Iddz

Who has the fastest 5 here (BHP/TORQUE)

There is plenty of MPG/mileage treads thought I'd start one for power!

All 5 models welcome! 25's 30's or the scary 35's !

Start of with mine, nothing major but happy with 250bhp not sure about torque figures as haven't had it on rolling road but will be doing soon!

Your turn?

Edited by Iddz

545i e61 sport 333bhp fast enough for me getting to use that power is near on impossible as it is. I haven't won who gives a _uck lol. Who's sounds the best no that's a different story lol. Not you diesel lovers anyway lol. I will have to upload a exhaust clip one of these days!!!!

There is plenty of MPG/mileage treads thought I'd start one for power!

All 5 models welcome! 25's 30's or the scary 35's !

Start of with mine, nothing major but happy with 250bhp not sure about torque figures as haven't had it on rolling road but will be doing soon!

Your turn?

All 5 models ??? Someone with an m5 is going to come along and really show us all up. Stock 230 bhp for me by the way.

545i e61 sport 333bhp fast enough for me getting to use that power is near on impossible as it is. I haven't won who gives a _uck lol. Who's sounds the best no that's a different story lol. Not you diesel lovers anyway lol. I will have to upload a exhaust clip one of these days!!!!

I'll join the petrol club if I may, standard 272bhp with an exhaust to bring out the petrol 6 :D

I think there are a couple of guys on the facebook page running over 400bhp on an M57 (not sure if they began as 530d's or 535d's). 

Although its an interesting thing to pass your time with and I appreciate the effort that goes into these things, I'm not sure I totally 'get it'. But then, I don't totally 'get' the M5 either. 

stock 535d but looking at getting a eco tune set up

bmw535dlad what did you have to do to achieve that figure? was it just and exhaust and map?

Hi 535_d ,

First off I had a piper cross air filter in the standard air box then had a stage 1 map from morebhp in Crewe which was done live on the rolling road, mine is the 272bhp model so with just that it made 322bhp and 666nm torque but I thought that was a little low anyway I decided to cut the dpf open gut it and welded it back up then I was booked in for a stage 2 map but I wanted to see what difference gutting the dpf made and it was infact blocked and was holding power back even tho there was no signs of it blocked so the figure went from 322bhp to 349bhp just by gutting the dpf then I had a stage to map which made 362bhp and 725nm torque

Edited by bmw535dlad

and what is the difference in a stage1 map and stage2?

im looking at getting my car mapped soon and would like to achieve your bhp

cheers

You have to have a stage 1 first before you can have a stage 2 so stage 1 is a air filter + custom map then you do a stage 2 which is air filter, exhaust + custom map where are you based mate? I recommend morebhp in Crewe as its all done live but it's up to you but the gearbox on these can only take 700nm or they don't last long yeah it's alright taking it to eco tune and achieving say 400bhp and 760nm torque but if the gearbox lasted 4 month I would be surprised mate don't quote me on them figures they just for example, Eco tunes dpf removal pipe Is a little pricey too at nearly £1000 lol I just cut mine open and did it myself for free and it will still pass an mot

I guess it also depends on the mileage of the gearbox and if it was ever serviced? if the gearbox has done 80-90k miles without an oil change and was only used around town, I wouldn't be surprised if it gave up when pushed to its limit. The driving behaviour will also be different. I can't imagine someone will map it to that amount of power and then not abuse it. 

I've taken out my cats, gutted the DPF, got a EGR Delete pipe, cut off the backbox and got a Stage 2+ Map to accommodate for the mods.. I haven't put it on rolling road yet but I'm assuming approximately 360-370hp and roughly 720nm. Looking to get a FMIC, but scared to put too much pressure on gearbox.. Anybody know of any gearbox upgrades or companies that can uprate it?