F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

2 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Got these delivered today,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AQM8GDA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

image.jpg

They go over the tyre like an F1 tyre warmer then two draw cords pull it shut.

Thanks to @d_a_n1979 for the link.

Still need to clean the summers before I can put them away in these bags for their winter hibernation.

Christ... Mine are still in the garage in their Amazon box :lol: 

Really need to get mt Style 149s cleaned and bagged up ready for their hibernation! 

3 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

That can be one of the tricky parts of buying the next car, getting permission from the general! 

Lol, no permission required per se, she knows I'm looking as she rumbled me when I left the trader page open on the pc. I once bought a new car when she was on holiday with the kids. I thought it would be a nice surprise when I picked her up from the airport. 

24 minutes ago, bmwf113.0d said:

I once bought a new car when she was on holiday with the kids. I thought it would be a nice surprise when I picked her up from the airport. 

Haha! That's how my first e34 arrived. I won't be repeating that again!

1 hour ago, bmwf113.0d said:

Lol, no permission required per se, she knows I'm looking as she rumbled me when I left the trader page open on the pc. I once bought a new car when she was on holiday with the kids. I thought it would be a nice surprise when I picked her up from the airport. 

Must admit, I once went out to look at a new kitchen while the Mrs was at work and returned with a shiny new R1 :) (Now ex Mrs)

Edited by Hurly_Dog

11 hours ago, Dakota said:

Haha! That's how my first e34 arrived. I won't be repeating that again!

My Dad bought a near new Audi 80 while my spendthrift mum was away visiting family about 25 years ago. I repeated the experience with a Passat a few years back. Neither went down well with our loved ones! Hey ho :mrgreen:

4 hours ago, Dakota said:

You can get a Witter removable swan neck for the G30, G32 not sure.

None of the renowned brands have certified their towbars for the G32. I have found a Belgian brand that makes one though.

You want a good solid towbar that's for sure. Brink, Bosal and Westfalia would be the three choices I would go for based on being OEM suppliers that I'm aware off, plus they will fit well and will require limited trim cutting etc.

Its not that the G32 is at fault. It must be type approved for towing as you can buy it with 3AC towbar. 

Make sure the the bar you investigate has all the right assurances on it. S values and D values on the data plate etc. But I'm sure you are aware of that.

Today I tried to remove a small dent in the front wing using a kettle of boiling water and a dildo. It sounds unorthodox but I've seen this method work on all sorts of dents - the trouble with this is that the dent is on a crease and it's quite small. 

I am handing the car back to BMW on a VT so I'm not entirely sure I even need to remove the dent - the BVRLA fair wear and tear guidelines are a little ambiguous on the matter (even if it were chargeable I suspect it would be low double figures) - but it would be a nice win if I could.

Any tips on a decent tool for the job? Suction cup on current tool is slightly too small and a plunger too large.

52 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Plus oscillating seat bases in you new car... very worrying. I think you may have strayed onto the wrong forum... 

I thought everyone carried a plunger with them. You never know when you might need one. 

3 hours ago, jannism said:

Any tips on a decent tool for the job? 

Yeah, I don't think this tool

3 hours ago, jannism said:

a dildo.

is the right one for the job.  That's where you are going wrong........

I think J lives in a city where a sex shop and Machine Mart are situated right next door to each other. 

Easy to walk through the wrong door. 

I wouldn't bee too surprised if there's a Clarke panel beating set secreted in the bedside cabinet. 

I'm convinced! I've asked my wife to get me one for Christmas as my toolbox suddenly seems incomplete. 

Once again, I've learned something new today. 

On 12/11/2018 at 21:54, d_a_n1979 said:

Christ... Mine are still in the garage in their Amazon box :lol: 

Really need to get mt Style 149s cleaned and bagged up ready for their hibernation! 

Why do you need the bags to store wheels or tyres?

2 hours ago, bigshout said:

Mine are kept in my garage where they would get covered in all sorts of muck from sawdust to metal fillings from my workshop tools.

3 hours ago, bigshout said:

Because our garage holds all the wood and coal for the fire; its dusty as hell and I like things to be kept/put away, properly...

That ok Mum? ;):P :lol:

54 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Because our garage holds all the wood .....for the fire; its dusty as hell

Likewise I store logs in my garage loft to dry out and the bits of crud fall off and go over what ever is underneath which is where I store my wheels.

Where do you get your logs from?

1 hour ago, 535i Andrew said:

Mine are kept in my garage where they would get covered in all sorts of muck from sawdust to metal fillings from my workshop tools.

So are mine. I have them covered with an old bed-sheet. Just as garden  furniture's covered with polythene sheeting. Not wasting money on bags for goodness' sake. I never fail to be surprised by the things people invent to address non-existent problems. :lol:

Edited by Boba