duncan-uk

Tell me about Audi rs4's...

For me it's that if I wanted a 4x4 it would be a range rover if I wanted a Porsche I'd get a 911. But the whole luxury 4x4 thing is just willy waving. So actually I'd have a battered defender if I needed to drive over muddy fields.

Was recently a passenger in a new Gold estate, bearing in mind i'm 6'3 i had room to spare in the front and the rear seats had really decent space still. 

Then with the back seats down it swallowed a single bed base and mattress no problem. That, handling and 0-60 in 5.1.... winner!

Are you sure it wasn't a Skoda Superb, Im 5'10 and my kids had very little legroom in the Golf.......nice looking but rejected as cramped. Boot bigger than average though, and that's the issue with a lot of estate cars now, the sloping tailgate and all the gubbins that intrudes into the load area loses loads of space..............even the Skoda's suffer from that now.

Peugeot 504/505 Estate, now they were real load luggers!

Ha ha....

You always take the bait Jayman...

I actually quite like them... The facelift GTS is a nice enough thing..

It's because everyone is too quick to dismiss them and because of their marmite looks say their shit! That are far from shit, go like a stabbed rat(the turbo does anyway!) and you can get at least one dog and luggage in the boot and 3 adults in the back :)

The Audi's have proper AWD, all bar the s3 and TT which share that 4 motion stuff with the Golf's, not a fan of the idea myself..

regarding remapping on the 530D speak to Enda (end tuning) on here 

Hmmmm only because 'normal' drug dealers can afford the RS4 :lol:

Where as only 'high level' drug dealers could afford the cayenne when it came out! :lol: :lol: ;)

The Audi's have proper AWD, all bar the s3 and TT which share that 4 motion stuff with the Golf's, not a fan of the idea myself..

Audi snobbery at its best? Haha im led to belive that the mk7 golfs have gen5 quattro. I could be wrong tho. I know the toureg, photon and passat have gen4 quattro. After googling it, the veryon has VW's haldex system, interestingly enough. Edited by WickRatson

For me it's that if I wanted a 4x4 it would be a range rover if I wanted a Porsche I'd get a 911. But the whole luxury 4x4 thing is just willy waving. So actually I'd have a battered defender if I needed to drive over muddy fields.

The only range rover to buy is the classic, new ones are as common as muck like the 5Turbos in the late 80's every t**t had one.

If you want a nice original landy have a look at this, it may have finished but no one bought it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121850021483?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

There are not many county's around these days and they are collectable.

The only range rover to buy is the classic, new ones are as common as muck like the 5Turbos in the late 80's every t**t had one.

Agree but i did say IF i wanted a 4x4 ;)

In what way? Lol. It will destroy the RS4 in every way. It's not as if the S4 comes with crappy suspension or brakes. As for modding the RS4, it costs a fortune squeezing just a bit more power out of it due to the N/A engine, which is why no one really mods it. 

Even an S4 with only a remap to around 400hp keeps up with an RS4 in a drag race. Check out Chris Harris' video on youtube where he put his S4 Avant against an RS4.

First off, I'm not knocking S4's, they're probably alright.

I haven't looked at the suspension / brakes etc in detail but I fully expect the that items on the RS models are upgraded over the S4. Whether the standard stuff on the S4 is enough for the road is down to personal opinion and driving style. To upgrade them on and RS4 along with seats and wheels and the countless other bits would cost a fortune. That's why the S4 will never be an RS4, even if modded to equal power levels (although as jamiepeers said, the B7 S4's n/a gains will be very costly).

I don't get the bad image issue with RS4's either - when I see one I just think "there's a guy who knows and enjoys his cars". Performance family barges don't come much more subtle in my opinion....

Anyway, it's all moot being as Dunc has decided it doesn't suit his needs :D

B7 RS4 is stunning. Get a nice wagon and u won't look back. Plan to eventually get one hopefully.

S4 will be very capable too if u are talking about a B8. Mapped they make similar power and more torque. Also susp components will most likely be newer so will

Drive fairly crisp.

Had a blast against an old S4 yday night on damp, dark, tight twisty roads. Car seemed mapped but around the bends it was fast. Sure it has a 2.7 twin turbo.

Come on, it's got 200bhp more and 2 extra driven wheels. Why wouldn't it be faster?

Because the 1000rpm rush of torque the 530d gives makes it *feel* like it's faster! lol

A mate of mine had an RS4, it felt similar to my 550i.. The V8's are just getting in their stride when it's all over in the diesel!

Get a z4m and a new pug boxer van for work D...

All sorted, 4x4's are for farms and dirt tracks.

V8's are for sound

But an m engine in go kart form ;-)...

After the missus smashed up the 5 I got an A6 C5 Quattro Avant...(in 2.5tdi Form) I'm rather fond of it and the quattro system is impressive to say the least! Should have got a 2.7t or even the V8, the diesel is not that economic friendly. I'd love an RS6 C5 but the possible gearbox failure, amongst other things is worrying. They are pretty spacious. Not sure how they compare to an E39 though.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk