E28 Bert

Goodwood Breakfast Club - Sun Nov 1st

Declined...!

Emailed the Breakfast Club chaps this morning with a very polite email (a bit of a grovel I'll admit) asking for them to reconsider and why they should!

Just had a phone call from one of the guys there who was very pleasant, explaining that the criteria was a top speed of 155+ mph! I explained that mine couldn't quite make that but has nudged an indicated 140 mph on a German autobahn - a genuine 'Bahnstormer', I pointed out.  

Anyhow, dependant on applications, they will try to accommodate my car and will call me by the end of next week to confirm one way or the other.

Their party I know, but I did also politely highlight the fact that there are always one or two cars at the BC meets that clearly don't meet the requirements of the theme. 

Got an email yesterday - Very nice email from the BC team but not accepted, final decision.

I was however invited to park in one of the muddy fields nearby.....

Erm, no.

I'm out unfortunately - had a final email this morning explaining that due to the high application rate, there's no room for mine as it doesn't meet the criteria.  

Be interesting to see how many really can crack 155 mph. 

Be interesting to see how many really can crack 155 mph.

Is this really important?

It does sound a little like sour grapes from you about not being accepted to come along but it's quite clear what kind of cars they were inviting, wasn't it?

I wouldn't be remarking like you have been if the there ever is a '200mph+' Breakfast Club and my 180mph+ B12 wasn't accepted or an Audi 'RS' owners meeting and expecting to be applauded for turning up in an S4.

It is what it is, please don't spoil other people's expectations just because you don't have a specific car for the specific occasion.

No, it's not sour grapes at all and if it sounds like that then it wasn't my intention.

I've attended most BC meetings for the last three years, on two occasions in a car which qualified for the theme. However, there are usually a handful that clearly don't meet the requirements, so I was banking on a little slack if possible. As I said previously, mine would have been one of few that will have genuinely done some 'bahnstorming - it was worth a try! 

It was also the chance to add mine to the few E39s in the line up as well, purely from a social aspect and meeting a few other forum members.

Yes, I was pushing my luck with this one - it's just the way the mop flops.

Given the old bus a polish -

However i am not 100% that am able to go now - as will be out tonight .. So leaving 5.30 ish may well be unrealistic...

Only got accepted email yesterday too

post-36289-0-90889500-1446305780_thumb.j

Had a good morning,arrived about 7.45am. I thought it was all German cars but their were quite a few non German cars on display.

On the way home approx about half a mile from Goodwood heard a car thrashing off the roundabout and the next thing I see is a Clio 182 sliding across the road and bang into a tree and then jump up in the air and land in the middle of the road. Thankfully the lad was ok but the car had to be pushed to one side to allow traffic to get through. Car was totalled. Don't think it helped he was running R888's on a damp cold muddy road.

Quite enjoyed this and some fairly exotic machinery there; as noted on the other thread I forgot my camera but there were a few fives there; a V10 M5, a couple or few E39 M5's, an E34 M5 with purple flashes on the front black leather seats, a red E28 M5 and some interesting other BMW's and Alpina's, including some E30 M3's, and not one but two BMW 328's.

Lots of Pork including a £500k 918 Spyder, some Ferrari's including a beautifully pretty 308 QV, and some new Audi/Lamborghini's.

Two Lotus Carlton's, both lovely but one very minty indeed.

Edited by sharkfan