F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

9 hours ago, Jclivingston said:

Yep - from Imperial

i’m blown away by how much of a step up the F10 is from the E61

That's quite a high spec one too from memory, great car.

Out of interest how did you find them to deal with? I still have a couple bookmarked on the trader with them.

9 hours ago, Jclivingston said:

Yep - from Imperial

i’m blown away by how much of a step up the F10 is from the E61

It is a big step up. MY E61 was a manual but all the goodies on my ex dem F11 was a huge bonus.

On 3/2/2018 at 8:02 PM, 535i Andrew said:

I didn't do anything to mine today.

DSCN3779.jpg

It wasn't going anywhere.

DSCN3780_if.jpg

Snow as beginning to melt on the side of it.

DSCN3782.jpg

There is a wheel in there somewhere.

Hi

out of interest do you clear the snow or just let it melt

i imagine if it melts quickly it will overwhelm the drains and flood the car, 

just curious as as I don’t really live in a snowy part of the uk and that’s crazy amounts of snow to me.

8 hours ago, Paulnorthwest said:

Hi

out of interest do you clear the snow or just let it melt

i imagine if it melts quickly it will overwhelm the drains and flood the car, 

just curious as as I don’t really live in a snowy part of the uk and that’s crazy amounts of snow to me.

That snow fell over two days and nights. I cleared it off the car on the Saturday I think. As I haven't yet got round to inspecting my yellow grommet which was suggested by someone on here to do with all that snow it is on my mind not to expose the car to too much water in that area, but it's not like you can tell the big man upstairs to make it stop raining.

The problem I had after clearing the driveway was where to put all the snow there was that much of it!

But yes I've not seen it that deep where I live at my low altitude. 

Thought about putting the summer tyres back on.

Drove to the shops in the nice bright spring sunshine and noticed how manky the light grey interior trim is and realised that Renfrewshire Council roads aren't 19" rim friendly yet so didn't put the summers on and went and did work in the garden as it wasn't a. snowing or b. raining.

Fitted silicon wiper blades as the old ones were on their way out. Can't really comment on how much better they are as any new wiper blades would be an improvement but the silicon ones are supposed to be more durable and more resilience to colder weather. I will need to re-coat the windscreen soon too as itd no longer beading.

Just gave it the full paint works... cleaned, clayed, cleaned, resin Polish,  two coats of wax. Carbon black looks awesome at this exact moment but only lasts until it goes outside.

Oh and might have got clocked at "back to the future" speed on the motorway on saturday. Bit annoying as I was being tailgated so I booted it ahead as I moved over just to make a point.  I'd been very good all day. It was literally seconds I was at that speed. Ah well. About time my virgin license popped it's cherry I guess. 

Edited by bmwmike

That reminds me... North Yorkshire police have kindly invited me to use a day's leave to attend a course this Thursday, having been clocked on the A1. 

41 minutes ago, Caesar said:

That reminds me... North Yorkshire police have kindly invited me to use a day's leave to attend a course this Thursday, having been clocked on the A1. 

What speed were you doing ? Do tell... :)

I also received an invitation from North Yorkshire Police to send them a cheque for £100 and to include my license, although not sure why they want it because points are no longer recorded in the license!.

This was a roadside van on the A64 near York!

3 hours ago, bmwmike said:

Oh and might have got clocked at "back to the future" speed on the motorway on saturday. Bit annoying as I was being tailgated so I booted it ahead as I moved over just to make a point.  I'd been very good all day. It was literally seconds I was at that speed. Ah well. About time my virgin license popped it's cherry I guess. 

2 hours ago, Caesar said:

16 minutes ago, stchris356 said:

I also received an invitation from North Yorkshire Police to send them a cheque for £100 and to include my license, although not sure why they want it because points are no longer recorded in the license!.

You guys... That is what the LIM button is for! LIM = License In-Tact - ok not quite there but you get the idea.

7 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

You guys... That is what the LIM button is for! LIM = License In-Tact - ok not quite there but you get the idea.

I use the LIM most of the time set to whatever the speed limit is plus 2mph. I got used to it as all our works cars are limited to 72mph,

Agree re tailgaters but I found after talking about being tailgated on here quite helpful. It's their problem no yours and just try and keep your head. 

I don't want to loose my license cheery after 22 years thanks very much.:P Oh god has it been that long.

Normally to be found when you bump the steering wheel while doing a tight turn and then worry when your car only does 12mph.  My dad did this in his F10 and others on here have complained when their car was going really slow and had a green light lit int he dash that they hadn't seen before.

Call me Limp but I use it all the time :rolleyes:. Knowing I'm not going to exceed the set speed (easily) makes for safer driving I think as I don't have to constantly check the speedo. Virgin clean license here and happy to keep it that way.  

I rarely if ever use the LIM, preferring to set the CC, I suppose when I get older I may need it to stop me forgetting not to press the pedal...

1 minute ago, sshooie said:

I rarely if ever use the LIM, preferring to set the CC, I suppose when I get older I may need it to stop me forgetting not to press the pedal...

I find CC to be a pain on UK roads as there is always so much traffic that you're forever switching it off and then back on. Now, on the French peage that is a different thing and where CC comes into its own.

I used the LIM quite a lot during the roadworks on the M3 when they had the 50mph average speed limit for precisely the reasons Matthew states. Constantly having to adjust the (standard) CC was a great workout for my left thumb but not much else but just resting my foot knowing that I wouldn't go over ~55 was better than the alternative.

20 minutes ago, sshooie said:

Yes, I'd love the adaptive type the Mrs has on her Golf.

As it happens, I find I'm using CC more and more these days but would definitely prefer it if it was adaptive, too.

19 minutes ago, jannism said:

I used the LIM quite a lot during the roadworks on the M3 when they had the 50mph average speed limit for precisely the reasons Matthew states. Constantly having to adjust the (standard) CC was a great workout for my left thumb but not much else but just resting my foot knowing that I wouldn't go over ~55 was better than the alternative.

As it happens, I find I'm using CC more and more these days but would definitely prefer it if it was adaptive, too.

Conversely, I'm the other way - I don't really use CC at all these days. Traffic is generally too heavy and you are constantly having to adjust. I had ACC on my Superb and it was very good, I would spec again if available.

Limiter on the other hand is great in roadworks as you say.

Not today but over the last weekend.....

Coded:-

Power mirrors to close/open with keyfob lock/unlock

DVD in motion activation

Digital Speedo

Headlight wash frequency

Number of wipes after using jets

Auto Stop/Start default off

Show sports displays in vehicle info

and a few other bits n bobs to do with comfort settings and lights can't remember exactly

Updated maps from 2013 to 2018-1

Binned the dealership branded number plates and fitted clean standard plates without branding. (Hate when dealers stick branded plates on).

Planned for future:-

Vinyl wrap of interior trim. Don't like the fake wood trim so going gloss black.

Swap driver roof handle for sunglasses holder.

And that'll do for me. Loving this F10.

34 minutes ago, Dogshark said:

Planned for future:-

Vinyl wrap of interior trim. Don't like the fake wood trim so going gloss black.

Mine is black ash, looks pretty nice to my eyes.  Not sure just plain black will look good?

20161016_062745.thumb.jpg.df90f19087c852e0a2dc70654e37962c.jpg