F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

Swapped back over to the summer wheels (351's) and took a moment to install the LED indicator bulbs that have been in my drawer at work for 3 months.

I should have done it earlier they are much brighter and look so much better not casting that bloody orange tango across the headlight.

26 minutes ago, JDR said:

Swapped back over to the summer wheels (351's) and took a moment to install the LED indicator bulbs that have been in my drawer at work for 3 months.

I should have done it earlier they are much brighter and look so much better not casting that bloody orange tango across the headlight.

Any pictures?

Didn't take any should have taken a video with both blinking when i had changed one side for comparison.

Will take a couple of pics tomorrow.

Although fairly sure I ordered them after someone else linked them and posted photos in this very thread.

Edited by JDR

Popped over to Lille to see the daughter, as below 329 miles @ 52.3mpg and just ticked over the magic 111111

6aX4JxlfVv-TwtiaChRLLmAzixjAXQEpJyHwp2k0n6xlvwVwo0SpxVZVycHz9_HgHZ6u2muBLgUUQSGCsPIStoKHRIiIrUHjFYc2ESmZZPAH273_gnpAqVWZTnUDSTd5kVS6IDHqY_4V5KszEw88aCDo9obMEYlEGh85SCnJaEuDIPuHdspDU0XgMueVgKz1S1_AkOXYBwH2-5jNPE0i9qcn_KzCXR4NwObxv92LL0t3N49UFykUj4h9HNQQdnG67jN--O-TSQGmEUCh8krMH1uPJVvqaojiZkdsLRvSwD8No9LwRQnQwPfonFzZ5RqaqkP4ygjcwUOYmbD44CnDeNXIeXTFFBGe0qK9HU4zjQEzfpVgPGY-5vzVBNFgCU-M0Xegisef6b6vtP1O9bD1YbyDvun9q_hMVaJBbF7cJ5BFrSGolF4Op3jILPFAoy2zOgXoqJkhx6g7S4W8WjlC7NYVsORRed1cWWAPOlu9rg4OHqlyYXNptNUNVsmX3XF2cCKrqjhVDPolfFpOWTAglvbPi5xPz10fccBqwL2-6cuWBACSPJaNHqzRgZcDm5cEPyVEmNKRGMLZk48O99qVidjHqv0M5X5xm6wZ89JS=w1278-h894-no

Air con has packed in again so needs a new condensor and also the camera's have started playing up. @Matthew Ashton do you know if the cam fault notifications be coded off?

And to top it all I fecked a wheel getting onto the top deck of the shuttle.

I blacked out the rear badge. Not something I’ve  wanted to do on my other cars, but I saw a black m4 with blacked out satin M4 badge the other day and it looked great.

i completed this using plastdip paint, it’s quick and easy to do without my prep and is completely revesable.

Thoughts appreciated.

CDFA43EC-7B58-408B-A0EC-7A25FD7A5924.jpeg

334604CB-0CF1-49D2-9ADB-5B79E6AADEE8.jpeg

3 hours ago, JDR said:

I think I have a single spare alloy cap, pm me your address if you want and I'll stick it in an envelope on Monday.

PM sent.

2 hours ago, bigshout said:

I blacked out the rear badge. Not something I’ve  wanted to do on my other cars, but I saw a black m4 with blacked out satin M4 badge the other day and it looked great.

i completed this using plastdip paint, it’s quick and easy to do without my prep and is completely revesable.

Thoughts appreciated.

Goes well and adds to the aggressive stance of the car IMO. Especially helped by having those twin tailpipes on either side. If only they gave them to the 530d's...

On 20/04/2018 at 8:16 PM, JDR said:

Hi, where did you bought the side indicators led’s? Can you share please!

After washing my winter wheels clean and packaging them away for summer storage, today I picked up a screw in my front new rft. Grrr

image.jpg

just noticed it as I got out the car, some sweary words.  I'm thinking it's only just gone in as the screw was proud of the tread so might be lucky. 

Unscrewed it from the tread and it started hissing.

More sweary words.

Drove home 4 miles without the tyre warning system activating. 

Tyre has done about 3,500 miles.

Even more sweary words.

Will need to put an axle set of winters back on till I get it sorted. Local trustworthy tyre fitter not open today.  :(

39 minutes ago, sshooie said:

Could have been much worse and on the edge. 

Your thoughts being that I can get it repaired?

Its old skool tyre warning system working off wheel revolutions rather than pressure.

By the time I got home the hissing was very slight. Online prices for a replacement tyre vary wildly by about £80!

I had a RFT repaired last year , it was in for a service when the puncture was found and BMW insisted you can't repair runflats and quoted me £280 for a new tyre.

Told them to leave it and took it to my local garage I always use for tyres and they laughed at the "can't be fixed comment" and had it repaired for £10.

Had no issues with it so far.

Edited by JDR

40 minutes ago, JDR said:

I had a RFT repaired last year , it was in for a service when the puncture was found and BMW insisted you can't repair runflats and quoted me £280 for a new tyre.

Told them to leave it and took it to my local garage I always use for tyres and they laughed at the "can't be fixed comment" and had it repaired for £10.

Had no issues with it so far.

Thanks

One of my winter tyres, also rft, that came with the car has a plug repair. It's quite obvious that it's been done as the balance weights don't match the three other wheels. Pity, I don't know where the previous owner got it repaired...

29 minutes ago, sshooie said:

Looks deffo a repair, don't be fobbed off. 

Cheers, I know I won't have damaged the sidewall as the system didn't even detect it. Checked the pressure and it's lost 0.1 of a bar. 

My understanding is that You cant repair runflat if they have been driven whilst flat. Running on flat damages the sidewalls which then obviously ruins the tyre. I've bit done that in my case. 

43 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Cheers, I know I won't have damaged the sidewall as the system didn't even detect it. Checked the pressure and it's lost 0.1 of a bar. 

My understanding is that You cant repair runflat if they have been driven whilst flat. Running on flat damages the sidewalls which then obviously ruins the tyre. I've bit done that in my case. 

Andrew, that puncture is in the perfect position for a repair. They'll take the tyre off the rim and patch it from the inside if following the British Standard guideline - http://btmauk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Minor-repairs-to-passenger-car-and-light-van-tyres.pdf

You may have to convince the tyre shop that it didn't run flat and therefore damage the sidewall but my view is that this is your car and you aren't going to risk lives by running on a dodgy tyre. If the first one says no, go to the next until someone repairs it. Don't let them condemn a perfectly good tyre.

When I had a very similar puncture wound on one of my RFT's a year or so ago, I was told by my local big name tyre fitter that RFT's cannot be safely repaired — manufacturers say so...

So I researched on line and found that some brands do state this and some don't. Pirelli do state that they do not permit/endorse repairs to a RFT...(guess what brand I have — both summer and winter tyres).

I have an emergency tyre repair kit (sold for tubeless motorcycle tyres), that I have used as a permanent fix on punctures on my ride on mower, so I used this as temporary repair on the RFT. Tyre remained perfectly inflated for a month until I got around to buying a new matching tyre. In hindsight I should have left it but I was swayed by the potential insurance implication...

BTW, for those who have not seen the inside, a tyre that has been run flat for any significant period will delaminate the interior, and is very obvious to a tyre repairer and they will not/should not repair in this case.