F10530D

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

926 posts in this topic

They are better locking wheel nuts and you get two keys. I prefer those, I have the wiggly worm ones also and I am just waiting for it to strip the worm off like it did on a previous car. When I use it, I have to put loads of pressure into the wheel to try and prevent this. I will search for a set of what you have just got Andrew. What is the RRP of them do you know? Thanks, Dave

Edited by nashdm2

Gave the car a good clean inside/out and then forgot to clean the inside of the windows..DOH!

Much needed as last clean was some 4000miles ago. Now to print a "do not wash" sign for when it gos for it's MOT next week.

Been thinking of replacing it but really struggling, the F10 just does everything so well!

3 hours ago, nashdm2 said:

I will search for a set of what you have just got Andrew. What is the RRP of them do you know? Thanks, Dave

Does the eBay link not work? It might not as it is linking to my order... £31.40 + £3.95 p&p.

Not fitted them yet, I'll wait till I fit my summers. Should have done that today, but I'm still building up coats of wheel wax on them...

Appears pretty reasonable I thought, but I was after that type and the spare locking key is a plus.

I just looked up on Realoem then googled the part number.

Washed it - first go on the snowfoam less than successful. Need more soap next time! Summer wheels on and sealed, now i found my Poorboys...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I did to my F10 was buff off a layer of Poorboys alloy wheel wax on my summers and regret that I never got a chance to fit them this weekend.

Considering an exhaust system for the car, any suggestions at all?

I plane to keep it looking stock twin, my local Powerflow dealer wanted £550, don't want it sounding too loud in the cabin as i still do 2 long journeys a week. 

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks.

The Ashton fleet was in need of some TLC...

Snow foam looks good while you are spraying it on but I'm not convinced it actually does anything of value. A good vacuum and wash (even cleaned the exhaust tail pipes with Autosol) and they are both looking nice and sparkly.

IMG_5416.JPG

IMG_5417.JPG

IMG_5418.JPG

IMG_5419.JPG

IMG_5420.JPG

Edited by Matthew Ashton
sshooie likes this

34 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

The Ashton fleet was in need of some TLC...Snow foam looks good while you are spraying it on but I'm not convinced it actually does anything of value. 

What make of snow foam are you using?  It looks a bit weak. Perhaps dial up the concentration a bit?  Although, by the time you have done two cars and taken a picture it will be disappearing....I find it quite effective at contactless washing.  To get the most out of it, I soak the dirt with a garden hose, then power wash it off, then apply the snow foam. It does work on the alloys quite well.

There appears to quite a fetish on here with cleaning tail pipes but that is for you boys with the chrome ones, I have the black ones which don't really stand out against the matt coloured M diffuser on the bumper.

Good example of the parking of the wipers for washing:D

The snowfoam is the Ultimate Finish one. The pictures are as you say, after spraying 2 cars and getting the phone out to take pictures so it has started to run off already. It goes on quite thickly with the dial almost on full. As for the wipers, I was too lazy to get them into the cleaning position on my wife's car but one of her's does clear the bonnet so I only need to lift the one short one to clean under it.

33 minutes ago, sshooie said:

I think snowfoam is a bit placebo tbf.

Possibly...but it's great fun. Deciding between Auto Express Bilt Hamber Surfex HD (which may remove wax/sealant) or their Auto Foam at the moment....

(I know, I know....get a life!)

1 hour ago, sshooie said:

It depends on your anal nutbag scale, mines at 11:blink:

7 minutes ago, 535iAR said:

It depends on your anal nutbag scale, mines at 11:blink:

Out of?

47 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Possibly...but it's great fun. Deciding between Auto Express Bilt Hamber Surfex HD (which may remove wax/sealant) or their Auto Foam at the moment....

(I know, I know....get a life!)

BH Autofoam is the one. Love it for when the car needs a proper clean. Use Autobrite Magifoam when I feel like just making a mess and seeing lots and lots of foam (where as BH AF is quite flat in comparison but alot tougher on the dirt)

5 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

The snowfoam is the Ultimate Finish one. The pictures are as you say, after spraying 2 cars and getting the phone out to take pictures so it has started to run off already. It goes on quite thickly with the dial almost on full. As for the wipers, I was too lazy to get them into the cleaning position on my wife's car but one of her's does clear the bonnet so I only need to lift the one short one to clean under it.

What lance are you using?

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

Out of?

10!:P

2 hours ago, sshooie said:

I agree but I got the 5l bottle free on promotion from Ultimate Finish so I'm going to use it! Won't go rushing to replace it though once empty :D

sshooie likes this

20 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

Not known for being any good I'm afraid. 

Edited by E39touring

2 hours ago, E39touring said:

Not known for being any good I'm afraid. 

Works perfectly for what I need it to do. Its a device for foaming the juice and applying the foam to the car and does a good job in my opinion. I'm sure there are better ones and worse ones out there.

Edited by Matthew Ashton

Tried the Polished Bliss hand pump lance which was absolute rubbish (despite being German!) - would only do a panel at a time even after vigorous pumping. Bought one  for my brother at the same time - both were u/s.

Replaced it with an Autobrite lance; does a great job and looks cool with brass fittings and red plastic bits...not sure where that places me on the anal nutbag scale but I'm glad I'm not alone...

Finally replaced my rears with Dunlop Sp Sportmaxx GTs. Turns out the loss of pressure was due to that shiny little fella peaking through...

IMG_4376.JPG

IMG_4379.JPG

535iAR likes this

Today was MOT day for the F10.  Passed with flying colours and a total of 2,456 miles between MOTs  That's tiny!

Apparently the car is 'like new' underneath.  Good to know.  Just need the A/C to get fixed now.