F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

Yesterday actually..... noticed on my way home that as well as my pathetic (I assumed clogged) washer jets, there was a lot of fluid discharging near the bottom right corner of the screen. Investigation found the push-in connector joining the lower and upper sections of washer fluid pipe had come lose. Reconnect and washer jets lethal once more !

Earlier in the day I got a chance to look more closely at the headlamp washers I replaced late last year (they were missing from front end damage as a Kent RPU veh). After firing ok, the jets retracted but hung up on the upper edge of the hole in the bumper. Trimming back the protruding plastic allowed free movement of the jet on both sides. I'm guessing the two bumps of plastic are really only needed when no jets are fitted and only blank caps mounted, as with the full system fitted, the cap is supported on the lever arm and stopped against the large stop faces left and right of each hole.

Anyway... all-in-all a positive day auf Deutschland.

Do tell what you lavished on the exterior? 

Mine hopefully will get a power wash followed by a snow foam and a wash with Meguiars gold class shampoo if I get a chance this weekend, now my lurgy is subsiding.

Watchedched the neighbour spend all day yesterday snow foaming and two bucketing his A5 and his birds SQ5 for the heavens to open around 5pm.

There are two on this cul de sac who use 2 buckets and faf for ages, I used to be like that but find life's too short nowadays and the difference to the untrained eye (read 99%) is minimal.

I can't remember the last car I even polished, it's gets a quick splash and a towel dry... am I a bad person?

20160330_192514.thumb.jpg.e5e26c8615bf328f48ce77d054419339.jpg

33 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Do tell what you lavished on the exterior? 

Mine hopefully will get a power wash followed by a snow foam and a wash with Meguiars gold class shampoo if I get a chance this weekend, now my lurgy is subsiding.

Snow foam followed by Swissvax car bath then Auto finesse Oblitarate then Auto Finesse Iron out (was surprised how much purple streaking occurred as the car has done very little milage)then washed again then dried with towels.

Once fully dry I went over the full car with Swissvax Regular Cleaner Fluid then 2 coats of Swissvax Shield wax. 

The wheels got the same treatment all by hand not a machine polisher in site. May seem a little over the top but I enjoy doing it and the car is parked outdoors all year round.

As happen to sshooie's  neighbour an hour after finishing it it started raining and has not yet stopped.

1 hour ago, sshooie said:

Watchedched the neighbour spend all day yesterday snow foaming and two bucketing his A5 and his birds SQ5 for the heavens to open around 5pm.

There are two on this cul de sac who use 2 buckets and faf for ages, I used to be like that but find life's too short nowadays and the difference to the untrained eye (read 99%) is minimal.

I can't remember the last car I even polished, it's gets a quick splash and a towel dry... am I a bad person?

20160330_192514.thumb.jpg.e5e26c8615bf328f48ce77d054419339.jpg

Got to say I agree with you, I tried snow foam for a while and found it pretty useless other than taking more time and leaving a mess on the floor. It doesn’t appear to achieve any more than a quick going over with a pressure washer to remove excess dirt/grit etc.

I just snow foamed the wife's Kuga, I had our littl'un helping who thought it was great fun. I scrubbed the alloys after using Billberry to take the worst off the wheels. They really need a Bilt Hamber going over but I've not got much of it left after cleaning my summers. The littl'un then rinsed clean the wheels. Great team work.

I couldn'twash the Kuga as I forgot to get a new bucket as I broke the last one when I dropped some logs on it by mistake. I wasn't going to use my rinse bucket for the suds. 

Maybe that's what it is; brings out the kid in me! 

Mine was sparking, then had to go out in it on Thursday and now it's covered in salty grime, again. And more salt ti be spread as snow forecast for Monday. 

But no point keeping it clean and not having the pleasure of driving it. 

8 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Doesn't it screw a tarmac drive though? 

No but engine degreaser eats in to the tarmac on the pavement outside my house when I used it to clean up a bit of oil I spilt once. The degreaser breaks down the heavy oils that make up tarmac. Although the stuff I've got says it's safe on plastics and it does a good job on plastic too!

Edited by 535i Andrew

Back to the main topic knocked out a couple more little jobs over the weekend.

De-badged the rear and swapped out the driver side roof lining handle for a sunglasses holder.

Just the interior trim wrap to do now and I'm good.

Edited by Dogshark
Bad grammar

12 minutes ago, Dogshark said:

Back to the main topic knocked out a couple more little jobs over the weekend.

De-badged the rear and swapped out the driver side roof lining handle for a sunglasses holder.

Just the interior trim wrap to do now and I'm good.

What wrap are you thinking of?

Swapped the summer wheels/tyres back on. Reset tyre pressures/TPMS.

With wheels off I cleaned out the wheel arches including the rear air springs whilst they were extended, to remove grit.

Didn't change the front brakes as the pads still have a good 2-3k miles left in them (inner pads) and sensor has not triggered yet B)

9 hours ago, Dogshark said:

I did that on my E91. What's the part number/cost?

20 minutes ago, AndyM said:

I did that on my E91. What's the part number/cost?

8 minutes ago, sshooie said:

I got the same one, but from Amazon for a few quid more.

Actually looks better in the flesh than in the pictures on the Amazon/Ebay listings.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01H3DLZ7S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fits perfectly and looks pretty smart.

Edited by Dogshark
Wanted to add more detail

1 hour ago, Dogshark said:

I got the same one, but from Amazon for a few quid more.

Actually looks better in the flesh than in the pictures on the Amazon/Ebay listings.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01H3DLZ7S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fits perfectly and looks pretty smart.

Didn't realise there were aftermarket holders available, last time I did it I got a genuine BMW part from a dealer and I think it came from an X1. The bloke on the parts counter had to double check I knew what I was buying, it fitted fine though. The part number is 51167842970.