F10530D

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

I saved myself hundreds of pounds  :razz: One of the stupid little hooks that move the load area cover up and down when opening the tailgate snapped off. Having asked around it seems that BMW do not supply just this hook, they only supply the whole mechanism,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what a great way to make money, put a flimsy part, which just happens to be the main operational part into an expensive sub-assembly, which requires a strip down of the most of the rear trim etc of the car to replace. I have been told the cost would have been over 600 pounds. Ha Ha, I have fixed it for under 10p and it only took 5 mins, all I needed was a picture hook nail, a bit of patience and now have a stronger hook/spigot.

Typical of BMW, they'll always try their best to make as much money as they can out of us.

I replaced the front brake pads on my car yesterday,  Nice and easy job.  Buggered if I can reset the warning indicator tho.  

But if anyone wants to know if it is difficult to do front pads it took less than an hour start to finish for both sides and that included moving my bus from my garage and getting my jack and tools out and putting them back.  Dead easy.

Reseting the service light was a git.

And should anyone be interested the brakes on a 520 are the same as a 530

J.

I'm sure I read on the forum not too long ago that the 530 had the same discs but different pads to the 520. Though I'm sure someone will clarify this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by F10530D

Too the black carpet mats aout today and vaxed them clean and cleaned the interior glass. Gawd the water in the machine was filthy! Should do it twice a year rather than once.

Yes, but I'm sure the car will log the turbo boost increase as well as the common rail pressure increase. Though to be honest I doubt BMW stealers would bother checking specifics. I'm assuming you've ran your car in properly before installing this tuning box. What's your mileage out of curiosity?

Last month I signed up for Internet through the connected drive store £15. Total waste of money, very slow. Avoid

TBH i tried to use the BMW assist when i had a flat tyre, asking to find me a local tyre place, woman was zero help total waste of money

Last month I signed up for Internet through the connected drive store £15. Total waste of money, very slow. Avoid

I have this and as you say its rubbish.  Its based on 3G so its never going to be great.  I believe the newest cars are now 4G so there is hope.  A smartphone is still better.

I've found info plus to be really useful. Not sure if it's £300s-worth-of-useful but I've found it helpful when needed. When I had a problem with my Ac they had someone with me within 90 mins on a Sunday. Also handy for finding car parks in London as the points of interest in the nav are out of date

Yesterday did something that i tought was a great idea.I was going to spray foil the front of the car to protect the paint because i have spent lots of days lately to

detail and machine polish the paint. So then i masked the front and had a plastic cover over the car so i avoid overspray.

well i totally messed this project up the sprayfoil loced like matt black asphalt when finshed .Then the funny part ... when i tried to remove the shit it turned out to be a

biiiig job peeling avay small flakes for some hours .The sprayfoil i was used a product from auto-K .Mayby i try another time using 3M paintdefender.

Prepared the winter wheels and tyres - correct pressures and a new coat of protective wax.

My e39 suffered horribly from rust... hows yours doing? Do you wash the car often this time of year, to keep the salt off the car... what about your salty undercarriage... MATRON!

edit: just read your sig.. nevermind.

Edited by johnleb

Updated the gracenote database today on my way to work. Took 8 minutes via DVD, piece of cake. Doesn't look like it updates music already stored on the HDD though :(

Updated the gracenote database today on my way to work. Took 8 minutes via DVD, piece of cake. Doesn't look like it updates music already stored on the HDD though :(

Hi,

Excuse my poor knowledge but what is the 'gracenote database'

Many thanks

I was also curious and Googled it, so now I know what it is but I still can't see what it does for us in the car. My music comes primarily from DAB or iPod, and in the case of the latter comes complete with album / track names and album art, so I'm guessing that it would only really be relevant if I used CD / DVD in the car, is that correct?

Yes, correct! I have the basic bluetooth module as my car was made in Sept 2010 and I don't think I can stream music via bluetooth. I'm not sure if I can upgrade the module either, so all of my music comes from CD's that I've installed onto the hard drive.