Calypso-E34

Pressure washers - any recommendations?

27 posts in this topic

I have a little Karcher K2.36 thing I've had for a few years.  It's OK, but it's very light and pulls around very easily, and the hose is too short at 4 metres.  I had a longer hose, but it went bang.

I don't need anything fancy, but a decent hose length would be a priority.  Gadget wise, I just need a decent lance - it's just for the car.  I had another Karcher years ago that was better - still small, but a good weight with a long hose.  I had that thing for a good 13 years before it went bang.

Edited by Calypso-E34

Nilfisk as they use brass/metal fittings whereas Karcher tend to use plastic. I have a Nilfisk which is 6+ years old now and was used previously with a Detailing Business and still works like a dream. ;)

C.

I have a Karcher and bought a decent longer hose. Works a treat

I would say if yours is still fine, then a new longer hose would be a cheaper option? 

Nilfisk have metal pumps so less chance of splitting...

Look on hot uk deals... :-)

I've got a kartcher k4 at the moment and have always had kartcher but haven't had one last longer than three years tops. I'm going to give Nilfisk a go when this fails in about twelve months three days and twelve seconds.

p3tchy and phil520d like this

Nilfisk here as well

Bought in 2009, works faultlessly

Highly recommended!

Got to agree, nilfisk, was used heavily when i was self employed valeter/detailer for years, and at least twice a week at home nowadays.

All i bought for it was a better and longer hose, sam

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

I had a karcher which only lasted a year then bought a nilfisk about 3 years ago expecting the same because it was cheap but it's still going strong. That has a reasonably long hose too.

Bosch has done 12 years, still excellent.

After 6 years to plastic pipe went pop

Found a company online you could sent off to and replaced hose with decent rubberised twice as long - do that and you're all set.

I've been looking at gettin a new washer too and been checking out the nilfisks online. But their model numbers are confusing! What's a decent one to get for general car / patio washing etc without goin ott?

C110/120 are decent enough for general home use, and cheap, Sam

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

C130 is what I have.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-C130-X-Tra-Pressure-Washer/dp/B006UCKWAA/ref=sr_1_7?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1452428945&sr=1-7

Only advantage of a higher end karchers is the ability to take a feed from a water butt.

Thanks for all the advice chaps - very helpful as always.

I went for this one - seemed to tick all the boxes for a whisker under £150. 6 metre hose is long enough.

p3tchy likes this

I have found the hose to be a little short, but only by a few feet so just moving the washer closer solved that, Alternatively you can get a 15m one on ebay for about £30. 

Our Stihl is well over 10 years old and works a treat. Quality fittings too.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by pidgeonpost

I'm sure most nilfisks will take feed from a water butt, can't remember where I read it, Sam

I'm sure most nilfisks will take feed from a water butt, can't remember where I read it, Sam

Think you're right, some Karchers too I believe.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

SamMubarak, on 10 Jan 2016 - 7:21 PM, said:

Correct, my Nilfisk used to draw from a baffled water tank in the back of a van. ;) 

C.