Adam530d

Windows 10 Compatible ?

49 posts in this topic

I've just update my laptop to Win 10 and i haven't install the software/drivers yet.

Will the software/drivers work with Win 10 ?

Ah then I believe Jimmy will be the man to advise. On this. I haven't heard of anyone using the cables with Win 10, I think they are all holding back a while...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and baad speeling

Jimmy a response:

you can use on win 10 but the vmplayer will need updating as the one supplied wont run 10 (its free to download)

XP is preferred as software was built based around that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and baad speeling

Should have rebooted after installing bmwtools then after update,

try running update again, is that a fresh install of win 10 or update? update is causing a few issues at the moment,

but new install seems to be ok.

Fresh install of Win 10.

I will try re-installing it all again and reboot after installing bmwtools and then again after the update.

I've recently gone down the free update route to Windows 10 and now want to run DIS. So is there a recommended process to ensure the tools will still run? I understand from another member that the port settings may have dropped back to default settings so I can check that, and I can also update VMPlayer using Jimmy's link above. Anything else to watch for please?

Got a decent motorway run coming up and would like to try to force a regen if I can. 

Hi Jimmy - thanks for that.

The link in Post #10 takes you to a download for 64-bit versions of VMWare Player only - there's no link on that web page for a 32-bit version. A Google for 'VMWare Player for Windows 10 32-bit' threw up the link to the VMWare website, where it shows Workstation Player 12 (formerly known as Player Pro). This has a 'Try for free' option which implies that I'll need to part with some money at some point so I'm not keen on going down that route. Any clues please on where to go from here?

Thanks.

Thanks Jimmy - handy when you know what to search for (searching for 'VMWare player free' on their website gives you 4280 hits incidentally - hence my enquiry) :) .

Your link works fine - will try to hook up to the car asap. Might it be an idea to get rid of the link to the 64-bit version?

Why?

Surely if you using win 10 you will be using 64bit this problem was with update not Installation, so now there's a link to both.

It's to do with the hardware Jimmy. Most personal computers use 32-bit processors. I tried the 64-bit download in case it gave me an option for 32-bit - it doesn't, and installation fails with the appropriate error.

Sorry we're crossing lines

New Installation new PC,

I'm not revering to updates as that's were all the problems occur, you can use the win8.1 link for working win10 just not updated menu yet as there is still teething issues and I can do without "you said it works on win 10 but it dont" negative feedback

So not changing till 100% happy.

Just had a quick try at using DISV57. Got a couple of warnings but pressed on. Eventually got a 200.159 error which stopped me in my tracks. No more time to investigate at the moment. I'd turned the AV and firewall off before starting (even though the firewall is set to allow VMWare through) so was surprised to find that when I got the laptop back in the house the FW was back on. Will try to have another look at the settings - maybe tomorrow.

j2112 likes this

Just had a quick try at using DISV57. Got a couple of warnings but pressed on. Eventually got a 200.159 error which stopped me in my tracks. No more time to investigate at the moment. I'd turned the AV and firewall off before starting (even though the firewall is set to allow VMWare through) so was surprised to find that when I got the laptop back in the house the FW was back on. Will try to have another look at the settings - maybe tomorrow.

Same here! To be investigated tomorrow .........

Its not vmware you need to allow through its netman services,

the error is a simple comms error with setting on the pc, also check when running vmplayer check the network setting for vmplayer is set to host only and connected.

Edited by jimmy
pidgeonpost likes this