F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

Sorry to hear that Mike.

The PDC sensors saved my ass big time last week, just heard the continuous tone and jammed on as I was 2 inches from reversing into a car.

2 hours ago, jake13 said:

PDC sensors not working?

Harsh, lol

but we've all been there, trying to manoeuvre the car in a tight spot while there is this constant siren in your ear which you ignore and sometimes it then bites you on the ass or the ass of the car in this case.

5 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Into reverse and floored it?

I tend to wait before moving when selecting reverse. The system is a bit slow and had a few near misses before realising.

Looks like I need to put this through insurance. Bugger. 

10 years protected NCB. Lowish XS. That's what insurance is for, right?  Never made a claim before, let's see how good my insurer are then.

Edited by bmwmike

2 minutes ago, jake13 said:

I tend to wait before moving when selecting reverse. The system is a bit slow and had a few near misses before realising.

I've got two kids with high pitched voices, they were in the back and were making noises. I don't know if the beepers sounded but I sure heard the noise when the bumpers grounded..

1 minute ago, bmwmike said:

I've got two kids with high pitched voices, they were in the back and were making noises. I don't know if the beepers sounded but I sure heard the noise when the bumpers grounded..

I can't wait for mines to grow up quickly.

9 minutes ago, bmwmike said:

So what you are saying categorically is that in no way can you blame your wife for any of this? :ph34r:

Just now, jake13 said:

No stamina, should have done this in my 20s.

Amen to that brother!

Our littl'un isn't well at the moment so she was up 5 times between 2:45 am and 5:30 am this morning. I get up at 6:15am. 

1 minute ago, 535i Andrew said:

Amen to that brother!

Our littl'un isn't well at the moment so she was up 5 times between 2:45 am and 5:30 am this morning. I get up at 6:15am. 

I've done the A&E visits in the early days. The problem is when the child is not normal and is dependant in all manner of care into adolescent and possibly into adulthood.

12 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

So what you are saying categorically is that in no way can you blame your wife for any of this? :ph34r:

Nope. Sadly, its 100% my fault.

Anyone know how much premiums rise by if you make a claim?  50%? 100%? Its not going to be a huge claim, but if i'm claiming i may as well get my car fixed too.

When I made a £15k claim my insurance went from £500 to £700. 

Edit: I had protected NCB as well

Edited by E39touring

I try not to rely on pdc now, had the control unit fail on a previous car, I was getting closer and closer to another car and thought surely it should be beeping by now. Got out to check and I was literally about 2cm away.

On 7/18/2018 at 7:26 AM, 535i Andrew said:

Indeed, or we will need to add it to the growing list of faults on this generation of 5.

Keep us posted on how the fix goes. 

Talking of faults I just checked under mine as I removed the diffuser to see if there was anything other than superficial damage (was not). I noticed both rear output shaft diff seals have oil misting. When I had the mondial warranty I actually took it in for the OSR output seal misting and they said it was fine. The NSR is now misting. I don't think it's bad enough to lower the level ( will check) or drip but.. really? 57k. Partly why I cancelled the mondial warranty. Great insurance product except it requires BMW master techs (lmao) to gatekeep claims. Was too much hard work to get them to fix stuff. 

A Google search shows f10 rear diffs leaking oil (particularly m5) is a thing.

Edited by bmwmike

Rear diff mist leaks are quite common.  I think all my BMWs have ended up with a slight mist on the casing from the driveshaft oil seals.  Never been an issue though certainly nowhere near anything large enough to form a drip.

'Spose. Just surprised my 2012 57k mile rear diff looks just like my old 177k e46 (RIP, sob) rear diff. Guess they reach an age and just wet their pants.  I prolly expect too muches.

12 minutes ago, bmwmike said:

Guess they reach an age and just wet their pants.

As long as they do that before their owners! ;)

But yes sadly you are 

12 minutes ago, bmwmike said:

I prolly expect too muches.