F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

10 minutes ago, carrman said:

Or you could have the more common Bentley Continental?

They are too brash for me, sorry. The Phaeton is discrete and more exclusive which is what appeals to me.

Neither of them appeal, the bills the Phaeton can produce are huge, as for the Bentley simply no (even if I originally come from near where they are hammered together - used to always see them out on test runs from the factory down the A500).

Hmm...I do have a soft spot for Lexus though sorry! Lord knows what will replace the 6 in the future, and do not mention the 6GT to me (sorry GT owners). For now I am enjoying 640D ownership (minus my increasingly frustrating driver's window issue), if someone would like my 20" tyre bills please send me a PM though.

Edited by Ninja59

35 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

They are too brash for me, sorry. The Phaeton is discrete and more exclusive which is what appeals to me.

Joke (by the way) - Bentley would not be my choice either - unless you're a footballer?

I had a lift the airport once in the Limo service offered by Etihad in a Bentley Flying Spur. It felt like a VW!!!

Edited by carrman

16 minutes ago, carrman said:

Joke (by the way) - Bentley would not be my choice either - unless you're a footballer?

And there is the problem, it's a fantastic car no argument, but it's the image that goes with them and the need for the manufacturer to pander to their clients. Who are overpaid pre madonnas (footballers) or golfists who own their own business.

33 minutes ago, Ninja59 said:

Neither of them appeal, the bills the Phaeton can produce are huge,

Indeed, I looked at the Phaeton around 3-4 years ago and did some digging, things from memory were cam belts (engine out) glow plugs and a few other bits that would make your eyes water wit the cost. 

3 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

No I agree, it's a good habit imo. I always do that and have never had squeaky brakes after replacing pads and discs.

Well it hasn't completely cured the noise anyway. Strange one. Like when you let the brake off very slightly on a downhill and the car creeps forwards and makes that juddery creak sound... I get that when coming to a stop. Brakes otherwise silent. Hmmm

34 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

That noise can be from pad chatter on the cradle or suspension joints creaking

Hope it's not suspension joints.. it's only on 50k odd and already had new shocks and front lower wishbones!  Pretty sure it's brakes as I can induce it without unsettling the suspension. 

Battery not covered by warranty, boo.

Any interest in the car yet?

Right nothing happening, thinking about dropping a few grand to shift it... Does that feel about right??

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

Just had a quick look and I think your description and your photos need improving, if I were looking to spend c20k on a private car I'd want 20 photos including one of each wheel etc. I think the price point is OK and personally think lowering it too soon could be a negative imo. 

11 hours ago, sshooie said:

Just had a quick look and I think your description and your photos need improving, if I were looking to spend c20k on a private car I'd want 20 photos including one of each wheel etc.  

personally think lowering it too soon could be a negative imo. 

Agree, but, sorry, I think it's a wee bit high, yes it's a cracking motor with lots of toys. You have only just advertised it. Leave it to run for say two weeks and see if you get a bite, if not perhaps drop it a bit? 

Just had a quick look and I think your description and your photos need improving, if I were looking to spend c20k on a private car I'd want 20 photos including one of each wheel etc. I think the price point is OK and personally think lowering it too soon could be a negative imo. 

Agree but the cars need the wheels done, cleaned and de~kiddyfied....

The Volvo cannot come soon enough.

However perversely I don't want to sell it. But it probably the sensible thing to do.

Agree, but, sorry, I think it's a wee bit high, yes it's a cracking motor with lots of toys. You have only just advertised it. Leave it to run for say two weeks and see if you get a bite, if not perhaps drop it a bit? 

Dropped it as I think I was a bit high..... See what happens.

Used it for work, 46 miles and improved the average mpg from 25.4 to 29.1.  

IMG_3292.jpg

But hey atleast I'm not giving the world cancer and just warming the place up a bit which at 2.5 deg it chuffin' needs, along with a set of winter tyres!

Used it for work, 46 miles and improved the average mpg from 25.4 to 29.1.  

IMG_3292.jpg&key=0321ec34eaec7eba20de2e0148932c6856aa598237a3ec18c072eeeed2bf8f39

But hey atleast I'm not giving the world cancer and just warming the place up a bit which at 2.5 deg it chuffin' needs, along with a set of winter tyres!

Wondered what that immobile object was in the loser lane.......

2 hours ago, pidgeonpost said:

2.5C??!! emoji33.png 12.5C here in sunny Devon! emoji6.png

Yup, my fridge is warmer!  That was taken at a place called Drumclog off the A71 in the absolute @rse end of nowhere!  There was near enough a frost on the grass.  When I was only a few miles away from where the picture was taken from I heard to car bong a warning and panicked cos that noise usually mean s something is broken, couldn't believe it was to warn me that the temp was 3 deg C!

12 minutes ago, pidgeonpost said:

The world's first 535i running on biomass! Does it smoke much? emoji6.png

I could certainly tell I had a load in the boot!  I took the twisty roads home after getting stuck in traffic in Kilmarnock (probably cows on the road) and I could feel the back end swinging just a bit more than normal.  The boot liner did its trick again.  Took it out to shake it and the muck just dropped off it.