Jump to content
F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, bmwmike said:

 

Fingers crossed you get all injectors, coil packs done before your AUC runs out. Be good to know what index number your current injectors are if they whip them out.

Just spoke to the service desk to get an update, apparently the knock sensor is showing as faulty so they’re ordering overnight and will retest in the morning.

 

Will be interesting to see if that does the trick or whether the standard n53 

gremlins are present as well. 

 

Also just to recognise the great service as ever at Specialist Cars Stevenage - always get booked in quicker than my other local dealer and conveniently 10 mins walk (or a lift when I’m feeling lazy) from the station on my commuter line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought my first BMW, an E61, from Specialist Cars. I liked them but too far for me for servicing and stuff.

 

My F11 just passed its MOT with no advisories. I'm happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bartonbarton said:

Will be interesting to see if that does the trick or whether the standard n53 

gremlins are present as well. 

Always one to speak too soon... just on my way to pick up the car, apparently the injector and coilpack on cylinder 6 required replacing as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bartonbarton said:

Always one to speak too soon... just on my way to pick up the car, apparently the injector and coilpack on cylinder 6 required replacing as well.

 

What index number?

 

BMW used to recommend replacing all six. If the failed injector is less than index 11 I'd be pushing for all six.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bmwmike said:

 

What index number?

 

BMW used to recommend replacing all six. If the failed injector is less than index 11 I'd be pushing for all six.

I’ll definitely ask when I get to the garage, does the index indicate age/revision?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Bartonbarton said:

I’ll definitely ask when I get to the garage, does the index indicate age/revision?

 

Yes that's right. It's stamped on the injector so it's easy for them to see.

 

Index 11 are the latest and greatest and must not be mixed with index 9 or lower. Being an f10 I'm guessing yours are 9.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bmwmike said:

 

Yes that's right. It's stamped on the injector so it's easy for them to see.

 

Index 11 are the latest and greatest and must not be mixed with index 9 or lower. Being an f10 I'm guessing yours are 9.

 

 

I didn’t get to the bottom of this in the end as the service advisor seemed to have very little grip on the basics beyond reading off the screen in front of him.

 

I’d been kept waiting for quite a while and was running late to pick up Mrs B for a weekend away so decided to leave it.

 

Car definitely running better than before but will test over the weekend running round Norfolk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that sounds about right.. a clueless service advisor! Especially at BMW. Enjoy the weekend away.. ;)

 

Edit Jan 6th just started my car for the first time this year lol

Edited by bmwmike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleared the frost from my windows this morning. I noticed that the tinted windows had a thin ayer of frost and the untainted windows a thicker layer. 

I'm guessing that the darker windows absorb more heat so stay slightly warmer than the fully transparent ones. Am I on the right track? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Caesar said:

Cleared the frost from my windows this morning. I noticed that the tinted windows had a thin ayer of frost and the untainted windows a thicker layer. 

I'm guessing that the darker windows absorb more heat so stay slightly warmer than the fully transparent ones. Am I on the right track? 

 

Certainly sounds a plausible theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Caesar said:

Cleared the frost from my windows this morning. I noticed that the tinted windows had a thin ayer of frost and the untainted windows a thicker layer. 

I'm guessing that the darker windows absorb more heat so stay slightly warmer than the fully transparent ones. Am I on the right track? 

I'd say so, taking longer to cool and retaining more heat for the frost to take hold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to see another F10 M5 having spent the week deciding which would be the best investment of my time and most likely to buy. Waste of time. Min disc thickness is 22.4, these measured 22.45 therefore the dealer won't replace them. Back tyres on 3.2mm, again AUC standard is 3mm so they won't replace them. O and I've forgotten the most important part of my experience today, the sales person had clearly been out last night as even at 1pm, he absolutely stunk of booze, was clearly struggling and wasn't in my opinion fit to be at work (didn't see the point in complaining as his boss was clearly knew he had been on a night out but they where short staffed so i'm guessing that's why he wasn't sent home). Didn't discuss figures as the car barely meets AUC standards and wasn't the one for me. 

 

Might have to pause the F10 M5 plans and just buy another F10 for the time being :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Minus 9.5 deg C this morning, saw it rise to a tropical minus 9!

 

Atleast the door was frozen shut this time!

 

Heated seats & steering wheel a must :D. More importantly, keep that battery fully charged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read all 14 pages of the soggy carpet thread then went to check mine; thankfully dry. I've located the offending covered panel and the 4 x T30s.

 

I changed to a  low mileage, young car to avoid this sort of thing but it seems obvious now that I must remove the cover, clean and dremel/file in a drain. I will curse and cuss the whole time but probably not as much as if I have to argue with BMW about why the AUC warranty should cover it :o

 

It lives outside, partly under a tree so it's definitely a ticking time bomb. Even so, it's a job for a (much) warmer day ... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jake13 said:

 

Heated seats & steering wheel a must :D. More importantly, keep that battery fully charged.

 

For the first time in nearly two years of ownership the heated seat was at heat position 2 rather than just the single lowest setting.

 

I got a Ctek charger for Christmas, not used it yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Retset said:

Read all 14 pages of the soggy carpet thread then went to check mine; thankfully dry. I've located the offending covered panel and the 4 x T30s.

 

I changed to a  low mileage, young car to avoid this sort of thing but it seems obvious now that I must remove the cover, clean and dremel/file in a drain. I will curse and cuss the whole time but probably not as much as if I have to argue with BMW about why the AUC warranty should cover it :o

 

 

You certainly will curse!!!. If not for the sudden loss of skin on your fingers and hands, it will be getting the cover back on and trying to line it up with the various slots, hozes and screws!!! Good luck. Have a really good feel around where the top of the cover slots into the rubber seal around the two heating pipes. It will feel wrong if it is wrong.

Edited by nashdm2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just dropped mine off for its MOT.

 

Normally I would now spend all day stressing that my car is in for an MOT while endlessly refreshing the MOT history page on the .gov website.

 

BUT, the very smiley customer advisor pointed out that as my car is still under the 5 year 60,000 mile service inclusive pack, just, this includes a 24 month MOT protection which starts the day the car is 3 years old, so if it fails on anything today from a bulb to a coil spring, I'm covered. 

 

I didnt know about about the two year MOT protection being part of the service pack. Brucey Bonus.

 

And also local dealer is having a special deal on MOTs in Jan for a price of £34 instead of £54! Double Brucey Bonus!

 

To the original owner, I thank you again for spending your money on something I'm benefitting from!

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 535i Andrew said:

Normally I would now spend all day stressing that my car is in for an MOT while endlessly refreshing the MOT history page on the .gov website.

 

Well  according to .gov it failed then immediately passed.

 

It failed on both headlights aim being too high.

 

The tech must have failed it then adjusted it and passed it.

 

The headlight aim is automatically self adjusted on cars with adaptive Xenons isn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

 

Well  according to .gov it failed then immediately passed.

 

It failed on both headlights aim being too high.

 

The tech must have failed it then adjusted it and passed it.

 

The headlight aim is automatically self adjusted on cars with adaptive Xenons isn't?

 

It sure is. So I wonder what the tech did, fiddle with a setting in ISTA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Matthew.

 

I was on the other phone when the dealer called me.  The voicemail just said it was ready for colelction and no mention of anything else.

 

I will ask how they adjusted the headlight aim.

 

I might also ask them how they tested my towbar too and watch them squirm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×