Fatbloke72

SAT NAV MAPS UPDATE BY USB

I successfully updated mine using the lifetime code from the guy on ebay and downloading the maps from BMW onto a 64gb stick, happy man. Bit disappointed I don't get 3D buildings or streetview but my sat nav is the basic one and not the Premium so what odds? Ah well, 

Cheers,

It really isn't worth getting excited about.

Nearest place to me is Chester with any 3D content and the buildings are badly generated boxes that just get in the way of the overall view. 

22 hours ago, Sailorbaz said:

I successfully updated mine using the lifetime code from the guy on ebay and downloading the maps from BMW onto a 64gb stick, happy man. Bit disappointed I don't get 3D buildings or streetview but my sat nav is the basic one and not the Premium so what odds? Ah well, 

Cheers,

Premium only for 3d view I believe.

I also successfully updated to Europe West 2016-1 Premium. Used a 32gb USB 3 Kingston memory stick (USB hard drives don't work, the USB port doesn't supply enough power) took about 45 minutes, and resumed at 90% when I got back in the car. Used the FSC code from the ebay seller n0chex linked to. £7. Brilliant! Mine was on 2011 so was well due for updating. I'm glad to see these are becoming free OTA updates on newer cars. Seems silly to spend the extra on pro sat nav when it only becomes less relevant as the years roll on. Just let the seller know the VIN and what version you currently have. Simple.

Thanks n0chex!!

I have successfully updated to a  LifeTime BMW FSC Code  Road Map Europe Next 2016.1 for a accepted offer £18.50, I used a Samsung 128gb USB 3.0 memory stick, it appears the person that's been mentioned previously selling cheaply on ebay is now not available, but I found another on ebay  but a little bit more money, I'm not sure the lifetime code will prove its worth as I have found a lot of links for the map download are now only provided if you purchase the FSC code and map together, apparently the Road Map Map EUROPE EUROPA PREMIUM NEXT WEST EAST 2016.2 is out now but I  cant found a download link for the latest, I have seen on another forum  the release dates for BMW maps was  September 2015 for map version 2016.1 and followed by March 2016 for map version 2016.2.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LifeTime-BMW-FSC-CIC-NBT-NAVIGATION-GPS-Map-EUROPE-EUROPA-PREMIUM-NEXT-WEST-EAST-/222020058080?hash=item33b16d3be0:g:51AAAOSw-vlVpLv9

I was having a look round for prices on lifetime fsc codes for my 2015 NBT Pro Nav and came across this on one of the sites:

BMW FSC LIFETIME CODE PACKAGE

Lifetime codes do not work anymore, our service will provide you a new single code every 6 months as part of the lifetime package deal.

It's a bit of a bummer if it's correct?

Well there seems to be a 3 year code from BMW.

On my Nov'15 F11 I did not need a code to update my maps to 2016-1, it just did it.

The car includes updates for 3 years, so the original code that came with the car is allowing updates for the next 3 years I guess?

2 hours ago, n0chex said:

That will be for users of the NBT system 2013 and later, shouldn't effect older cars with the CIC Systems.

Are you saying the lifetime FSC Code wont no longer work anymore after my initial activation, I hope that's not the case because I could have purchased a single use FSC Code a lot cheaper on ebay :(

7 hours ago, SuperDave said:

With the recent discounts, my 2 year official subscription cost less than what's being offered there for NBT, unless im reading it wrong?

Agree.  That's why I went the "official" route.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 1:47 PM, Alexak said:

For the adventurous It really is not that hard to DIY this.

I have done mine twice now

The Maps can be downloaded from all sorts of places literally dozens of people upload them all over the shop as soon as they get released.

the FSC code can be generated yourself by reading and converting a seed code held in the car.

You just need an Enet cable and a bit of freeware called Dr.gini installed There are other FSC code generators out there but Dr Gini works for me so has become my preferred tool.

Any idea of where to get the latest maps from as I have Dr Gini and would do it manually?

Many thanks to Matthew Ashton. I just need to find a set of reliable instructions on how to generate my FSC code using either Dr Gini or Esys. Any links would be greatly appreciated :-)

4 hours ago, 5SPORT said:

Many thanks to Matthew Ashton. I just need to find a set of reliable instructions on how to generate my FSC code using either Dr Gini or Esys. Any links would be greatly appreciated :-)

why dont you just pay £15 and get a lifetime fsc on ebay.. life is too short imo. I used one  seller twice (me and cousin) replies in an hour each time. all good

good luck sorting it though if you find it, can you do a write up

15 hours ago, CS10 said:

I've just purchased the 2 year map update from BMW from ConnectedDrive.

Am I missing something obvious here? Where do I download it from!?

can't say really, google it CS10.

16 hours ago, CS10 said:

I've just purchased the 2 year map update from BMW from ConnectedDrive.

Am I missing something obvious here? Where do I download it from!?

"`Control" on the Connected Drive Website then roll down the left hand side to "Map Update" as follows:

5a805d5305604_ScreenShot2018-02-11at15_11_10.thumb.png.3439987c51089ad28c2f542e68f8924f.png

Push the button then follow the instructions (either Windows or Mac).

Edited by carrman

Finally figured out how to pull my generalPersistencyData_DiagnosticSWTController file from the CIC over ethernet (it's a late E60) and create my FSC code. I now have the 2018-1 Europe (USB) installed and working :)

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, johnleb said:

why dont you just pay £15 and get a lifetime fsc on ebay.. life is too short imo. I used one  seller twice (me and cousin) replies in an hour each time. all good

good luck sorting it though if you find it, can you do a write up

I've got the tools so I may as well use them plus I'll learn a thing or two. Hopefully I won't cock it up and brick my unit, but I have coded the car previously so am confident in my ability :-)