Positiv

My Norwegian E39 With Many pictures

This is radiator, bleeder screws and bearings to the alternator. You see when is coming to the radiator there is no problem with that in first place. But after I replace the ekspansion tank earlier. I do not get it tight so its constant leaking between the tank and radiator. And I have tested out with two different new tanks. So I give up and bought me a new radiator. When is coming to the alternator its work fine after I replace the regulator and cleaning it up. But there is noise from the bearings. So in the end of this week I will replace the radiator and the bearings. So more pictures is coming from that job.

Edited by Positiv

The expansion tank and filler is on the 'wrong' side. Is that because your car is LHD?

That might sound daft, but I can't think of any other reason!

On 3/27/2018 at 1:33 PM, Loadmaster said:

The expansion tank and filler is on the 'wrong' side. Is that because your car is LHD?

That might sound daft, but I can't think of any other reason!

I am not sure. But all of this kind of tank`s are placed on the side I have it. By the way bought me some new parts today.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600%201.jpg

146618.jpg

s-l1600%202.jpg

It is not happend much with the Bimmer this days. But yesterday I did polish the car inside, outside and the engine bay. And the car run like brand new. :)

DSCN2885.jpg

DSCN2875.jpg

DSCN2874.jpg

DSCN2892.jpg

DSCN2867.jpg

DSCN2890.jpg

DSCN2897.jpg

Still work on my Saab 9-5 Aero.

P1017567.jpg

P1017474.jpg

Edited by Positiv

On 7/9/2018 at 7:49 AM, Loadmaster said:

Looking good mate...

Thank`s mate.

By the way. I see that you bought a 540 in mint condition. Congratulations so much. :)

6 hours ago, Positiv said:

Thank`s mate.

By the way. I see that you bought a 540 in mint condition. Congratulations so much. :)

Thanks Bent. Yes it's in good shape and I'm very pleased with it!

Then I have remove what I need from a part car to build my interior the way I want it. So I have to first clean and polish the parts.

This is the car I took the parts from. An e39 2000 mod.

_337307299.jpg

_811622011.jpg

_2008132605.jpg

_1541749914.jpg

_578578710.jpg

And here is the parts I remove from the car.

P1017783.jpg

P1017775.jpg

P1017772.jpg

On 7/31/2018 at 12:20 AM, duncan-uk said:

Looking good B)

so apparantly we might be visiting Norway at Christmas. Any tips?

yes I think this will be nice looking. But we have to see.

Hard for me to give you any tips. Since I not know where in Norway you will travel. And also I do not know your interests. 

On 7/31/2018 at 1:25 PM, Loadmaster said:

Did you buy the whole car just for those parts?

I did not. Just took out what I needed. Before the owner sent the car for scrapping. But you know me and pictures. Everything has to be dokumentet. :)

Can someone tell me if there is easy to find front seats from an e38 in England? since I like to get a set for my e39. But here in Norway there is very few e38 on the scrap yards or parts at all.

Yes that is Contours seats am looking for. But in Norway and Sweden, they are more or less non existing. So I have to look in to scrap yards or from a private person in England and Germany. And when I find something I like for the right amount of money. I take a drive and pick them up next spring. So I will work on this coming winter.

Thank`s for your response :) But I think that price is way to high. And I also need seats in beige color.