Bennybear

51 plate E39 M5 - SOLD

I know, everyone said it would happen, and I didn't believe them. But as soon as you have a kid your priorities change.

All I want is something safe, new, easy for the wife to drive and won't cause me any hassle.

Arguably, this shouldn't cause me much grief as I've done everything that could possibly go wrong. But the misses won't drive it, she's scared of it, and running two cars just seems a bit indulgent.

Some pics from my favorite detailing session

post-42102-0-75441500-1444902278_thumb.j

post-42102-0-78551400-1444902284_thumb.j

post-42102-0-82569700-1444902291_thumb.j

post-42102-0-95202300-1444902299_thumb.p

post-42102-0-29239400-1444902314_thumb.p

Some shots from last weekend, what you cant see in them is my daughter asleep in the back. For a couple of weeks the only place she would actually go to sleep.

post-42102-0-40609100-1444902354_thumb.p

post-42102-0-51889500-1444902325_thumb.j

post-42102-0-80397300-1444902329_thumb.j

post-42102-0-43370400-1444902339_thumb.j

post-42102-0-41229100-1444902346_thumb.j

Andy finally the reason my love affair with the E39 is drawing to an end

post-42102-0-49266000-1444902902_thumb.j

Mine had d/g wonder how many uk m5 had this option and how many are actually left? Enjoy your new car and I've got four of the last picture. All grown up still costing me more than my m5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is actually different to d/g, only found out when i had to replace the drivers side drop glass a couple of weeks ago.

This is high impact protective glazing. 

A keen eyed and knowledgeable forum member pointed out that the corners of the glass are different, and he was indeed correct. This is even rarer than the standard double glazing, hence my wait for BMW Germany to send the glass over.

But, because it is bonded to a sheet of plastic in between the two sheets of glass, (just like a windscreen) even when the glass is broken it doesn't shatter and stays in place. Which as the window fitter pointed out is great as you don't get any broken glass in the car/inside the door frame.

Very handy, if you happen to get a broken window.

Its covered on all windscreen insurance. I didn't realise and nearly paid for it myself, but its included and doesn't affect your premium if you make a claim.

Cost me £60 excess

I know, I'm actually in two minds now. I haven't advertised it yet and I'm thinking I might be making a mistake.

Have it on a classic policy for high days and dry days. Then a sensible chariot for the babe et all.

When babe is older and there's a Sunday trip to the coast booked? Why take the boring daily when you can improve the event for at least yourself, and take the M5. Job jobbed mate.

Edited by B7TMW

I agree with the logic, but I've promised the misses we'll bank £10k after the sale of the two cars.

Also I'm not getting too bad a deal, we're ordering either the 340i or the 335d both do 0-60 in around 5secs.

And in touring format, we'll get the best of both worlds in terms of practicality.

Anyway, this is a for sale thread you bar stewards, stop talking me out of selling! :)

Lovely M5, it looks very over tyred on the front, do the Supersports run wide?

Can you share what sort of lease prices you can get on the 340i? It's the only thing that will tempt me from my 550i..

I think it's just the photo. These are the correct OEM tyre dimensions and personaly I find the PS3s to be an excellent tyre. As they should at £200 a corner.

With about £4k down you can get a high spec (up to about £50k car) for around £540/month) mainly because of the dealer deposit contributions.

Also it's a PCP deal, so you could take it back, use the equity to get something new, or buy it at the end of the term by refinancing the end balance.

I can't get mine on clasdic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classic Line should cover on a classic policy, they would for me but I got a better quote elsewhere.

Great looking car there, just to add my 2p's worth at least you could enjoy the 10k as others have said above on weekends etc. you can't take the cash out on weekends

You could but you would need a wheelbarrow to get the maximum effect, or give it my wife and she will make it disappear.