F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

52 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

I never knew. Must try it next time the car's wired up. 

Yeah it's under read values under engine or DME iirc. I find the Rheingold layout confusing compared to INPA.  

The graphics on idrive must only do quarter increments as it was flicking between red (below minimum add oil now!) And green quarter level, and the car was on a slop facing downhill.  I added approx 250ml and it later (when fully up to temp) shows 3/4 full. Go figure. I didn't want to start the car with it showing below minimum incase it records that somewhere.  I suspect it was fine though. 

Tldr - Wish idrive was more than 1/4 resolution accuracy.

Buy OEM or a any decent make of bulb, Phillips, Bosch, Lucas etc. Stay clear of own brand crap as they blow quickly and can give bulb failure warnings even though they still work going from my E39 experience.

Ta. Got a mind of its own; decided to start working again

Finally got round to using some Sonax 1837551 500ml Colour Polish and Wax on the annoying stone chips that came with the car. 

It's a lazy way to hide the stone chips i know with wax pen,  but i didn't fancy trying a steady hand with a small container of carbon black paint and a tiny brush. 

Not bad results for the time being until i either bite the bullet and and use the Bmw touch up pen or get a respray at the front.

31 minutes ago, roundy said:

Finally got round to using some Sonax 1837551 500ml Colour Polish and Wax on the annoying stone chips that came with the car. 

It's a lazy way to hide the stone chips i know with wax pen,  but i didn't fancy trying a steady hand with a small container of carbon black paint and a tiny brush. 

Not bad results for the time being until i either bite the bullet and and use the Bmw touch up pen or get a respray at the front.

I bought the Sonax Blue for my wife's Imperial Blue F45 and it works very well, I was impressed in how it masked the multitude of tiny stone "scratches" on the bonnet.

2 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Also got a text from the dealer that sold me it, asking if I was still happy with my 535.

Felt like texting back asking to let me know if they get in a 550i with a 3AC towbar.......yeah odds on that one.....

I knew you couldn't get over that V8 itch, it's been bugging you since you parted company with the E60.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/chiswick-car-dealer-jailed-five-13473624

Edited by jake13

9 hours ago, jake13 said:

I knew you couldn't get over that V8 itch, it's been bugging you since you parted company with the E60.

Like you wouldn't believe mate!:D

I can cope with the power being nearly the same, but it doesn't sound the same as the V8 on full chat.  The 6 pot was maxed out this morning, lovely note, but its not a V8.

As long as this ones autobox holds out..........

On 26 July 2017 at 9:38 PM, 535i Andrew said:

Good result. How does a mechanical thing like a clutch force the car into limp mode? 

Is there a sensor somewhere that detects a fault with the cutch?

Dont know.. Unless it was slipping and the ECU picked up the increase in RPM v's the wheels rotation speed?..  I'm not going to argue - the whole car feels loads better. Much less wobble now..

Not strictly today, but yesterday. Car had it's end of Warranty check and passed with flying colors. I wanted the updated maps for my Nav also, tried going down the lines of downloading from the web, but mine is the Route maps and I couldn't find them anywhere for free. The steeler wanted £129 to update, but I ended up buying the 2 years worth of updates from the Connected Driver store for £69.99, as seen on another thread. It took a while to download and unzip to a USB but all loaded and working now. :-)

Edited by Bobsterdanai

1 hour ago, Bobsterdanai said:

Not strictly today, but yesterday. Car had it's end of Warranty check and passed with flying colors. I wanted the updated maps for my Nav also, tried going down the lines of downloading from the web, but mine is the Route maps and I couldn't find them anywhere for free. The steeler wanted £129 to update, but I ended up buying the 2 years worth of updates from the Connected Driver store for £69.99, as seen on another thread. It took a while to download and unzip to a USB but all loaded and working now. :-)

Route maps on an F10/F11? We have them on our F45 but that has the Navigation Plus unit rather than Navigation Business or Navigation Pro. My F11 has HU_CIC so Premium maps.

edit:

Looking at your other posts you have a 64 plate 520d. Had no idea that "Route" maps had found their way to the F10

Edited by Matthew Ashton

Mine ticked past 50051 miles this morning and goes into BMW tomorrow for two rear shocks two front wishbones and a partridge in a I mean a KDS. In exchange I shall have a 118d for 2 days.

In other news I've seen it valued at 16.5k via cazana and AT, and WBAC at 13.5k. So I guess private is somewhere around 15k? 2012? Seems optimistic? Happy just always sceptical. 

1 hour ago, bmwmike said:

Mine ticked past 50051 miles this morning and goes into BMW tomorrow for two rear shocks two front wishbones and a partridge in a I mean a KDS. In exchange I shall have a 118d for 2 days.

In other news I've seen it valued at 16.5k via cazana and AT, and WBAC at 13.5k. So I guess private is somewhere around 15k? 2012? Seems optimistic? Happy just always sceptical. 

£15k for a 2012 doesn't sound too optimistic to me. What Car priced my 2010 Touring at £14k in May 2017

Edited by Matthew Ashton