F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

10 minutes ago, Dakota said:

As a non smoker finally found a use for the ashtray. 

IMG_20180719_114636.jpg

Better be careful, with current weather - it will quickly melt! :)

6 minutes ago, bmwf113.0d said:

Metal fatigue?

Yeah been driving abit more "spiritedly" than i think i should have been, alot of harsh downshifts which probably didnt help. 2 pages back i mention the failure

5 minutes ago, IINexusII said:

Yeah been driving abit more "spiritedly" than i think i should have been, alot of harsh downshifts which probably didnt help. 2 pages back i mention the failure

Is yours a manual? Harsh downshifts really shouldn't cause this.  Poor engineering could cause this.  Or a one off. Bit concerning seeing as there are more powerful engines in the lineup.

1 minute ago, bmwmike said:

Is yours a manual? Harsh downshifts really shouldn't cause this.  Poor engineering could cause this.  Or a one off. Bit concerning seeing as there are more powerful engines in the lineup.

nope auto, still need to contact BMW to see whether they are interested in inspecting the parts

On 7/19/2018 at 1:30 PM, Dakota said:

As a non smoker finally found a use for the ashtray. 

IMG_20180719_114636.jpg

BMW sell a coin tray to replace the ashtray. I've had mine installed for years and it's one of the most used and cheapest modifications I've done.  I think it was £6 from memory.  I'm not an M&M kind of guy so it's suits me :)

19 minutes ago, bigshout said:

BMW sell a coin tray to replace the ashtray. I've had mine installed for years and it's one of the most used and cheapest modifications I've done.  I think it was £6 from memory.  I'm not an M&M kind of guy so it's suits me :)

That is awesome, phoning BMW now.  Thanks for the heads up.  As a non smoker I hate the idea of ashtrys full stop, never mind eating out of them! :D

24 minutes ago, bigshout said:

That's impressive, I get 27mpg combined average. 

I failed to mention it was on a trip up the A1 from Yorkshire to Northumberland. Driving gingerly as I didn't want to be caught by the mobile speed traps that they're so fond of in North Yorkshire... 

9 minutes ago, Dakota said:

That is awesome, phoning BMW now.  Thanks for the heads up.  As a non smoker I hate the idea of ashtrys full stop, never mind eating out of them! :D

Ordered this awhile back myself, part number below:

Edited by IINexusII

17 hours ago, IINexusII said:

All fixed and back on the road :) 

This was all the pieces that remained:

IMG_20180719_123745.thumb.jpg.13e9dab9dd85b708c548cbdffaea7f73.jpg

Glad you got it sorted.

You can get much twistyer engines than yours so I don't believe it's down to your driving style. Could be a part with an inherent flaw in it.

It would be interesting to see if BMW are interested but I doubt it.

39 minutes ago, bigshout said:

That's impressive, I get 27mpg combined average. 

Yikes. Next time I'm moaning about my grumbly diesel the 20mpg better consumption I'm getting will provide some succour!

47 minutes ago, Dakota said:

Yikes. Next time I'm moaning about my grumbly diesel the 20mpg better consumption I'm getting will provide some succour!

Dont worry we won't hear your moaning over the grumbly diesel.;)

6 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Dont worry we won't hear your moaning over the grumbly diesel.;)

Or because you will be standing at the pump while I have another 300 miles before I have to stop. ;-)

Just looking at you car history, I LOL'd when I saw the switch from the Mini to the 3.0 Senator!

Whilst fully loaded on the way to the tip this morning, had a little play with an E90 M3. 

There wasnt much in it tbh, which surprised me, although it was straight line fun only.

Boy did it sound nice though!

Edited by goram

20 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Glad you got it sorted.

You can get much twistyer engines than yours so I don't believe it's down to your driving style. Could be a part with an inherent flaw in it.

It would be interesting to see if BMW are interested but I doubt it.

Yep 530d has a different part number even though it looks similar. 535i uses the same part..

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/partxref?id=5C32-EUR-05-2014-F10N-BMW-520d&mg=22&sg=10&diagId=22_0094&q=22326781235&series=F10N