F10530D

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

791 posts in this topic

I've seen these threads all over other forums and I thought why not start one here? It'll be interesting to see what you guys get up to with your bimmers! Might give me some ideas on what to do too as mine is still completely stock.

Let's go!

Nothing! Just bought it and after fiddling with my e39 with detrimental effect, I'll be keeping this one OEM. That said... I do like the M performance stuff...

Short list for me.

1) M Performance exhaust

2) Detachable towbar

3) Acquired a set of 18" winter wheels/tyres

Weirdly i bought a set of wheels off ebay intending to put winter tyres on them, and when i went to collect it turned out they already had a set of Dunlop Wintersport 3D runflats in the correct 245/45R18 tyres mounted.

They're all below 5mm tread so i'm keeping my eyes peeled for a replacement set of tyres.

The wheels look like this:

ukiHxh5.jpg

How would i know? I'm assuming not since i don't appear have a readout of tyre pressures anywhere on my idrive, i'm guessing my car still does it the simple way using the ABS sensors.

I've got a set of four Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 tyres with plenty of tread on them I'm selling cause I replaced the car they were used on, 245/45 18. It wouldn't be practical to post them so they'd only be of use to you if you were close to Glasgow or Greenock.

On the subject of the thread I haven't done anything to mine apart from swap the winter tyres on and off. I had considered looking into the coding to enable the tyre temperatures to be displayed, for some reason they changed the system to only show pressures but apparently it still measures temperature and can be coded to show it?

Larry_Wiltshire likes this

Short list for me.

1) M Performance exhaust

2) Detachable towbar

3) Acquired a set of 18" winter wheels/tyres

Have you actually got the towbar on? Would be interested in what you went for and how much fitted if you have. Am looking at getting one for mine. Detachable obviously. Edited by F10Mark

I've got a set of four Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 tyres with plenty of tread on them I'm selling cause I replaced the car they were used on, 245/45 18. It wouldn't be practical to post them so they'd only be of use to you if you were close to Glasgow or Greenock.

On the subject of the thread I haven't done anything to mine apart from swap the winter tyres on and off. I had considered looking into the coding to enable the tyre temperatures to be displayed, for some reason they changed the system to only show pressures but apparently it still measures temperature and can be coded to show it?

Unfortunately I'm down in Merseyside which is a 450 mile round away, but thanks for the heads up!

Have you actually got the towbar on? Would be interested in what you went for and how much fitted if you have. Am looking at getting one for mine. Detachable obviously.

£595 fitted by a local company - Westfalia detachable with Westfalia dedicated 13 pin electrics.

The last few i've done myself using kit bought from PFJones, but this time i thought i'd splash the extra £150 and pay someone else to do it! I must be getting old.

Still fitted the M Performance exhaust myself though :)

Did you get it coded for the vehicle or just get the bypass fitted? I started looking into this and it seems like a minefield.

Did you get it coded for the vehicle or just get the bypass fitted? I started looking into this and it seems like a minefield.

That's why i opted to get it fitted - they coded it. Now when something is plugged in to the towbar my front pdc works as normal but the rear pdc simply shows an image of a towball and doesn't go haywire when i put the car into reverse.

What did you do to your F10/F11 today?

I think the heading needs altering to F07/F10/F11

Just thought i would put that out there

Took the car down to brummie today. Got 42mpg and that was keeping up with the outside lane. Gotta love the performance of these things!

Sorry! Completely forgot about the F07s! I'll update the title.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nice One,

I Had the chrome bit on the side indicators painted and the chrome strip on the rear painted to match the car, looks loads better. I will update my project thread when i have taken some picks.

Was calmly sat at a set of lights until I hear some stupid Toyota GT86 revving his engine next to me. Figured he wanted to have a little race. Ragged the little twat up to 50mph in a 30mph zone. Should've seen his face! It's like he thought that toyota was a racing car!

Edited by zain-amin

So, let's get this straight, you went nearly twice the speed limit in a residential zone order to prove a point? How very mature (and dangerous).

Edited by Gdez
Agger and Lennox like this

I should've mentioned, we were headed towards a dual carriageway anyway with a 50 mph limit. Sorry for startling you Gdez!

Edited by F10530D

I've only just noticed that I've got 2 accounts! I did access it from another computer so I'm guessing my older account was saved. I forgot the password to it now though  :???:

Sorry! Completely forgot about the F07s! I'll update the title.

They are quite forgettable

They are quite forgettable

well they're not exactly the best looking cars are they ...

I saved myself hundreds of pounds  :razz: One of the stupid little hooks that move the load area cover up and down when opening the tailgate snapped off. Having asked around it seems that BMW do not supply just this hook, they only supply the whole mechanism,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what a great way to make money, put a flimsy part, which just happens to be the main operational part into an expensive sub-assembly, which requires a strip down of the most of the rear trim etc of the car to replace. I have been told the cost would have been over 600 pounds. Ha Ha, I have fixed it for under 10p and it only took 5 mins, all I needed was a picture hook nail, a bit of patience and now have a stronger hook/spigot.