Fatbloke72

SAT NAV MAPS UPDATE BY USB

Further update:-

The vehicle must be equipped with Professional Navigation and Enhanced Bluetooth in order to receive the 4G SIM Card. This system then benefits from over
the air map updates free for 3 years (up to 4 per year).

What form did the blurb come in? I have a 2015 car and haven't seen anything about it, I can only imagine it must be a very recent introduction.

Bend your dealers ear if you think this should apply to yours or if they did not inform you that it was coming and you bought recently.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/united-kingdom/pressDetail.html?title=all-bmws-to-come-with-satellite-navigation-as-standard-in-the-uk&outputChannelId=8&id=T0215182EN_GB&left_menu_item=node__4099

and a related thread for you to digest, it does not interest me because I have CIC and where i live we are lucky to get 2G!

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1165560

Thanks to the contributors on this forum I procured an FSC code for a bargain from the Ebay guy referenced in one of the posts above. Excellent service from him and seems to be based in Czech with quick turnaround. He sent easy to follow instructions. It took 29GB download a bit of faffing with WinRAR but once it was on the USB, it was easy.

And as previous posts have said, it doesn't matter if you start stop your journey once you plug the USB into the centre console in my LCI car - the update just starts.

I have an NBT system that is now updated to 2016-1 Maps from 2013. (My 63 plate LCI does not have the over the air update so that seems to be new cars only and as I also live in 2G land, it would not )

UPDATE TO FREE MAP UPDATING

I was slightly concerned when I discovered that my new F11 would not update over the air and thought that I would be battling at every update to get a FSC code from the dealer.

There was a FSC code in the folder on delivery and I thought maybe that will work for 3 years, however I have downloaded the 2016-1 maps from one of the sites on the internet and just tried it out.

As soon as I plugged the USB stick into the car, it started updating and has now finished without asking for any code!!

Result!! So it seems that you really do get free updates for cars delivered from September 2015, you just need to download then yourself and install them.

Happy owner here... :razz:

Edited by kingwear

My F10 LCI was first registered in late September 2015 (built 29/6/15) and I have subscribed to various Connected Drive Services including RTTI.

I noticed that USB Map Updates recently appeared on my Connected Drive portal - expiring in 2018 which is welcome.

However no updates appear to be available yet for my Business Navigation despite 2016-1 being noted to be available by many on this forum.

The website states the following:

"Due to maintenance work, the website is currently not available"

So I contacted BMW who advised the following:

Thanks for your email about the map updates availability on the customer portal.

It’s been identified that there’s a bug in the system and this is being worked on by BMW Germany. The map updates will be available sometime in January.

I’m sorry for any disappointment this might cause, but I can only ask for your kind continued patience. If there’s anything else I can help you with, please get in touch.

May I take this opportunity to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I spent ages on the phone and via email to BMW regarding this and in parallel I decided to download the 2016-1 maps from here http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1196422&highlight=fsc

I copied the files to a 32gb stick and hey presto I now have the latest maps!! I was keen to find out if it needed a code and that was why I tried it.

I guess you can do the same or wait for BMW to sort the site out. Not sure why alternate sites can have the maps available so quickly!!

i really need to sort this out for mine, a job for next month.  Could someone PM me someone decent to buy a lifetime FSC code and a link to download the CIC 2016 maps

TIA

My post 2 up for a link

You will need to look at your current Version Map to see what that is and yes "Western Europe" cover the UK

BMW Road Map Europe Europa West  PREMIUM 2016-1 (1-USB Version)

was the one I used as my old map was Europe West Premium 2012

Edited by n0chex

Wow, thats a good price, some places want up to 50 quid!

The auction states lifetime code is in 'other auction' though but none of his other items are for a lifetime code.

Did you just state in the offer that you wanted a lifetime code?

USB updates now available on Connected Drive for free updates for eligible vehicles.

And worked fine with no issues to my car registered in September 2015.

Of course I won't notice any differences....!

Edited by carrman

Wow, thats a good price, some places want up to 50 quid!

The auction states lifetime code is in 'other auction' though but none of his other items are for a lifetime code.

Did you just state in the offer that you wanted a lifetime code?

It's a LIFETIME CODE mate.

going to update this tomorrow, slight worried that it does not mention UK it the coverage section,

Europe West: 
Full cover: 
Andorra, Belgien, D?nemark, Deutschland, Finnland, Frankreich, Griechenland, Gibraltar, Gro?britannien, Irland, Italien, Kroatien, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Monaco,Niederlande, Norwegen, ?sterreich, Polen, Portugal, San Marino, Slowakische Republik, Slowenien, Spanien, Schweden, Schweiz, Tschechische Republik, Ungarn und Vatikanstadt.

Just started mine, tried extracting FSC code from Esys but wasnt having any of it, when i inserted the usb pen the 3d part of my maps went and were greyed out this happen to anyone else?

just started the update this morning so will see if they come back