F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

4 minutes ago, bmwmike said:

My rear vents are broken too. Did you buy new ones or used? I got a price from cotswold a while back but never got round to ordering. I think they were cheaper than I expected iirc.

Do they just pull out?

Got a pic of what you did to the console ?  I find it a bit small and have that snap in thing which is useless as far as I can tell. 

I got a complete secondhand console off e-bay for £45 just for the rear vents and as it happened it was a non phone prep one so I swapped the bins out.

When you unplug the large connector for the adapter there are only two pins in it, a live and earth for the adapter to charge the phone, bought one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DDC-12V-To-5V-Converter-Module-3A-15W-Micro-USB-For-Mobile-Phone-Charger/292442752734?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

and run the lead through one of the holes under the base mat in the bin.

As for the rear vents, no tools are requied to replace them, the whole unit just pulls off the end of the console.

I'll try and get some pictutres together later this week.

New MOT this morning with an advisory for a rear tyre which I knew about but had no time to change. The headlight pattern was superb with the LED's which are a huge improvement over the old halogens. No glare and a perfect cut off.

Was having a good poke around underneath the car. Tester seemed suspicious that the rear shocks which shat-on-her were supposed to have changed last year looked a bit tatty with surface rust but new stickers. Who knows, wouldn't put anything past those chancers.

Next step cancel the mondial warranty and not go near a BMW dealer again except for test drives and freebies.

ETA picked up a set of new plugs for bargin price of 6 quid each and a flexible socket so will change the plugs for the fun of it. 50k so seems rude not to.

Edited by bmwmike

6 hours ago, bmwmike said:

BMW dealer ......and freebies.

Now that is words I would not expect to see in the same sentence.

So hands up who has had a freebie from a dealer?

I've had change from £1.00 but nothing free from a dealer!

46 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

During my first service, two screws were missing in the engine bay (nothing to do with them), they replaced them for free.

4 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

E46 boot floor.

F10 corrosion.. soon... hopefully. 

12 hours ago, bmwmike said:

E46 boot floor.

F10 corrosion.. soon... hopefully. 

They are both warranty. 

I'm meaning giving you something for free, you know out the goodness of their own heart and pocket, not a warranty companies pocket.:D

2 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

They are both warranty. 

I'm meaning giving you something for free, you know out the goodness of their own heart and pocket, not a warranty companies pocket.:D

Jeez  :D

OK then.. when I took my car in for warranty work I took the two kids who helped themselves to the cakes and had a coffee. 

On 2/15/2018 at 7:50 PM, 535i Andrew said:

Got 2 nice keyrings. Admittedly, had to buy a whole F11 to get them. They were boxed ...

Bit of a late report, but after the interim oil and filter change a couple of weeks back I asked@Mashed Potatoes to apply his magic touch to the 530d earlier this week and its now a fair bit faster... ;)

Waiting for warmer weather to get the rear 275 staggered setup back with Pilot Sports putting the power down to really make the most of it as I'm finding the Michelin cross climates very smooth but a tad squirmy under load. 

Edited by SuperDave

10 hours ago, SuperDave said:

a tad squirmy under load. 

Thats how I would describe my winters. But judging by the state of the B790 this morning, there is no way I'm going to risk putting my 19" rims back on anytime soon. The potholes on this road are lethal.