F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

22 minutes ago, gbshahaq said:

Car was not changing up/down as expected, very noticeable on steep declines, with engine revs to 3.5k.

Much better than before - got it in before price hike from BMW too. Double result!

Do they all not hold onto the gear for longer on declines?

Mine certainly does, thought it was normal.

I cleaned under the bonnet! Although I like to detail my car, I believe bonnets are there to hide the oily bits and don't normally bother. But now I'm going to sell it so thought I would. Came up pretty well for 10 minutes work with APC, rag, brush and a leaf blower to dry it.

As an aside, I am getting rather addicted to the whole concept of leaf blowers to dry cars. If the car has plenty of wax/sealant/ceramic, the water whooshes off and no issues later with water dribbling out of mirrors, lights etc. Obviously a towel is still needed for door shuts. Also the inlet for the leaf blower must not get near the ground :o

Edited by Retset

19 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

Filled my F11 up with Diesel yesterday and realised it is 3,5 months since its last fill and 457 miles in that time! 31st May to 16th September.

Is that usual mileage for you, or an unusual period?

I did that mileage in 3 days last week! Managed 49.6mpg on one 150 mile journey, not bad for what must be close on to 2 tonnes loaded up with apparently child essentials!

22 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

It does over time 6 - 12 months is safe but not in 3.5 months.

In my boat, I use a diesel additive that combats "Diesel bug" Apparently the diesel bug causes clumping in the fuel which in turn does the injectors no good at all. I think it's made by Wynns.

Obviously in a boat the fuel stays in the tanks for much longer periods than in a car-well my car at least!!

Definitely not whilst at sea!!

That would mean putting the sails up and doing a "proper job"...........

Mine threw a right temper tantrum this morning.

Was making a sound adjustment to the radio when I received a call, hit the button to answer it, appeared to connect but no voice. Took a bit of button pushing to hang up but the phone symbol was still there in the idrive screen. But it wouldn't go back to the radio. No amount of button pushing would make it come back on. The mute symbol was on in the idrive screen despite pressing the button on and off. 

Switched the car off, got out, locked it and the idrive screen was still on with both the phone and mute symbol being displayed.  Very odd, tantrum still going on even though it was locked.

Got back in switched engine on, still nothing, not even streamed audio from my phone. Again phone and mute symbol was still there in the idrive screen.

The only way I could get my radio to come back on was to switch the Bluetooth off and back on from my phone. 

Bloody technology.

Well last night and today really... drove it the 900+ km from UK to back here in Germanyland. I was only away 3 weeks and I'd almost forgotten how much I enjoy driving the F11. Safely reminded now.

Collected two style 237 wheels complete with winter tyres from my dad's.

image.jpg

Only room for two in the boot @Dknife21 lol! Will need to do another trip for the other two wheels.

My dad is swappng his F10 so I've got his winter wheels. I've even got the receipt for them from 5 years ago. Supplied and fitted to his F10 on 19/12/13.

His pal is buying a very lightly used set of 17" F30 winter wheels and tyres from my mums F30.

image.jpg

They have been stored by our local BMW dealer and my folks take their cars their for a wheel swap twice a year.

They need a good clean and a coating of wax/sealant before this winter.

1 hour ago, bmwf113.0d said:

You need a new battery... 

Nah it's been fine since. 

Although the person who called me when it had its tantrum left me a voicemail that my phone never told me about for another 36 hours.

Must be aliens or something upsetting my car and phone....;)

2 hours ago, IINexusII said:

Finally got round to getting and installing a dashcam (Aukey DR02 D):

IMG_20180923_172414.thumb.jpg.ebc3d9c20c8e0f4ac7ad2c2fe5fefc1d.jpg

Curious to know what the two wires to your front camera are for?

Is one purely power and one for connection to an external memory store/USB drive?

32 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Curious to know what the two wires to your front camera are for?

Is one purely power and one for connection to an external memory store/USB drive?

One for power and one that goes to the rear camera

^I doubt that's even legal, not this side of the pond.

I got time to wash two of my recently acquired style 237 wheels and got one layer of sealant on the inside barrel on them. They are a more difficult to clean compared to the style 327, they are replacing. So hopefully a liberal coating of sealant and Poorboys wheel wax will help preventing the worst of the dirt sticking and can be power washed clean.