F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

12 hours ago, jannism said:

Winter is coming...

Aye it sure is where I am, leaves are falling as I type. Someone really needs to tell the big man upstairs that we are still waiting for summer to arrive this year!

7 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Aye it sure is where I am, leaves are falling as I type. Someone really needs to tell the big man upstairs that we are still waiting for summer to arrive this year!

Typical. The day after I write that and it’s warmth and sunshine in Somerset. 

Today I drove round Arran in Eco model (two sick kids in the back asleep) and gained an extra 6.4 miles.... Might need to try this out when I start using it to commute to Edinburgh.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, sshooie said:

Dropped the lad off @ uni for his first year, 3 adults and a shitload of stuff and driving like Miss Daisy I got this on the way there (A1)...

Showing 51.8 when I got back, not sure why the increase as I#ve never had it that high before.

How do you manage that! The most I've ever seen on a decent run with just me and no luggage was 46mpg. With 4 up and luggage I never see more than 42. How Miss Daisyish were you actually driving? 

Edited by Matthew Ashton

10 hours ago, Caesar said:

That's strange... We were 4 up and the boot crammed, on the A1 to uni and managed 33mpg! And I was going downhill from up north! 

I understand that language!

10 hours ago, Lennox said:

Today I drove round Arran in Eco model (two sick kids in the back asleep) and gained an extra 6.4 miles.... Might need to try this out when I start using it to commute to Edinburgh.

It was suggested on here that you should use eco mode when in stop start traffic such as between Glasgow and Edinburgh on your commute but when I did this I found it to be very painful. The car in front moves, yours then restarts, car in front is now a cars length in front, you press the accelerator the amount you would normally, nothing happens cos it's in Eco mode, car in front is now two car lengths in front. You press the accelerator more and finally it begins to move at a snails pace withs it's leg iron eco mode....only to find someone has now nipped in the space between you and the car in front.

My advice is don't commute on the road between Glasgow and Edinburgh, is a ball breaker and the new road has done fork all for the traffic as the worst jams were east of Junction 5!

Ok not today but on Friday drove it to Ardrossan to catch the ferry to Arran.... Becoming a 2nd home. Staying beside Auchrannie.

Probably for the last time!! XC90 will pick up from here.... Get it in about 4 weeks. 77752fe6c207ae93ffdc1fd6bd022a1b.jpg

12 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

How do you manage that! The most I've ever seen on a decent run with just me and no luggage was 46mpg. With 4 up and luggage I never see more than 42. How Miss Daisyish were you actually driving? 

Never seen it before myself either, I'd love to say it is because I had it de coked a few months ago but my 'around town' average is still 33mpg

Gave mine a wash and coat of FK1000p as it's been 6 months or so since the last and I won't have time do a winter prep for a few weeks yet. Noticed alot more tar than usual this week though which needed removal. Unsure why...

Eh what's wrong with this F11???

Oh yeah it's a G30......

So you tell a dealer, the "suspension air bags gone" so they spend a fortune on something else.

It's still gubbed.....

Are they muppets or just maximising warranty work?? 34ecbe2d1fc4e1af35d143beb7885425.jpg7453898a3db6be39f75519e623178a40.jpg