F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

Had the air con condenser replaced at Bmw today as a recall or quility enhancement as they want to call it!! plus a free health check with nothing to report and a clean bill of health which is always nice to see. 

2 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

And then she was even happier when we fitted her "big girl" seat in the back of my car.

image.jpg

A thoroughly enjoyable daddy and daughter time. The colour choice wasn't mine in case you are wondering......

Get a seat protector, e.g.   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Waterproof-Car-Seat-Protector-Non-Slip-Child-Safety-Mat-Cushion-Cover/173102392836?hash=item284db4e604:g:VoAAAOSwDkpaYccM

Edited by jake13

3 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

One is on order. The wife had just said that it should be here by now.

It looks like you have something already under the seat, looks a different pattern to the os one

13 minutes ago, sshooie said:

It looks like you have something already under the seat, looks a different pattern to the os one

Yes unfortunately it's a bit of marking on the seat base from the previous ISOfix seat base. 

My OCD is ok with that as I know the littl'un was safe and sound with the ISOfix system 

13 minutes ago, sshooie said:

I have marks in the leather from the previous owners seat, tried a few things including steam to no effect. 

Yeah it's a pity, I think we've discussed that before.

My E60 was really marked when it went. But it's a small price  to pay for safety.

3 minutes ago, sshooie said:

Going to write an advert for mine shortly for the trader, so been out and taken some interior pics.

What you gona replace it with?

i will be doing the same soon, looking at 6 series gran coupe 2015 for the replacement, after LED lights, digital dash, head up, harmon speakers, soft close, surround view, 20" alloys, White with anything other than a black interior.  Quite a difficult spec to find but no rush 

31 minutes ago, markprior said:

i will be doing the same soon, looking at 6 series gran coupe 2015 for the replacement, after LED lights, digital dash, head up, harmon speakers, soft close, surround view, 20" alloys, White with anything other than a black interior.  Quite a difficult spec to find but no rush 

VDC would be top of my list followed by a sunroof in a 640i followed by Comfort Seats and HUD 

Got a valuation for a trade in for mine a couple of weeks back and the dealer was very complimentary on how good condition mine is in.  The f10 m5 with its 5 owners looked like a dog in comparison. Been umming and ahhing about a nonBMW replacement. Then we took it away this weekend and honestly as itchy as my feet are I can't think of a better all round car for family duties and petrol heading and ecowarrioring all in one. It's quick, makes  a nice noise and also squeezes all the family junk for a weekend away. The engine is a screamer but still got me 35mpg after a trip down the m5 southbound which would have made Nigel mansel blush. And still i hanker for a m5 f10 which would be lightyears ahead in so many ways but can you really deploy 500hp on UK roads? I can't get 270hp down without spinning the rears half the time, with a nice satisfying rip as it builds up revs.

Also got approval for my door corrosion to be fixed but seeing as the body shop have demonstrated a complete lack of technical ability as well as customer service I'm thinking of saying thanks but no thanks. I think I'd prefer corrosion to a poor paint job. My OCD is atypical.

I am, yet again, considering a ceramic coating. CQuartz 3.0, to be exact. I'd need to machine off the current HydrO2 but that's no issue as I would want a finishing polish before a ceramic coat. Otherwise, I bought some long lengths of wood so have finally used the 'ski hatch' .. probably also the last time.

Interested in how that goes for you. Are you doing it yourself?

Separately, my boot window when released via key just pops open but doesn't fully extend. I didn't know it was even supposed to extend until I parked nose up on a step hill and it extended all the way when activated by key!

What is likely to be wrong and how can it be fixed?