Iddz

Who has the fastest 5 here (BHP/TORQUE)

92 posts in this topic

Out of the runs i had at Austec dyno, Two two i have evidence of is

366.5bhp & 558lb/ft 756nm

362.7bhp & 562lb/ft  762nm

You have to have a stage 1 first before you can have a stage 2 so stage 1 is a air filter + custom map then you do a stage 2 which is air filter, exhaust + custom map where are you based mate? I recommend morebhp in Crewe as its all done live but it's up to you but the gearbox on these can only take 700nm or they don't last long yeah it's alright taking it to eco tune and achieving say 400bhp and 760nm torque but if the gearbox lasted 4 month I would be surprised mate don't quote me on them figures they just for example, Eco tunes dpf removal pipe Is a little pricey too at nearly £1000 lol I just cut mine open and did it myself for free and it will still pass an mot

You don't HAVE to have a stage 1 first

Sent from my iPhone

arcticfox likes this

Somewhere around 535bhp ;)

I spotted this

I think they're all ignoring my earlier post ;)

And then this so I had to go back to the above, then read other comments.....

BUT My 530D 289bhp and 556lb torques

post-38857-0-07828500-1453896437_thumb.j

On 08/10/2015 at 9:48 AM, bmw535dlad said:

Hi 535_d ,

First off I had a piper cross air filter in the standard air box then had a stage 1 map from morebhp in Crewe which was done live on the rolling road, mine is the 272bhp model so with just that it made 322bhp and 666nm torque but I thought that was a little low anyway I decided to cut the dpf open gut it and welded it back up then I was booked in for a stage 2 map but I wanted to see what difference gutting the dpf made and it was infact blocked and was holding power back even tho there was no signs of it blocked so the figure went from 322bhp to 349bhp just by gutting the dpf then I had a stage to map which made 362bhp and 725nm torque emoji106.png

Any gear box problems on pre lci so far with tc etc??

I haven't had any problems so far (touch wood) but I'm not always on full boost I treat her nice till I get to the motorway then open her up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastest car or most powerful car??

"fastest car" is open to interpretation

0-60?

top speed?

track?

you can make your OEM car faster than mapped car for the pod by taking out all the seats, carpets, shopping, having a poo, minimal fuel in tank, tyres etc etc

JJ

Edited by problemchild
Mo_1986 and merc convert like this

lol, funny how this post is going, yet, we all know as soon as an M5 owner say me, ever one looses, 

personally i have always liked the 5 series for comfort, there are better cars which are faster and have better power to weight ratio. iv seen 5 series with basic features to full spec, so im kind of failing to understand when did an family car become some thing to boost about how fast and how much you remapped it to.

now if this was an M5 only forum then the fastest car matters as there all have the same base line. are are beast's to play with. 

tej likes this

just had my humble 525 diesel auto in for tweak

mapped/dyno'd

egr/dpf deleted/blanked

decat

took standard bhp from 177 to 245 and I'm sure he said added an extra 130 lb torque??

its an eco map so didnt go too mad with horses but wow what a difference!!!

ive had the stage 2 remap with the dpf tacken out!!!!!

not sure on bhp was told should be 350 to 360!!!!

which to be fair I do believe because of the type of cars ive roasted or sat on the arse of!!!!

but I did the RWYB at santa pod in march which was a great day out!!!!

my best time was a 13.65 and 104.79 across the line !!!!

im hoping to be there for the bmw show but its my birthday that day and the wife has better ideas!!!!!

mmmmmmm

i still don't get having a remap without a dyno

1. to see the shape of the curve

2. so you know bhp of what you've bought

JJ

Mo_1986 and duncan-uk like this

fair comment u live and learn but to be honest I don't have any problems with the performance, more than happy with the results, but Im gonna look at further options for the bmw show in june at santa pod!!!!

Anyone on here had/ got hybrid turbos on a 535d on here? Any thoughts?

I wonder if there's any need for hybrid turbos. The car would be mental and probably a right handful. Not sure if the transmission would last long either.

If a 335d can reach 430bhp and last 200k miles I think a 535d should I last what you think? And just think how much of a animal it would be

JohnP likes this