andy_ran

Laser Eye Correction......

I am in the process of getting a consultation booked in at a private highly recommended eye hospital :)

Quite excited - Like you Tris, I cant see anything more than 1ft from my face (-4.5 ish) and have been like it since I can remember 

I was -7.5 left and -7.75 right.  Corrected 100% by the laser.

However, be aware that they will be VERY reluctant to do the process again should it deteriorate.  Also, with high levels of corection you will probably not be able to wear contact lenses as the shape of the eye changes too much for the lense to hold cleanly to the eye.

Mrs had correction done about 16 years ago, we traveled to Manchester as one of the closest places that did it at the time, her script was around 2-3 per eye iirc.

I sat about 4 feet away from the big machine with her eye projected onto a nearby TV for me to watch.

She had the Lasik procedure, they sliced the cornea to leave a flap, aligned a red and green laser and after a few seconds or burning in each eye the eyes are rinsed and the flaps replaced. 

She's been fine up until about 3-4 years ago and has started wearing glasses again so she says it was well worth the 2k or so it cost at the time.

Full procedure took less than an hour from start to finish.

So, reading all the posts since my last it appears technology may have indeed moved on. :???:  Let us know how it goes Andy as I wouldn't mind being without glasses again, the funny thing is I had good vision until I was about 20 and now at 30 I have quite a strong prescription.

I'm -13.5 in both eyes! You lot have perfect vision compared to me

Sent from my Nexus 6P

You could never wear contact lenses. How would your eyelid blind over the lens