Mazi

Mad money or worth every penny.

Not bad, seen an e30 325i touring, with one owner and between 9k-10k miles on the clock for £17k lol. Just seen another E30 325i coupé in red mtech 2 kit for £12.5k. Good condition older BMWs are starting to appreciate now lol

Another example of the modern classic car market that's gone mad... I fear the bubble may just go pop sometime soon.

I see the appeal of classic M Cars, air cooled Pork and similar exotica... but a boggo standard 80's 320 with 40k miles is not a desirable car IMO. Now if it was running an M50 and had been re-trimmed to a high standard, good colour etc. then maybe I could see some value.

C.

Exactly what I was thinking. How can a boggo standard 320 be worth more than many E39 M5s.

Its old with low mileage but dull. 

Exactly what I was thinking. How can a boggo standard 320 be worth more than many E39 M5s.

Its old with low mileage but dull. 

Yeah but you can't think like that. When you are comparing old classic cars with modern(ish) cars, it's mostly about how it makes you feel...it's not about the stats. Of course, it would be nice to have a classic car that is fast(ish) and has some creature comforts, but remember, these are not going to be people's daily car (mostly).

Same story with the E30 M3....not the fastest, not the best sounding, not the spacious, not the best looking (looks are subjective I know), not the well spec'd out M3 if you compare it to all the M3s that came out after. But for some reason, it is expensive to buy. Why? It could be because it was the first M powered car for the 3 series, or it was featured in a lot of races back in the day so it has a story behind it, or it is rare, or simply it was people's dream car back in the day and buying one will fulfill their nostalgic memories lol.  

Yeah but you can't think like that. When you are comparing old classic cars with modern(ish) cars, it's mostly about how it makes you feel...it's not about the stats. Of course, it would be nice to have a classic car that is fast(ish) and has some creature comforts, but remember, these are not going to be people's daily car (mostly).

Same story with the E30 M3....not the fastest, not the best sounding, not the spacious, not the best looking (looks are subjective I know), not the well spec'd out M3 if you compare it to all the M3s that came out after. But for some reason, it is expensive to buy. Why? It could be because it was the first M powered car for the 3 series, or it was featured in a lot of races back in the day so it has a story behind it, or it is rare, or simply it was people's dream car back in the day and buying one will fulfill their nostalgic memories lol.  

I do understand that. I just cannot understand who would pay that much for a basic E21.

I remember when I was at school a mates older brother bought a yellow E21 323 in yellow and ragged it to death.

Cannot compare to an E30 M3 which has motorsport pedigree.

Never mind the fact ones missing it's centre cap badge, the wheels are completely the wrong colour and described as "Alpine" in the ad. You'd think any true enthusiast would have had them finished in the correct Silver with the black centres. 

I think if it's as good as it looks, then it's worth what someone will pay. If that's £12500 then it's worth the money. The ultimate point for me if I was the seller would be "find another one". These rusted badly and if that's completely rot free as the seller says? I doubt there will be another outside of Munichs museum!

If it was a 323i with sports spec and lsd etc in a cooler colour I could see it fetching a high value but this one listed doesn't have any wow factor other than its great condition, nice car but overpriced imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk