Fezzy16v

Deposit paid on a 2006 Golf R 32 5 door...

A mate bought an R32 DSG in 2005 and it was a great car.

Someone I know bought a 55 plate A3 3.2 couple of years ago and it was horrible.

I can't work out if it's just in comparison to current cars that made it feel that way or the Audi was that much worse, I hope it's the second part as I do still like the R32 :)

I call mine the skateboard. Throw it anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, wife's VR6 4 motion is a cheap sports car and corners very well, fast enough to scare as well at this time of life.

Fezzy enjoy it mate. I'm inky fed up with the r32 I have because well my son wanted it so I bought it knowing he'd get fed up. But more importantly to put him off the cost etc of running. Oh yes it worked. Mpg maintenance and that little subject of insurance. That's why it's up for sale.

Lol it's a female owner what can I say. Not too fussed about how fast it is, been there done that. If I wanted something rapid I'd buy a Subaru STi or similar. I like the looks and engine note.

These are a lovely motor and well made... A pal has one and won;t be parted with it (it is his daily though as he has a fairly well specced R35 in his garage too). They're night & day from an E39 IMO

But, I have to say, they sound superb with a decent exhaust system, but they're not as fast as I'd expected! Still a lump of a car

Lol it's a female owner what can I say. Not too fussed about how fast it is, been there done that. If I wanted something rapid I'd buy a Subaru STi or similar. I like the looks and engine note.

Bit of an oxymoron there... rapid and Subaru don't belong in the same sentence. :D

Just doing a bit of research on the timing chain issue on the R32, missing a cog and causing expensive repairs. Still I'm sure you can research any car on google and it will throw up expensive problems.

Don't worry about the chain issue. I worried about the vanos issue after doing research. All cars have weaknesses. Good service history and it is what it is. Enjoy.

you all give Fezzy abuse lol for his changing cars issue, good on him i say , if he likes it he will keep it , if he doesnt its for sale but he has owned it , trrid it and ticked it off his list ...if i could i would change my car every month ! ( instead of every 3 months lol )

Just doing a bit of research on the timing chain issue on the R32, missing a cog and causing expensive repairs. Still I'm sure you can research any car on google and it will throw up expensive problems.

Stop. You've already paid the deposit, so there's no point causing yourself worry now.

Research before by all means, but it's a waste of time now.

I do take some stick, all a bit of banter I know lads. This will be my 4th car this year and yes this is one of the cars to tick off on my wanted list, and it's some list to get through lol..

The car has FSH and the couple have owned it for four years. Collecting it a week on Subday and paid £7900. Road tax is £270

For six months though lol

Yeah iv heard they ain't all that quick for a 3.2 V6 but 0-60 time is the same as the E90 330i I had and as you know that was no slouch so it will be quick enough for me

Mmm I wouldn't have thought the tt would have got near the 330 to be honest, low to mid revs maybe but no chance after about 5k rpm, the Golf might be faster right enough. It'll be faster than my 320i that's for sure :-) well until someone brings out a remap for it anyway ;-)