erv77

FSU - who sells decent ones?

fleaBay have these from £9 - £40 but I'm worried that a £40 one will perform as badly as a £9 one! BMW want £85 and bmwminiparts want £65!

Can anyone recommend some vendors who are selling reliable FSU's at sensible prices???!!

Cheers

Cheers guys I get the buy cheap buy twice but by the same token oem prices are nuts.

I should have asked, has anyone spotted good oem prices anywhere?!?!?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

When I enquired about 6 months ago the oem one was branded Sitronic.

You may well find it cheaper elsewhere.

I fitted a Febi one which came recommended via my local Bmw Indy for £49.50

He said he never has any failures with Febi.

I have a cheap one for now, and a spare cheap one for when the first one fails.  Then when that happens I will get a genuine BMW one.  The cheapy has lasted a few weeks up to now lol.

Motormec sell decent quality items, anything from bmminiparts is usually OE so I would go with them in this case as that would be a good price for OE

cheers everyone - have plumped for a BEHR one from C3BMW - £48 inc. delivery. Febi ones were similar price, Meyle £40 but not heard good reports on those. Still - seems a lot of money for what they are, but at least I'll be able to clear the old windscreen (need to check out door vapour barriers - never a good sign when you have to use a squeegee on the inside of the windscreen!!!)

Just swapped mine, the BMW one I used was branded Sitronic, so I think the C3BMW claim of Behr being OEM is a bit misleading.

Not too bad a job, unscrew a couple of bits of trim in the footwell, seat right back and reclined, then lie on your back looking upwards. Hardest bit was getting the plug off the old FSU. There is a tab at the bottom that unclips (push down) then it just slides out.