Iddz

Who has the fastest 5 here (BHP/TORQUE)

A manual box would be my ideal option, the opinion is a BMW box cannot handle the torque assuming it would be a 530d box, i would also question the clutch too. 

The other consideration would be the 8 speed box from the F10/11 535d. because the 0-62 of the f10 535d is about the same as mine despite my E61 having 50 more bhp and more torque..

On 07 October 2015 at 8:08 PM, Iddz said:

There is plenty of MPG/mileage treads thought I'd start one for power!

All 5 models welcome! 25's 30's or the scary 35's !

Start of with mine, nothing major but happy with 250bhp not sure about torque figures as haven't had it on rolling road but will be doing soon!

Your turn?

EDIT: This topic has got the attention of a lot of people, what do you guys say about meeting up and doing some drag racing @ Santa Pod this June to see who's really is the FASTEST?!

http://www.bmwshow.co.uk/

I will update this with a list of people who are up for it so that we can arrange something if enough are up for it.

Interested so far:

1. ME

2. bmw535dlad

3. judd1978

Surely the fastest is the one that has been driven the fastest, not the one with the most bhp. I've not taken mine above 145mph (obviously not in this country), but I am sure some are getting nearer 200. 

ive had mine at 155 in 5th in 6th it was sitting on 3500 rpm on a german autobahn, ive heard a standard one is capable of 176!!!! remaped which mine is!!! who knows!!!!

22 minutes ago, Saint said:

Surely the fastest is the one that has been driven the fastest, not the one with the most bhp. I've not taken mine above 145mph (obviously not in this country), but I am sure some are getting nearer 200. 

Ive had my 645ci at an indicated 160 (on private land of course) finding a good clean strech of road is difficult nowadays. 

40 minutes ago, judd1 said:

ive had mine at 155 in 5th in 6th it was sitting on 3500 rpm on a german autobahn, ive heard a standard one is capable of 176!!!! remaped which mine is!!! who knows!!!!

I concur.

I put my boggo standard E60 545i auto on the rollers.  I was told I didn't need to do anything to it.  Kept wanting to change up, so the readings were well off, despite having been assured that it being an auto wasn't a problem.

I got 286bhp which is lower over stock (333bhp) but apparently she made 450 lbft against a book value of 333 lbft.  Go figure.  My E60 fired off all sorts of ABS/DTC warnings as the rears were doing 115mph and the fronts doing hee haw.  Also the rollers chewed up the rear tyres as I was left picking bits of Dunlop off the rear wings.

So my question to you boys who have put their auto cars on rollers.

How did you get the car to stay in the same gear?  Do you have to tell its on a dyno via diagnostic port?

And the biggest question to all of you who have increased bhp and torque figure, how have you gone about protecting your autoboxes from imploding with the torque. Biggest auto ZF box in the E60 can only handle an input of 600 Nm of torque which is about 450 lbft.

On 10/7/2015 at 8:08 PM, Iddz said:

There is plenty of MPG/mileage treads thought I'd start one for power!

All 5 models welcome! 25's 30's or the scary 35's !

Start of with mine, nothing major but happy with 250bhp not sure about torque figures as haven't had it on rolling road but will be doing soon!

Your turn?

EDIT: This topic has got the attention of a lot of people, what do you guys say about meeting up and doing some drag racing @ Santa Pod this June to see who's really is the FASTEST?! 

http://www.bmwshow.co.uk/

I will update this with a list of people who are up for it so that we can arrange something if enough are up for it.  

Interested so far:

1. ME

2. bmw535dlad

Hello all who still going to santa pod tomorrow???

I will be there unfortunately don't have 5 series but a 330D e90... I recon it will be much fun... First timer and my car  has few upgrades...

Previous power 354hp and 789nm, after few mods and software updates my nbt system shows around 410hp and unknow torque.. so lets see what happen... :D

With the extra fuelling from the map, egr delete and dpf removed or gutted, perhaps the thread title should have been who has the dirtiest 5-series here... lol

Of course all these mapped diesels would simply disappear down the road from me very quickly indeed, leaving me gasping in their smokescreen :D