bigpow

Mid life big boy toy what would you have (fun)

75 posts in this topic

If you asked the wife and my daughter they would say I have already been through a midlife crisis, happy with what I have at the moment but if I could have one then it would be a M3 or M6 just for weekends.......

That,s some machine Paddy.

They are a lovely looking thing that's for sure. White with red leather though? Really? I suppose you'd want black wheels as well so you could totally ruin it. ;)

I will have one in about 20 years when they come into my price bracket...

Me too Gary, me too.

They are a lovely looking thing that's for sure. White with red leather though? Really? I suppose you'd want black wheels as well so you could totally ruin it. ;)

No, don't like black wheels,

or black leather,

or black paint.

pidgeonpost likes this

F Type R AWD Coupe for me please.

Same as this one, but White with a Red interior.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/jaguar/f-type/jaguar-f-type-5-0-v8-supercharged-r-awd/4995109?v=b#&gid=1&pid=3

One of my favourite colour combo,s

Always think the current shape Z4 in White with red interior looks stunning.

I'd have a BMP, perfect for driving in London, no congestion charge, can't be clamped or towed, no one will argue with you or try bullying you either :)

Just for noise alone an E6* M5 or M6, that v10 with a meiserchief/Eisemann exhaust, it does things to me not even the wife can do! Take away your ferrari n lambo bmw nailed it with that V10! I always find myself listening to them on youtube! In 3years i WILL have one!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dad had one. Spent thousands on it. Was a nightmare. He was the same, wanted one for years. Was working about a year in over 4yrs of ownership. TVRs own engine was a bag of shite at that time.

Yeah, this is exactly why I would never buy one in real life. Pretty sure most Tuscan ownership stories are the same. Beauty can be a cruel mistress.

Yeah, this is exactly why I would never buy one in real life. Pretty sure most Tuscan ownership stories are the same. Beauty can be a cruel mistress.

Indeed, saying that he's currently going in for another Cerbera. Mind you I never said he had any sense!!

We had a Griffith 500 that was very reliable after we rigged a battery saver to it; it ate through a cooling fan every year although the pair of them seemed to be working hard all the time.

We had a Griffith 500 that was very reliable after we rigged a battery saver to it; it ate through a cooling fan every year although the pair of them seemed to be working hard all the time.

The old rover v8s were much better. Usually battery issues, where they weren't driven enough.

Love the Griffith. Wish I could afford one! They have the last one that came off the production line up at TVR Fernhurst. Think it's the head mechanics.

Pre-cat 4.3 Big Valve Griffith is the last of the great TVR's IMO. Stunning car with plenty of go... and the noise... :wub:

C.

aspotofbother likes this

Pre-cat 4.3 Big Valve Griffith is the last of the great TVR's IMO. Stunning car with plenty of go... and the noise... :wub:

C.

The Griffith 500 had far more go and more noise - the 'Big Valves' of the 4.3 were used on the 500 engines and other mods for the full fat 340bhp. The Chimera 500 engines had 320bhp for a smoother idle and throttle response, as well as softer suspension.

The mental engine was the Red Rose AJP 4.5 V8 in the Cerbera, a conservative 440bhp in a one tonne car.....

aspotofbother likes this