F10530D

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

1,179 posts in this topic

Yeah mine was exactly like that, I just positioned my camera right at the top, I don't mind seeing it above the rear view mirror when Im driving as its still up and out of the way, but I prefer it high as it means:

• The only cable you see it literally the micro USB plug coming out of the headlining straight into the GPS mount.
  • As its behind the darkened part of glass you can barely see it from the outside.
  • The higher you mount it the better vantage point you get from the recording I know its only a few inches but it makes a difference when showing how close something is to the front of your car.

So far still no radio interference and really impressed with the quality of the recording.

Where do the rules stand with garages and dash cams, my other halves 16 plate Mini was in getting a knocking noise checked when turning sharp left and they unplugged the dash cam, also didn't fix or even understand why the knocking was occurring and had me wondering if they unplugged it so I wouldn't know they did eff all with it.

With the number of camera's we are fitting to our BM'ers I propose a new section called.. "What I saw today.." for us to post some of the funny, heartstopping and idiocy we see on our roads as we drive. I got one yesterday, what I thought was a young bloke in a Metalic Red Toyota Auris who chose to go from the Outside lane of the M60 to the M56 link road junction with mere feet to spare, braking herd in the inside lane to push into a space causing those behind who were continuing on the M60 in the inside lane to brake or avoid.. Only when I overtook on the M56 link did I see it was a young woman... More evidence the fairer of our species are becoming more aggresive behind the wheel.. 

2 minutes ago, c00lh4nd said:

More evidence the fairer of our species are becoming more aggresive behind the wheel.. 

Normally to be found in a Mini or 1 Series....

Replaced the 12 volt socket fuse for the 3rd time!!

Cleaned the Comfort Seats with Gliptone G11 and once dry conditioned with Gliptone G12 - they look like new and into their 7th year.

Hi

Today I had my rear suspension sorted two new air bags fitted,air bags Aerosus £268.00 labour £60.00 result!

The chap who did the work likes working on my car because he says it's been built by someone who knows what they are doing! Is main work is rebuilding and restoring TVR sorts and classic cars.

And what a difference the to the suspension it's made so smooth it's like when the car was new!! Her lady ship said how smooth it was with out me prompting her , but no financial help was offered!

You can see in the photos there are like hair line splits and tares in the near side one but none in the offside,but pleased I replaced them both !

job done and quite reasonable compared to the stealers !

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

SJL, 535i Andrew, gbshahaq and 1 other like this

Seen as storm Doris was coming, decided it was a good day to have a client meeting in Buxton! Wind, hail, rain all in the mountains, lovely! The front end of the car now looks washed and the rest is filthy. Really impressed though with how the F10 handled the poor weather, it was quite planted even when others where being blown across the carriageway and took puddles in it's stride (although it did aquaplane on a few). 

Not planning to do that again in a hurry though!

sshooie likes this

I drove my F10 for the first time in slush/snow on the road with the winters on.  First time my winters have had to deal with anything other than rain.

No dramas but I was not driving beyond my limits or the conditions.

V glad i had the crossclimates on today. Seems more planted in the wet than the dry strangely.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Collected my rims from being powder coated.

Need to get two new front tyres and some replacement M badges for them now and we'll be good for summer if it ever comes!

1 hour ago, nashdm2 said:

Pictures please Andrew............

Lol, I was going to post up once I had got new M badges and centre caps for them.

Well I received my new M Badges and centre caps, I will photograph them when I get a chance......  The littl'un has the 'pox and is currently miserable so I'm looking after her while she watches Peppa Pig on endless repeat whilst mum is away on a course. Welcome to my life!

Think yourself lucky, my daughter watches endless episodes of Adventure Time which is also drummed into me at work.

Got some gloss black paint for the tricolour double slat grilles I bought last year. Not yet sure if I'll put them back on or just flog them on eBay. I'll post some pics when I'm done. 

10 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Daddy Pig at least has a sense of humour.

Yeah, I also have a tummy of pure muscle!

Checked the oil level via iDrive, all good since its change in October, still reading 15,000 miles to go till next change.

Swapped the airbag out...

From this

UZFfIKcJqzUq_afLlcGT_7gKmMW5tdgQ0xj-7Uk4crPttaYILyKD4SFvlUts51w3b7dOGFIAKEJQ6HHFplLrOPB77rULE_9xB4cML5k3Be51ygFQSwH0JjFQNW0BC17wI7_aLRXnQ1VTOVmlKTf0IQJ8No0vc79p89tj9NZerVMfdfkrzVSPdqKFPS3UpiwacF6JLRolEnzysJjZc_7zspVFyv_4fl6VHaVr010-k-Ato5dohFKYgpweTmfuK5VuRhQA0l9cDk5t9am9BcFbOwb3cUq-Byq_wV2LCavv0nMiO7UNrYuOAqoUSZ5SNCR5-nJloAFGWcu3iKPTC63PmkF30wy0quOmiUjSUnjA7F9Tspw2Zw9OxSt4ZaaXV5wQuyLKM6vWlK810EjJ8o_LkqOOYrv3-mNjA1k9-YXwQxkz0BYDa2bTbmRqmCZn3KTlD45NI4-gTp7Ta7gKiDxKe_lz1Jnk6XS5oEZpFHCHI5x_E3Ppa8qtUEYAKfrhSWBJ9vMUZGWIF1hDz7B6lqnZo23BOPpUtjdfMF-9cbtAINjqeqcORVes74KmnxX1l_Epby4m6dXo73wOwBJyiMIJCDuLRvvfCt1ZYtx0bmBB5VIc4_Kmmg=w1245-h934-no

to this

f2QHnpQf51B1Su-dlwAl7dIveuuuJa2rXY-EbZ_FRbp252-OiFNaBk3Ai6v3wljW-yTjOhJn0zMnme4PjK3J-yhx_YXRNZnLSXCOefMn1-kkQz90ToeT4cr58xIU5yJAOARYW9ifA3ECwHldgJrBhn2tVAcnJdQpOWgYMhE2RyA7kUsLWS_5UjFayC7jcFY_DBBT_uXfGU-pVXHFqYXg2nlFjMKiUQ8qKo0eHsZae37l2i1eQwLXIsSqtNc0QtcDfILvwMmPeyj6XknHstGqvliMtSTFi1q7orOrd430y6EzztxfRKDhq7G3Mm4QOIekokqlLQLPgALyy0Ie3Lkgn94HGquGerl-ReNF9RZvnhDRtze04KRJjmARrAzTU6o81mMdCRE6ue8m_dGNU8BktvAziErDAMa9BP1uIVFiLsCm3_YdZSAcK0nMCFuYXLQp9_Xu6EySvNXBL7Sw5TcOA4T8KsNu8iEyQjYFTp2-nfPWg_Lse1ch_LCjYXNYFMXqO9dq7MSn7SxEztL2x6EDIdApf-5PKtiIZZ5fyJp2m8lRtdXib-Mup3T_rcu9WgpjckBbNaL6x7Hys_CP_IlPcBh_dnR_C0XT0v3XnX83xuUqumFARSrIwg=w1245-h934-no

SLHXUB6Gz0G2aqoapeBpp06-hpNBjJi4pNeh2Rc_I0Bg6JrtTCq5F_aAQYPY4IZ_JPI6jpYVi_U-aqjIlXd3MN7uMp62M5nhjHiHuiEBmtXuIHZKhdtY0Lv4WZKxxVQo7bYRO6ZUIPeOmvdudakBu1O3kCZCeuzC90VWbWAeNErLoqMuvjT9UmZDzFXvxeoEehvyltXZCH3nQ_xS5jFHfv3mURg0hZK9JY9dS3Rs2azXoPgID-ddGgmEYd63hhGXZ7B2zJqBpCNYo9fjTU_2dbORAb3H2JGJg--ghUbcJJ4BvlvaldzGJ7K-PTNGcluFhAUULCF0Dp9CmZMZAdrDwZCMAVEgCq3SmPBaARFFJ3VAeHvraBLq8U_nAaWCfbtMTYuYmUW3z1I2s9GMUy8qiRWp1JQKB0NqsYQw4JVHDNVXyMOm37tZwAcD6S8Y2JrviNHJ5lJq_umVnzUMg97DFogkNHaLCFE4DOKm6oQVC53SttlPFmH9kVMaJ5y0LcVmijlWJ7TBlARvupILZh78aw7Ezj9518U5VnqK4y_wyzeuKSvpNQ0MPeoDIMJjINF6-yFYxbfUNMOiSZmFeySUg2hhfsrBT10LgwMJHoLHqaIEpxa07fSFlw=w1245-h934-no

In around 20 minutes, (it's my second one but still I was impressed.

Old one...

n1SxV2tDlL3tstBPIglbB5P3kZgfGy7Z3pRyYUHFZdv1faU8hDi2wo3U6ooalQk8CVYUSWIjF8d8j3WklX1t7OR6KgQO4tbm2r4sOrYWd7QfUjaLUwFR6uXammSO9GGRgY-2pzZAljylG4wEY6S6KxWCwtd5-YsnrhNhL-rNiANy3n1m0Ehg1_CpvQleH4_ohRhPN1cOhkVPK0wgZtaTZgzXr6zB8AMqpPpoxRYft1P6YmADarmrpgkeLJfN6gNIwr51_iPmkhNYEQmjT3iBeDTpUTnGnV064icpYqhwkqnrjeUbt9XnkPzOaEKT9uWRFPr01b6VyYMtE3nF6mnVFf6-E9Sa2O3I_vcgZhQnCHE9CyhbMzhh-ZgXwPhLLtw9pUk1n-2lb7s1lx42XVgLSNqvRpPddxz20s2g7pDBD02cEnuMlyEUqq7JFCyTeBazeAnlrjTbrYBr5QoVcBhbfdxzbYyOZRFKdBWKoJEgJ_CcdYyCmri_8mDt99dpomrBoJVq4Ei-j6_XsQhTWxjhPPcOQG7fiy89ocmzUDZ7IDK4SbkUhLMtTmtjY6R_bfYUBs3MpK-u3q90AJGbJQzEoOQ7gU5TNIkc6OYN1Z4dAilmAI1HNg=w1245-h934-no

£43, so a bargain fix I'd say

Edited by sshooie
535i Andrew likes this

^very good, you should do a full right up on it "how to do it Haynes style", except correctly and actually tell you how to remove things rather than just saying "remove from car".

5 hours ago, 535iAR said:

^very good, you should do a full right up on it "how to do it Haynes style", except correctly and actually tell you how to remove things rather than just saying "remove from car".

Other than the attached, I never had to de-pressurise the bag at the compressor because it deflated when I jacked it up. 

A-2780.pdf