F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

Just did a run from Barnsley to Bristol and back, averaged 50 going down on Monday and 47 coming back up today due to the detour i had to do via Brum, as usual, it performed faultlessly and is a real pleasure to drive. 

I did a long motorway trip and didn't play with the HK Audio settings!

Had the car 4 months and finally think I've managed to break the habit! I have zero treble and bass, hardly any fade, Logic 7 on and then equaliser starts at mid way on the top and progressively adds a bit as it goes down towards the high frequencies.

Go on, tell me it's all wrong so I have to start fiddling all over again :o Actually, please don't ...

12 hours ago, sanjx said:

26.3mpg? @535i Andrew

Mines on 38mpg as an average I think.

Lol yeah, back to short journeys and letting it idle in the driveway to thaw out. Still its about 4 mpg better than the E60 would manage on similar at same time of year. Filled up yesterday and with more short journeys it's about 22.something this morning.;)

Drove it to the dealer this morning.

Purchased 5L of BMW screenwash, £18, neat its good down to -63!  Should be ok given recent weather.

Handed the keys over to a very smiley service advisor, who confirmed that my second brake fluid change is covered by the first owners purchased maintenance pack.

She confirmed that there would be a £0.00 bill.  :D

Edited by 535i Andrew

Dealer, just off phone,

"One advisory Sir..... Your key fob needs a new battery, the tech advises he struggled to open the car"

"Oh o.k. give us a new one then."

I've never had an issue, nor a warning on the dash, but it means the wife doesn't get stranded if it fails to open when she is out in it with the littl'un.  That's grief I could do without!

I'll change the one in the spare key which hasn't been used since Feb 2016 when I bought the car. CR2045 me thinks.

1 hour ago, 535i Andrew said:

Dealer, just off phone,

"One advisory Sir..... Your key fob needs a new battery, the tech advises he struggled to open the car"

"Oh o.k. give us a new one then."

I've never had an issue, nor a warning on the dash, but it means the wife doesn't get stranded if it fails to open when she is out in it with the littl'un.  That's grief I could do without!

I'll change the one in the spare key which hasn't been used since Feb 2016 when I bought the car. CR2045 me thinks.

CR2450 - I've just replaced the batteries in both of mine - £3.70 for 2 from eBay and 27 seconds each to replace:D. I change them every 2 - 3 years.

What are they going to charge you for the privilege? 

I have a spare Energizer on the shelf here, similar price to matthew.

If they have any courtesy about them it will be less than a fiver, free as it's the season of goodwill.

Alternatively the battery will be £9.99 and .25hrs to fit and test it...

1 hour ago, sshooie said:

I have a spare Energizer on the shelf here, similar price to matthew.

If they have any courtesy about them it will be less than a fiver, free as it's the season of goodwill.

Alternatively the battery will be £9.99 and .25hrs to fit and test it...

I also keep a spare battery in the car, just in case.

7 hours ago, rasg said:

Unless you have a different remote to me I don't understand why the "tech" didn’t just pull the key from the remote and unlock the car.

Too low tech maybe?

I think he probably tried to unlock it from 100m away and it didn't work.  

I never had an issue with it before but happy enough to have had it changed as it has been in there for atleast two years.

8 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

I think he probably tried to unlock it from 100m away and it didn't work.  

I never had an issue with it before but happy enough to have had it changed as it has been in there for atleast two years.

And the car tells you if it is unhappy with the level of charge available from the remote's battery. 

3 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

And the car tells you if it is unhappy with the level of charge available from the remote's battery. 

Exactly, but for a fiver, its sorted and I don't need to worry about it.

3 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Nope.

I got 4 tyre valve caps for £1.something.....

I got my metal ones for free from them...x2 sets. Copper Slip on the thread to get them off nicely.

On 14/12/2017 at 8:37 AM, 535i Andrew said:

Drove it to the dealer this morning.

Purchased 5L of BMW screenwash, £18, neat its good down to -63!  Should be ok given recent weather.

Handed the keys over to a very smiley service advisor, who confirmed that my second brake fluid change is covered by the first owners purchased maintenance pack.

She confirmed that there would be a £0.00 bill.  :D

I got a reminder mine needs topping up (not washed the car in about 4 weeks so it is filthy). Slight problem there was none in the garage, dealer did not have any 5 litre ones so just bought 5 1L's, did me a discount to the same price as a 5 litre version though :).

Had some fun yesterday. The company I work for finished for xmas yesterday and we all went off to a pub a few miles away and I volunteered to drive so off we went 5 up . Pulled into the car park which was facing down hill and hit a large patch of black ice and from then on we were just passengers as the car slipped down further into the car park and I could do nothing about it. My attention was soon drawn to a dry stone wall which was getting rather close and as luck would have it the car stopped 6 inches from it. Relieved or what, the lads helped me get the car back onto the main road and all was well. 

48 minutes ago, Markn47 said:

Had some fun yesterday. The company I work for finished for xmas yesterday and we all went off to a pub a few miles away and I volunteered to drive so off we went 5 up . Pulled into the car park which was facing down hill and hit a large patch of black ice and from then on we were just passengers as the car slipped down further into the car park and I could do nothing about it. My attention was soon drawn to a dry stone wall which was getting rather close and as luck would have it the car stopped 6 inches from it. Relieved or what, the lads helped me get the car back onto the main road and all was well. 

Oh my! Close call.

1 hour ago, Retset said:

You must have been bricking it Mark!

Is this BMW screenwash worth the asking? I have none in the garage so need to get some soon.

There are other threads here on the subject of BMW screenwash and a number of us here use it exclusively. After having to remove the washer fluid reservoir behind the offside wing to get to the pumps to remove the sludge from around the pump filters I'm not going to risk using anything but.

2 hours ago, Markn47 said:

5p - 10p moment...