F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

I had plain black ash in my E60 which worked well.

Some of the wood trim colours that BMW use resemble cat puke IMO. And have got to put off future buyers. 

Hi Guys,

I'm in Ireland and currently looking for an F11 LCI model. Im finding it hard to find one with as many option as possible for the right money and also just as worried about buying a clocked one. They seem to be regularly clocked here ijn Ireland.

If anyone had any ideas or knew of a decent one being sold id be grateful for a heads up!

Been on here a few months researching all the possible issues I might have, so o different to the E46 M3 I just sold after owning 8 years, but at least the floor wont eventually fall out (hopefully).

Have to say some of the pictures in this thread are really teasing me!

41 minutes ago, GEO147 said:

but at least the floor wont eventually fall out (hopefully).

No, but the floor might get wet!

Isn't the equivalent of VED "Road tax" not really high in Ireland for anything with a bit of poke?

2 hours ago, E39touring said:

Mine is black ash, looks pretty nice to my eyes.  Not sure just plain black will look good?

Got the black ash trim in the wifes F30 and its looks tidy there.

I just got this one with coz it had all the options I wanted but I'm not a fan of the trim with the cinnemon brown leather.

Too much brown going on. I've seen other F10's with this colour leather and gloss black trim and they look decent.

20180311_115927.jpg

30 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

That's a bit marmite. 

To be fair this doesn't do it justice. Looks a lot nicer in the flesh. Or in the dark. Lol

The leather is lush but never liked fake woods so they getting wrapped

I bit the bullet and installed a 10.25" Android navigation system in my F10. I had the 6.5"  non-nav version, ordered last Friday, delivered from Hong Kong by Monday and installed in about two hours. It took me longer to find room for the cables and route them in the dashboard. So far so good, the screen is very sharp,  Google Maps works, Waze, Sygic, Spotify,  Deezer, Google Play etc. It plays videos of your usb or Sd card, has Bluetooth, wifi etc. Very cool stuff, I am more than pleased as I was thinking to  buy an NBT off Ebay  and see if I can install it.  For less than £400 (with customs fee paid) I got an Android satnav! I attached some photos if you have any question, shoot...

IMG_20180326_175344.jpg

IMG_20180326_194343.jpg

IMG_20180326_214130.jpg

IMG_20180326_214135.jpg

IMG_20180327_124225.jpg

IMG_20180327_124234.jpg

IMG_20180327_124932.jpg

IMG_20180327_164749.jpg

3 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

No, but the floor might get wet!

Isn't the equivalent of VED "Road tax" not really high in Ireland for anything with a bit of poke?

Yeah its called VRT (Vehicle Registration Tax) and for a 2013 F11 its about €3,200

22 minutes ago, GEO147 said:

SO if I plug in it will show real mileage? In a digital odometer is the odo not showing a similar value as it stored in the cars brain?

That's my understanding, I will try to see what it does for you if I get a minute tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Alexhad said:

I bit the bullet and installed a 10.25" Android navigation system in my F10. I had the 6.5"  non-nav version, ordered last Friday, delivered from Hong Kong by Monday and installed in about two hours. It took me longer to find room for the cables and route them in the dashboard. So far so good, the screen is very sharp,  Google Maps works, Waze, Sygic, Spotify,  Deezer, Google Play etc. It plays videos of your usb or Sd card, has Bluetooth, wifi etc. Very cool stuff, I am more than pleased as I was thinking to  buy an NBT off Ebay  and see if I can install it.  For less than £400 (with customs fee paid) I got an Android satnav! I attached some photos if you have any question, shoot...

IMG_20180326_175344.jpg

Looks very good, my only reservations would be the longevity of something like this, but yes, far better than what you had.

Also impressed with the QC sticker dated just a couple of weeks before they posted it, they don't like to stockpile.

You just need to remove the screen protector now...

Edited by sshooie

33 minutes ago, nashdm2 said:

Alexhad, that looks quite reasonable. After your words I was expecting something different, but, it looks almost integrated. Well done. Where did you purchase it from please?

It is fully integrated as it still has the original idrive menu and you retain all the original features of the car and design wise it looks like the oem one. You still control the screen with the idrive wheel, although at the deeper level in android you have to use the touchscreen.  I purchased it from avinusa as they have a reasonable support and do regular software updates, if you want to buy ask for a discount and you are more than likely to get something. I will post some more photos and perhaps a video to show all the features.

6 minutes ago, sshooie said:

Looks very good, my only reservations would be the longevity of something like this, but yes, far better than what you had.

Also impressed with the QC sticker dated just a couple of weeks before they posted it, they don't like to stockpile.

You just need to remove the screen protector now...

:) i didn't noticed that, yes, anything is better than what I had tbh. It has a warranty and avinusa have a great record in replacing faulty units (belive me, I don't part with my hard earned cash very easily). 

Mine is the Amaro Brown with Piano black finish.    It also has the same colour alcantara roof lining which finishes it off nicely for me.

Each to their own of course but I like it.

20161029_105212.jpg

1 hour ago, Enzo said:

Mine is the Amaro Brown with Piano black finish.    It also has the same colour alcantara roof lining which finishes it off nicely for me.

That's pretty much what I had in mind. I think it looks great. Definitely better than the fake wood.

3 hours ago, Enzo said:

20161029_105212.jpg

That is lovely!  I actively searched for a cinnamon interior when I was buying mine, but unfortunately only found an F10 with the spec I wanted with cinnamon leather, so had to settle for black interior on my F11.

12 hours ago, Dogshark said:

Going for gloss black I reckon so should end up looking like this.

DSC_0037b_sm.jpg

That's really nice! I love that brown leather but the wood in the other picture does not provide the right contrast.