F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

5 hours ago, bmwmike said:

Ah explains why my handle is missing.

Yeah I double checked I didn't have one earlier today. There is the space for it which my locking wheel key ends up rolling around in.

Did a few things on mine today.

Replaced the engine air filter.

Checked the battery, appears to be good.

Sold my winter wheels, 17" style 327s to a very pleasant forum member. 

image.jpg

Going to run this winter on my dad's old 18" 237 rims with Conti winter tyres. They need a good few coats of sealant and wheel wax first!

Took some McGuiars PlastRX to the B pillar trim which is gloss on the Luxury trim. Got rid of about 90% of the swirl marks, came up nice and glossy. Both were clean but the cloth tells a different story.

IMG_20181007_145145.jpg

IMG_20181007_145307.jpg

On 10/1/2018 at 8:29 AM, 535i Andrew said:

Dropped mine off at the dealer to get them to look at the towbar fault. 

Groundhog Day..........

Dealers computer flashed up red this morning warning that this was a "recurring visit"!

16 minutes ago, Steveo1 said:

Dropped mine off at the Dealers to have some interior trim replaced and was amazed when I was told it is a 3 day job. 

Let me guess, under warranty?

My dealer replaced a towbar in a few hours, bodyshop took 4 days.......

1 hour ago, 535i Andrew said:

Let me guess, under warranty?

My dealer replaced a towbar in a few hours, bodyshop took 4 days.......

You guessed it, under warranty initially told me 5 days but told them I need the car back ASAP.

Its only the fascia for the Air Con surely its not that big a job even for a warranty claim?

I was just checking out Tesla body shops who are fixing minor accident damage cars in the US in 2-3 hours - sweet.

Dealership franchise model is a bit of a hit and miss.

On 10/8/2018 at 9:18 AM, 535i Andrew said:

Groundhog Day..........

Dealers computer flashed up red this morning warning that this was a "recurring visit"!

My dealer has raised a PUMA case with BMW, so I'm guessing that they are totally stuck as to what's wrong with my towbar.

Same technician who worked on it last week is "not happy with it so has raised a PUMA with BMW" apparently.

Looks like it isn't the battery..........

Found some old PTFE boat cleaner/wax which has brought the wheels up a treat.

Also joined the ctek mxs5 club so I can keep my battery tip top through winter.  I do lots of short trips.. sub 1 miles often, and I can tell when the battery is getting a bit low as the crank speed drops etc.

I use Carlack 68 nano care on the barrels of my alloys. The dirt is really easily cleaned off as the Carlack 68 stuff sets really hard and provides a real barrier for the dirt.

Noticed this today.

image.jpg

I suspect it was the bodyshop fettling the headrests after the bump but I can't prove it.

Whole visor is required as mirror isn't listed as a separate part.

Certainly explains the bad luck I'm having with it all, lol.

On a positive note I got this thru the post to liberally apply to the insides of my winter wheels before they go on.

image.jpg

3 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Noticed this today.

image.jpg

I suspect it was the bodyshop fettling the headrests after the bump but I can't prove it.

For goodness' sake how on earth did they manage to do that? 2 hands and twist or something? Might get a suitable one from a breaker.

Who knows!

I'm guessing the headrest put up a fight when trying to remove it to refit the restraint system in it. Perhaps the techs head banged into it when the headrest released itself from the seat?

I'm thinking one from a breaker too.

53 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Who knows!

I'm guessing the headrest put up a fight when trying to remove it to refit the restraint system in it. Perhaps the techs head banged into it when the headrest released itself from the seat?

I'm thinking one from a breaker too.

Go to a place where they sell & cut glass, you will need to remove the visor from the car. I once broke a rear view mirror glass and got them to cut to size. It cost me £5 :D.

Edited by jake13

Thanks Jake, I thought about that too.

I would need to remove the sliding cover without breaking it to then get to replace the mirror. The cover slides over the mirror with no room to spare so I couldn't stick a replacement mirror over the broken one.

50 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

I would need to remove the sliding cover without breaking it to then get to replace the mirror. The cover slides over the mirror with no room to spare so I couldn't stick a replacement mirror over the broken one.

You would completely remove the old glass which would give you the thickness for the replacement, and obviously remove the surrounding bezel to install the new glass to the vizor.

Left it at work today and came home in the almost brand new 118i Shadow Line that the rental company gave me for a work trip next week. The three engine seems to suit the car OK for a three cylinder 1.5 turbo and is punchy enough but the auto box feels like it has too many gears. I presume it's an 8 speed ZF like mine, but it doesn't have paddles. Very firm & bouncy ride as well.

13 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Get some of this stuff https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F251012667489

They will cut it to size, I got them to cut it to 148mm X 65mm and it slipped in between the broken mirror and the sliding cover. Bit of super glue and it's cheaper then a new visor

3 minutes ago, bmwf113.0d said:

Nope, straight back to the dealer, its probability and trust, you shouldn't have to prove it, it's not a court. 

After the hassle I'm sure they'll sort it out if you approach it right, they'd be foolish not to. 

Agree. Only problem would be determine if it happen at dealer or the bodyshop. Perhaps a call to the insurance company to see what they recommend.