Nomis

Truck photos.

Boss wanted some up to date photos of the fleet,so a couple of us drivers spent the morning juggling trucks and dropping trailers.

Fleet pic and mine on its own all set for Tuesday morning.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yeah they,re still going Simon,Mark has a new Volvo 750 now,one of 3 in the fleet,the rest are 500,s,

As with fridge work there,s a lot of night running and sleeping through the day so if you don,t see one before dinner time they,re probably parked up.

Bloody hell! That's a bit fancy. I bet those 750's go like hell freighted or not. Still prefer the scania with the barely adequate 730

Problem these days is because all trucks have to have massive catalytic converters the V8's don't sound all that anymore. A 143 with stacks was and will be forever more the best sounding truck ever made.

I'm getting on really well at pennine, they like me and I like them. They're getting quotes for replacing the 2 artics at the moment but the guy that specs them (chief driver) is very fussy and wants specific things for site work. I've begged and pleaded for a manual gearbox more or less from day 1 and he agrees they're better for sites so is trying his hardest to get the extra cost past the MD. I'll be a very happy trucker if I get a proper gearbox after years of sheer frustration. The only auto truck worth a toss is the Volvo especially now as I believe they're double clutch. Sorry to say Mick but I've driven scanias with the auto, even the 3 pedal effort and they're pretty poor compared to the ishift. Way better than MANs P.O.S. though.

Totally agree with you Simon,the gearbox is the only downside to the Scania,manual is definetly the way to go in our line of work,autos ok for motorway work,

All the lads at our place say my 65 plate has got a real growl to it compared to all the others,but there,s not one in the yard that sounds the same as another.

Love one of these again. I remember as a pup being thrown the keys to an erf and he said "here lad, try this for size". I replied "no sweat" needless to say, I wasn't this good......

I managed to play better tunes on it

For me, the pinnacle of truck 'boxes was an MAN with their wonderful comfort shift. Used to use one when I was at securicor about 16 years ago (just before they got swallowed up). How MAN went from that to the bottom of the pile remains a mystery to me. All I can think is the test driver was on holiday at the time so the management just signed it off in his absence lol.

At the start of my driving career i always seemed to be in an ERF,Foden or Seddon Atkinson all with twin splitters,once i got used to them,i wouldn,t have anything else,strangely it was the simpler gearboxes that used to fear me,i don,t know why,maybe it was because of the crap trucks they were often attached too like Iveco and MAN,s.

I do look back fondly on getting the keys to a brand new ERF E14 320 on a K reg and then after that a new to us N reg ERF Olympic Sovereign.

I think one of worst manuals I had was an early merc axor with the knock across 4 over 4. The changes weren't to bad but the knock across killed my elbow every single day. It was replaced with a 2 year newer one with the actros telegent (wait for the click click) which was a good gearbox.

Teckno model of my mates Volvo 750image.thumb.jpg.92a1dbe75b6c15ed6405142da1a783e8.jpg

Very nice!, Tekno certainly do a nice model.

I have the Tekno model of Robert's scania among my collection but I've kind of lost interest in them so haven't bought anything for a while.

Cheers

Neilf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That will be worth a few bob now Neil i would think,

I drove the full scale version for 2yrs when Andrew Burns went in the office,mostly likely the best truck i,ve ever had the pleasure to drive,why Scania dropped the R620 i,ll never know,its a big gap now between the 580 and 730.

This is me loaded yesterday in a field at the side of the A1 in Musselburgh,drilling rig site clearance,all strapped down and ready for the offimage.thumb.jpg.5c9f3e7c90484f45d3d1e7c62e61edeb.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.0551dce95bc4a1c7e9ea2e698c4bb73b.jpg