F10530D

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

AG Super Resin.

Looking at other thread, I'll try Meguairs along with some wax next time

Try Collinite 845 it's awesome!!!

I use extra fine grade wire wool, you can get a cone polisher and use some metal polish and a drill.

Edited by sshooie

Finally got ISTA-D to work on my laptop, a big thank you to @Matthew Ashton for all his help. I is not good on these computer thingies:blink: 

Had a quick look at how to change my front discs and pads and how to swap out the other rear spring, the lower  strut bolt is on RFT!

I use extra fine grade wire wool, you can get a cone polisher and use some metal polish and a drill.

I'm amazed at that video! How do people find time to spend doing this, and how long does the result last? Perhaps it's a classic or show car.

Each to their own I guess!

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Have a look over on Detailing world....

Noooo! Went there once to read up on polish and stuff but it's not a planet I plan to visit too often! Kitted myself out with a few decent products, and after a mere 2 days of unrelenting toil washing, drying, clay baring, and various other processes the car looked superb until the next rain (i.e. 3 days).

Joking apart, the couple of things I did buy worked well. Particularly pleased with how the Collinite wax has held up.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah on detailing world there was a guy who bought a brand new Astra Nurburgring who was planning a monster detail on it as soon as he got it home after spending half an hour with it on his own at the dealership to fully inspect it and would have considered rejecting the car if the paint thickness which he measured with a gadget was not in his opinion satisfactory.

It's a fecking Astra with far too much Bhp thru the wrong wheels of a dreadful chassis with go faster stripes.

If you want serious detailing anal nutbag stuff have a read of this....

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=81391

....and you thought I was joking!

I resprayed the double-slat grilles. The glass black looks great but that Vauxhall obsessive guy has scared me to the point that I'm just going to keep my car stock.

Plus it looks like it'll be too easy to scratch the paint when fitting them.

Edited by jannism

1 hour ago, jannism said:

that Vauxhall obsessive guy has scared me

Yeah it's the died blonde bits in his dark hair that scared me too.  Nuff said!

Astounding attention to detail and work, but hey, it's a fricking Astra.

" over 3 weeks to apply 51 layers 3 layers per day "

" The wax used today came from a £10,000 Daniel Swarovski Ltd Edition one made especially for Paul and elite customers of Pauls that would so wish to purchase one..... It has been commisioned by Swarovski and the box is a work of art...... "

I'm sure I've seen them cheaper in B&M..

91ab79d9.jpg

Edited by sshooie

Painted my front calipers. Was undecided if they should be silver or black. Tried black. Think they look pretty good. Main thing is they should be easier to keep clean with paint on them.

432af4d87d42af0bc8061a3a345c9967.jpg7cab6f05f15aad8a78d0665e9785f350.jpgf0213249c93c1ded40f3bc8254e3d1f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of painting calipers,  Red Brembo calipers yes.  Blue and yellow no way, but black actually works.  Good shout.

Where did you source the BMW pad retention spring from?

Yeah me too. Ok if they are Brembo or AP or something exotic.

The retention springs are standard, painted with a BMW vinyl calliper sticker on them (eBay). Quick coat of clear lacquer over the top of them to stop them peeling... I hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk