F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

Only fitted bars and cycle carriers to mine, easily a one man job. Depends how heavy the box is really I guess, once the bars are in place it should be easy enough to rest the box on them before moving into correct position.

3 hours ago, sjj84 said:

Only fitted bars and cycle carriers to mine, easily a one man job. Depends how heavy the box is really I guess, once the bars are in place it should be easy enough to rest the box on them before moving into correct position.

Yeah the videos I've seen show the box being carefully slid into place from the side.  The roof boxes look very light weight, literally a shell just to hold things in place and keep them dry.

I would still struggle to store it though when its not on either car.

Had to replace the nearly new Goodyear Excellence, after the slight bulge caused by our sh1tty roads finally succumbed.

£200 lighter.....always a pleasure!

I had the same problem with the same tyre a couple of weeks after buying my F11. Would never buy them again after reading the reviews online. Changed brand and never had any issues since. 

16 minutes ago, bmwf113.0d said:

I had the same problem with the same tyre a couple of weeks after buying my F11. Would never buy them again after reading the reviews online. Changed brand and never had any issues since. 

What are you running on now mate?

Well today before the down pour, i put on a re-conditioned set of 351M in Ferric Gloss Grey.

They looked a bit darker than i expected when i unwrapped them last night. 

The big gamble was 275/35/19s on the rear of an F11.

There seems to be clearance, just about, unless the shocks don't give up.The shock absorber protection cap is encroaching into the inner wheel space.   

With the 245 tyres there was a good 25mm clearance.

DSCF9652 - Copy.JPG

DSCF9667.JPG

DSCF9642.JPG

Had a ride in a Volvo V90 D3 taxi. I really liked the exterior styling but the interior looked poor and cheap. Most controls were situated on the large infotainment screen and must be difficult to locate as they look pretty much the same. 

Ride was good. Other than that, nothing notable. 

So, i had been admiring the looks and wondered what they were like in comparison to mine. 20 mins was enough to burst my balloon. 

My curiosity has turned to the F Pace. Not many F Pace taxis about though. 

46 minutes ago, Caesar said:

True, but your local SIXT car hire may well have a few of them. Hertz actually bought some aswell.

53 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Had a ride in a Volvo V90 D3 taxi. I really liked the exterior styling but the interior looked poor and cheap.

I do like the look the V90 but mostly all DIEsel and front wheel drive or biased front AWD. 

Nope.

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

Unless you spend mega bucks the spec is poor.

1 hour ago, Coops said:

Unless you spend mega bucks the spec is poor.

Not sure if they've got over the JLR reliability issues either.