F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

1 minute ago, sshooie said:

Ah, mine wasn't as bad as that (even when I sold it @120k, plus mine was black so I wonder if the colouring effects it or just a fat arse as you say. (I'm no waif) 

Getting it replaced tomorrow, fingers crossed it will be a good job. The guy say he's doing one of these bolster on the F10 every week.

8 minutes ago, sshooie said:

Why bother with the stamp, just looks dodgy imo. 

I also sign it and write "owner" and reference the BMW invoice number which is proof of the parts fitted.  Invoice goes with car as part of the documents.  Big wad of receipts went with my E60, some of which were referenced in the service book after DIY servicing. 

1 hour ago, Y15HAL said:

What does this adjustment do?

The strike plates move in 4 directions and allows you to get the doors entirely flush.  If adjusting don't over loosen and don't over tighten the 2 bolts. The plate may be very stiff requiring a few taps with a small hammer using a piece of wood against the plate.

Sample image:

SBF Door Striker Plate.jpg

2 hours ago, Dakota said:

The strike plates move in 4 directions and allows you to get the doors entirely flush.  If adjusting don't over loosen and don't over tighten the 2 bolts. The plate may be very stiff requiring a few taps with a small hammer using a piece of wood against the plate.

Sample image:

Is this only for allignment?

I find that my passenger doors needs a little more of a slam than the others.....:unsure:

1 minute ago, Y15HAL said:

Is this only for allignment?

I find that my passenger doors needs a little more of a slam than the others.....:unsure:

Yes, if you move the plate out a mm you may find they require less of a slam.  But if the panel alignment is good I would leave it alone.

Gave the old boy a right old caning on a 450 mile round trip from Berks to Cheshire and back.

Even managed some fun on a couple of twisties as the shat Nav redirected. Never fails to amaze me that for a battleship that feels a bit floppy under 5 tenths, when you REALLY push on, it really comes alive and handles extremely well. Like a big hot hatch. Almost.

All whilst being cosseted by lovely camp oyster leather!

Marvellous!

Edited by goram