E28 Bert

Goodwood Breakfast Club - Sun Nov 1st

Hi All, I'm not sure how many of you have been to the breakfast club meets at Goodwood but thought this one that is coming up might be of some interest to some of you.

They are free to get into and if your car fits the theme for the meeting you can show your car on the circuit, although you need to register first. The rest of us have to park in the public car park which also usually has some quite nice cars in as well.

On Sunday 1st Novmber at Goodwood motor circuit the theme for the breakfast club meet is 'Bahn-Stormer Sunday'.

I'm sure there are a few of you with E28 & E34 M5's that could register for this.

See link below for details

https://grrc.goodwood.com/breakfast-club/2015-calendar#Hs9JtU5CYXXKmq7v.97

Bert, I've already applied for my track display pass.

Taken literally, mine will be one of a small percentage of cars there that will have genuinely 'stormed some 'bahns' in Germany, so on that basis I hope I'm accepted.

Today's V Power Sunday was excellent, probably the best event in the BC calendar.

Hope to see a few members there.

Had an admittance for the display re my Alpina B10 V8 but unfortunately was quite poorly and unable to make the short drive - think this was one of the last ones for this year.

generally we go to most as it pleasant morning out, egg and bacon rolls plus coffee adds to the flavour and there are some fine cars displayed.

I might see if I can get an early morning pass out for this now I'm down South; I wonder if either of my old Alpina's would qualify as Bahn-Stormers?

You bet they will Sharkfan......

The 'criteria' for Bahn Stormers Sunday is a bit open to interpretation. Considering the fact that the line ups always contain some cars that plainly don't meet the subject theme (including today), I see no reason why any of our BMs should be refused entry.

But apply on line as soon as you can - done mine already.

Edited by Loadmaster

It was pretty busy up there yesterday as it was a nice day.

All you guys with Alpina's should get in easily, I might even try to get mine in, although it's not really a bahn stormer!

Tried half a dozen times to Register but unable to so that's me out.

By registering it gives you access to park within or on the circuit, there's nothing to stop you turning up and parking in the car parks surrounding the tracks, to be honest there are a awful lot of nice cars in the car park as well.

Tried half a dozen times to Register but unable to so that's me out.

What's the problem that you're having Sharkfan?

My status is pending for the Bahnstormer meet. Accepted for the V power but couldn't make it in the end.

Simon.

Mine is pending too.

I'm going to call them this week (01243 755055) to see how long the process takes before they give a 'yay' or 'nay'.   

I eventually managed to register but their automatic car look-up has left my B12 as a '1997 BMW' only and my E34 B10 has gone from a fairly rare Touring to an incredibly rare and improbable B10 Convertible.

Yep, that's how it was with BC meetings - very different now.

When I applied last week for BahnStormers it was the first time that their system had shown me what car I have after entering my registration.

I may be wrong but you get the feeling that they are being selective about what they will let in, even at that early stage.  

I just called the Goodwood ticket office (01243 755 055) to enquire about our on-line Breakfast Club applications for 'Bahn Stormers' on 1st November.

Entrance passes can be issued as late as five days before the event, so we need to hang on a little longer. However, I was assured that all applicants, successful or not, will receive a response.