dog man

Anyone ever successfully cancelled an eBay refund request?

Ask the buyer to initiate a return of the helmet and on receipt back at your end, you will issue him a refund. State to him that you will only refund him in full if he sends it back. You will get hit with the return postage back to you but hey, that's better than getting stiffed. Once he initiates it, accept the terms that state, a full refund to be given once the item has reached you. 

If he refuses to return it then you are on a better footing with ebay as you are indeed offering a full refund, when you are in receipt of the item back to you. If he refuses to initiate the return, then you can go back to ebay and ask them to decide who wins the case. Warning, they normally rule in favour of the buyer so the above returns process and you offering to abide with it, is very important to your case.

HTHs

( helmet )  its you that gives the helmet refund,when you get item back so it will have to be in the box.

(car  )   omg go round his house now,if he lives their that is.

I did the same bought car from e bay paid deposit pay pal,paid balance cash he even made me cup of tea 2 days later car vanished, phoned police they told me car was reported stolen,they had it I then had to prove I bought it, I got car back but lost my deposit money,pay pal friend and family don't send money like this.    

I don't understand how people end up issuing refunds AND losing the item though.....

Do some people refund before they receive the thing back?

Or does eBay automatically refund the money when tracking shows parcel delivered? ....and then it's a box of sawdust

In my case it was a buyer using a stolen credit card! Once the card was reported stolen PayPal refunded the transaction leaving me with no goods and a negative PayPal balance...

Was royally annoyed, how I'm supposed to know a buyer is using a stolen credit card I'll never know!

so he has agreed for a partial refund of £60

The return shipping was gonna be £54 so I'll just go ahead with the partial refund. 

I have a similar situation trying to sell my Andrive. The bloke had no previous eBay history/transactions. He won the auction and paid two days later after I reminded him I'm going on holiday in a 10 days so the quicker he pays the faster I'm going to send it. He got it yesterday morning and in the evening I receive a "return request" claiming it doesn't work or it's defective. In the comment section he left: "hi it doesn't work or it's defective. What can I do?

I messaged him three times yesterday asking if the box was damaged as I packed it really securely in a double box all tripple wrapped in a bubble wrap so there was no chance it could have been damaged. I sent a picture how it supposed to be connected and asked if he has connected it according to the instructions. I also asked what kind of falt is it. Does it work at all etc. No reply at all. I spoke to a PayPal person and I need to wait 8 days until someone can be involved. I checked his details on Facebook (Lithuanian) and it seems he's got an E46 and my guess it doesn't fit the dashboard when I listed it as a E39 unit! This is only my guess. In the worst scenario he has plugged it in wrongly and burned the thing! Has anyone had a similar experience?

Yeah. I manage my father in laws ebay shop. He sold a ford 2.0L double cam valve cover in perfect condition.   

The buyer then left positive feedback about how impressed he was with the service etc. The two days later without any notice he opens an ebay case asking for a full refund saying the item is damaged. 

When I said to the buyer can you send me pictures, which he did but they weren't great, I then ask him to send the part back so that we can inspect the part we sent, the buyer refused and said I was questioning his honesty etc. 

Long story short contacted ebay, and the buyer always win, we had no choice but to refund him. 

From now on all items sold are engraved/marked. 

I sold some BMW handbooks on eBay, didn't send signed for, buyer claims not received. Royal Mail ignore requests to claim for loss. No option but to refund seller.

Fingers burnt.

Now stuff that I sell is all sent signed for.

1 hour ago, Mr_530i said:

Yeah. I manage my father in laws ebay shop. He sold a ford 2.0L double cam valve cover in perfect condition.   

The buyer then left positive feedback about how impressed he was with the service etc. The two days later without any notice he opens an ebay case asking for a full refund saying the item is damaged. 

When I said to the buyer can you send me pictures, which he did but they weren't great, I then ask him to send the part back so that we can inspect the part we sent, the buyer refused and said I was questioning his honesty etc. 

Long story short contacted ebay, and the buyer always win, we had no choice but to refund him. 

From now on all items sold are engraved/marked. 

You need to ring Ebay. That's what I do. Some arsehole bought an N42 VVT sensor. I sent it and of course 'my mechanic says it doesn't work'.

No, course it doesn't. :rolleyes:

So I asked him to send it back. Package arrives, and of course it's his old one. Opens a case etc, he wins.

So I rang Ebay and said very calmly that what this shit had done was theft, pure and simple. Guy on the other end of the phone reversed the decision there and then.

If you allow yourself to be walked all over, you will get bummed. Don't stand for it.

Edited by Sir Anthony Regents-Park

Oh well...I accepted the return but haven't refund him until he sends it back to me. He still hasn't replied to any of my messages, just contacts me via eBay. 

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by mastacrx

"Swapping"  parts has become a ebay epidemic  these days .  

Yep it happened on about 30% of all the parts I've posted after breaking my pd130 golf, it's a joke. Some I've managed to get some of my money back but most have shafted me. You still loose the postage costs from when you first send it and then have to dispose of the crap they send back.

I've got a set of mudflaps on there way back to me now that he says are split (They defiantly wernt) and looking at the photos they are not the ones I sent him, plus he moaned they were muddy.....i sh*t you not.

Just received a set of headlights back that were on my car for 700miles from new, he said they arried smashed yet sent back a set that have been on a car for 50k+ miles, clearly not what I sent him.

It's all theft and can't understand how this can continue on eBay, there will be no sod selling anything soon.

Play eBay at their own game 

never ever accept PayPal . Just use it as a shop window . Cheap pay as you go sim

buyers Either pay all costs by "PayPal gift" or cash on collection .

no need to show eBay etc any respect 

All good and well, selling via collection but you would never sell everything doing it like that, it would lower you total cash by quite a bit. Also you cannot put an advert on eBay without a valid PayPal, then every single person who buys anything does not read the description CASH ON COLLECTION, all 8/8 payed via PayPal. I seam to find every bellend with an eBay account.

EBay needs a good rival, it's the only way.

Who can answer me on this one, how is it legal to charge fees on postage?

Like others have said, don't let them fcuk you over.

I sold some die cast model cars on ebay for a mate who didn't have an account. Anyway, about 2 weeks after it's all done and dusted, all the items had been sent out via Royal Mail Signed For. All confirmed as received at the other end (several different buyers) and I'd already given my mate the money.

Then I got an email from Paypal, saying there might have been some kind of irregularity with one of the payments, and could I please forward them proof of posting and if possible, proof of delivery of one particular item. In the meantime, they'd frozen about £30 that I'd left in the paypal account.  I immediately sent them what they'd asked for, and then rang them to say could they please unfreeze the money. They never did tell me exactly what the so called financial irregularity was, and when pressed, they were unable to tell me when they might restore access to my money.

I messaged the buyer and he claimed not to know what was going on either. In fact, he was extremely vague and not at all helpful. I sent Paypal several messages and they stopped responding. That's when they found out it's not a good idea to ignore me when I ask nicely. I sent them a letter before action, which they also ignored, so I followed it up with county court proceedings, both against Paypal and the buyer. I messaged Paypal via their own website and politely told them I'd issued proceedings using Money Claim Online. I even advised them of the case number, but they put in a defence in which they claimed they didn't know which paypal account the claim related to.  Paypal then sent me the entire user agreement, printed on paper and delivered by courier, and eventually sent me a message saying they'd unfrozen the funds, and credited the amount of the court fees to my account as well.

As for the buyer, he ignored the summons and a default judgment was entered against him. I made sure the court was aware the matter had been settled so it wouldn't end up as a black mark on his credit history for 6 years.

Paypal might want people to think they can't take it to court because it's based abroad, but this isn't the case. I used their London address which I found online.

If you ever need to do it, the MCOL site is very easy to navigate and you pay the court fee with a debit or credit card.

When the return item is posted does it appear on my ebay account somehow? I used the ebay label service? 7 days later and I haven't heard anything about my return but he has got time until the 24th of March.

When the return item is posted does it appear on my ebay account somehow? I used the ebay label service? 7 days later and I haven't heard anything about my return but he has got time until the 24th of March.

No it doesn't appear on your account, you have to wait for the postman. My advice is to just stay quiet and see if it turns up, sometimes they forget or can't be bothered, on the 25th ask eBay to step in and review it, if he hasn't got a tracking number they will reimburse you.

I had a case closed by the buyer because he couldn't be bothered to return an item he was claiming was damaged, he then sent pictures of a different item (same part) that was damaged. I picked up on it, he probably thought he would loose, saved me phoning eBay anyway. He left the obligatory negative feedback but what can you do?

Sold a bumper to a guy who bought some other parts, walked back in the house and someone had bought it, messaged them straight away and refunded them, left negative feedback immediately.

I've sold 37 items in my history, 1 left positive feedback, 2 tried to swap parts and left negative feedback and the other was the bumper. 37 happy customers and my account shows 75% bad feedback.

EBay sucks balls sometimes