F10530D

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

Changed my car into one of those funky SUVs.......without being able to drop the back seats!

e2c2878a-52a4-4ea9-8207-29fba91207ed.jpg

Went to Castleford for a snowboarding session. Not been for 2 years so was a bit apprehensive but it seems you never forget!

No today but Friday. Got oil service done despite the last one was 9k miles and 18 months  ago.

I bought the car from BMW UAC but got my own policy to do immiedaite oil service to every used car I buy.

By the way they washed and hoovered my car.

Bought the gear to make my own ambient lighting only to find my soldering iron is crap, so project it delayed untill new one is purchased.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Went to BMW today to drive a 520d m sport auto to see what the difference in drive was from my 520d efficient dynamics manual. Apart from slightly harder suspension was much the same. Looks much better. But mine is a better spec. Few more extras.

Fitted my dashcam today ,10 mins to run the cam power cable and 30 mins to fit piggyback fuse and power outlet to fuse box, easypeasy!

fbcb64d4e8edb4d319e82920fc5ad5ce.jpg

Edited by bluelights21

I must do this after buying the camera about 6 months ago. Is it wired into the cigarette lighter just? So it switched itself off when the ignition is off?

Fitted my dashcam today ,10 mins to run the cam power cable and 30 mins to fit piggyback fuse and power outlet to fuse box, easypeasy!

fbcb64d4e8edb4d319e82920fc5ad5ce.jpg

I bought mine 6 months ago too, but it's still in the box - I did make a start but couldn't reach the fuse box to install the piggyback and have up. I need a trained rat to send up behind the glove box to do it for me.

I bought mine 6 months ago too, but it's still in the box - I did make a start but couldn't reach the fuse box to install the piggyback and have up. I need a trained rat to send up behind the glove box to do it for me.

Ians100

Mount the camera where you want and run the cables back to the passenger side of the car, the cable fits under the panels quite easily. Remove the airbag switch cover at end of dash and drop end of power cable in. I then made up an earth lead and bolted it to one of the ready made holes behind the cover.

Remove the 2 screws holding the cover under the glove box at top of foot well. Remove screw that holds end of cover on tunnel.

Cover comes off with a bit of wiggling, then unplug footwell light.

Open glove box and gently prize hinge stops out so door drops right down.

Open fuse box door.

Fuse is number 54, with a light and an extra elbow, it is pretty easy to do it . Reverse for assembly. Boom! 1 dash cam installed.

Cheers, I'll have another go. Most of the pictures I've seen of the front fusebox show 54 at the bottom of the box, but on my car the FB is the other way up and 54 is right at the top :( I've just bought some extra long (400mm) long nose pliers to help get to it.

Cheers, I'll have another go. Most of the pictures I've seen of the front fusebox show 54 at the bottom of the box, but on my car the FB is the other way up and 54 is right at the top :( I've just bought some extra long (400mm) long nose pliers to help get to it.

Use the fuse removal tool found in the rear fuse box in rh side of boot, it's easier to use than pliers. Yes my front fuse box is upside down. Any problems pm me.

Gave it a real good thrash today... Put a huge grin on my face and triggered the traction control light a few times aswell! Great car!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I must do this after buying the camera about 6 months ago. Is it wired into the cigarette lighter just? So it switched itself off when the ignition is off?

I let my 2 cams go with the last car so I've just bought a Transcend 220 to try from mymemory. Looked new (and should have been, not graded) and the SD card in shows someone in an A3 setting the bugger up lol!

Couple of e-mails to MM to see what they are going to do as the adhesive mount is also missing (probably in the A3)

Edited by sshooie

I let my 2 cams go with the last car so I've just bought a Transcend 220 to try from mymemory. Looked new (and should have been, not graded) and the SD card in shows someone in an A3 setting the bugger up lol!

Couple of e-mails to MM to see what they are going to do as the adhesive mount is also missing (probably in the A3)

Try these from amazon, PROtastic flat sticky Adhesive spare replacement 3m pads.

The camera is hard wired into fuse 54 with a piggyback fuse. The cig lighter goes off when the car shuts down.

Thanks for the info, I have a roll of black number plate stuff that's superb. I will get the to send a complete new unit so should have the adhesive one soon. Just a bit peeved it's been sent out after someone's returned it.

Today I have put new Valeo front wipers on, and replaced all the interior 501's for LED's.

eta, now done the vanity lights too.

Edited by sshooie