F10530D

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

791 posts in this topic

Nice, did you remove the calliper to do this?

No just brush painted in situ using black smoothrite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Applied a couple of costs of a Poor boys alloy wheel sealant after getting my front tyres fitted on to my 351 summer rims.

Installed my dashcam.

Wiring across top of windscreen, down the passenger side door rubber and in to the dashboard through the little panel that has the airbag keyswitch in it. Piggybacked on to the cig lighter fuse.

No wires to see apart from the last few cm that goes to the dashcam itself.

sshooie likes this

13 hours ago, sshooie said:

What cam did you go with and put some pics on.

It's just the Transcend 220 out of my E60.

Used a Nextbase wiring kit from Maplin this time rather than having it plugged in the cig lighter and a Transcend permanent mount from Amazon rather than the suction cup. Had to slightly modify the piggyback fuse as it wouldn't sit correctly in the fuse box.

sshooie likes this

10 hours ago, 535iAR said:

Changed my clock to BST. 

Was at work today and some of the boys were tasked with changing the clocks on all the work vehicles and some of them were really had and no intuitive to do.

On 3/26/2017 at 7:17 PM, shauney said:

Installed my dashcam.

Wiring across top of windscreen, down the passenger side door rubber and in to the dashboard through the little panel that has the airbag keyswitch in it. Piggybacked on to the cig lighter fuse.

No wires to see apart from the last few cm that goes to the dashcam itself.

Was it easy to remove the panel with the airbag switch? Looking to routing my cable is the same way. 

Do you need an adapter to piggyback the fuse?

20 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Was it easy to remove the panel with the airbag switch? Looking to routing my cable is the same way. 

Do you need an adapter to piggyback the fuse?

Yes - very. Fingers under the bottom of the panel and give it a gentle pull, working your way round it towards the front of the dash - it's just clipped in with about 4 or 5 clips.

The most difficult bit was getting the cable in the little gap at the top of the A pillar to go from the windscreen to the door rubber seal.

Piggyback came in the hard wire cable kit from Maplin and is pretty similar to the one in JDR's image. Amazon have the wiring kits cheaper but they have rotten feedback and look to have a reputation for frying the attached dashcam. When you take the airbag switch panel out there's a bit of metal framework behind there that's good to use for the wiring ground.

I'll try and get some pictures of the install tomorrow if there's interest.

Caesar likes this

1 hour ago, shauney said:

Yes - very. Fingers under the bottom of the panel and give it a gentle pull, working your way round it towards the front of the dash - it's just clipped in with about 4 or 5 clips.

The most difficult bit was getting the cable in the little gap at the top of the A pillar to go from the windscreen to the door rubber seal.

Piggyback came in the hard wire cable kit from Maplin and is pretty similar to the one in JDR's image. Amazon have the wiring kits cheaper but they have rotten feedback and look to have a reputation for frying the attached dashcam. When you take the airbag switch panel out there's a bit of metal framework behind there that's good to use for the wiring ground.

That's really helpful, thanks! I have a Joovuu camera. They can supply a hardwire kit for £10 but it doesn't have a piggyback so I'll have to get one of those separately. Is "miniblade" the right version?

2 hours ago, shauney said:

Yes please, reading with interest.