F10 530d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

Swapped the summer wheels/tyres back on. Reset tyre pressures/TPMS.

With wheels off I cleaned out the wheel arches including the rear air springs whilst they were extended, to remove grit.

Didn't change the front brakes as the pads still have a good 2-3k miles left in them (inner pads) and sensor has not triggered yet B)

9 hours ago, Dogshark said:

De-badged the rear and swapped out the driver side roof lining handle for a sunglasses holder.

I did that on my E91. What's the part number/cost?

20 minutes ago, AndyM said:

I did that on my E91. What's the part number/cost?

8 minutes ago, sshooie said:

I got the same one, but from Amazon for a few quid more.

Actually looks better in the flesh than in the pictures on the Amazon/Ebay listings.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01H3DLZ7S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fits perfectly and looks pretty smart.

Edited by Dogshark
Wanted to add more detail

1 hour ago, Dogshark said:

I got the same one, but from Amazon for a few quid more.

Actually looks better in the flesh than in the pictures on the Amazon/Ebay listings.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01H3DLZ7S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fits perfectly and looks pretty smart.

Didn't realise there were aftermarket holders available, last time I did it I got a genuine BMW part from a dealer and I think it came from an X1. The bloke on the parts counter had to double check I knew what I was buying, it fitted fine though. The part number is 51167842970.

Get you guys with the need for something fancy to hold your sunglasses in your car.

I haven't seen the sun since 6th May 2017, let alone have the need to use sunglasses in my car. B)

Its snowing, again, where I am. So I was thankful that I haven't yet swapped my winter wheels.

Gave mine a big drink 

image.jpg

I only managed 2.72 litres the night before.

Pumped the tyres up, got 0.4 bar in both rear tyres, explains why the back end had felt soft in the last couple of weeks. Much better in the bends now even on 17" winters.

Washed it, well just a power wash rinse and a snow foam as I've still not bought a replacement bucket yet for the one that broke!

image.jpg

Hopefully I'll get the summer wheels on soon but I'll need to give them a good coating of wax or sealant first.

Is it?

It's a penny more than when I filled up 4 weeks ago, so 66 pence spent more. but now the weather is better, I'll get better mpg and get my 66 pence back as it won't be idling to thaw it out.

I don't really pay attention to the price of fuel. But it only gets Shell to drink, none of the Supermarket sludge, so I'm limited where I fill up locally.

12 minutes ago, Big A said:

Tried on my summer wheels. Now to get them refurb’d and maybe get them on in the next few weeks.

Where are you gong to get them done? The guy that did mine in Paisley is no longer in business.

3 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

What flavour?  Petrol or Diesel, V8 or 6 pot? :D

Just bought a house and had to sell my E46 M3 for economics. So the 4 pot 2 litre flavour will have to do me. 

Edited by GEO147
Can't spell

11 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Where are you gong to get them done? The guy that did mine in Paisley is no longer in business.

Using a mate of a mate over in EK.  Can't remember his company name, but can find out for you.

Never used him before, but my mate has used him loads of times and sends customers his way all the time.  He made a very nice job of another mates wifes M135i wheels.  Once I get them done and on I'll stick some pics up.

5 minutes ago, sshooie said:

Looks superb and I really love black when it's clean but I couldn't live with one, it'd drive me insane.

Certainly a cracking looking finish though.

Thanks....

Still needs some da work to get rid of a few scratches...

Its carbon black... So technically blue. I my view, one of the best colours. 

Looks better when the sun actually makes an appearance lol

7 minutes ago, Saunders76 said:

Thanks....

Still needs some da work to get rid of a few scratches...

Its carbon black... So technically blue. I my view, one of the best colours. 

Looks better when the sun actually makes an appearance lol

Agree. Carbon black here as well and it looks very good in direct sun light especially. 

Nice colour, but after having dark blue paintwork on our 2nd car, wouldn't have one again - also the only colour I think suits the all black grills (Nozzles as my daughter calls them). Those wheels look smashing too - 20" rims must be a bit firm?