whiskychaser

Queen does Nazi salute

Nothing to see here, move along, just google 'England football team nazi salute' for instance. Simply a sign of the times...

There is something very British about supporting the underdog. But don't we love it just as much when we see the great and good with egg on their faces? The Germans, ever practical, don't even need a sentence to sum it up because they have a word for it

it was the action of a child being prompted by an irresponsible adult - grow up the Sun, must be desperate for circulation,

best place for the Sun is folded into sheets and pinned to the builder's bog wall.

it was the action of a child being prompted by an irresponsible adult - grow up the Sun, must be desperate for circulation,

best place for the Sun is folded into sheets and pinned to the builder's bog wall.

Bingo. My thoughts exactly.

+1

Genuinely don't get why people buy red tops.

I don't suppose that the Sun may have considered just for one minute that it could have been a Bellamy Salute, common in the US 'till it was phased out in favour of the hand over the heart around the same time as the Nazis adopted the Roman salute...

I don't suppose that the Sun may have considered just for one minute that it could have been a Bellamy Salute, common in the US 'till it was phased out in favour of the hand over the heart around the same time as the Nazis adopted the Roman salute...

Karl, that is very sweet but it just doesn't wash. It's a cock up and we all love them.

Karl, that is very sweet but it just doesn't wash. It's a cock up and we all love them.

Yes. Of course it was a cock up with bells on... But at the time she made the salute, Hitler was seen to be a politician who was rebuilding his country, not the salivating blood thirsty nut job that we all now know him to be.. A similar state to when Tony Blair first came to power, folk were happy because they believed that he would make the country better, we now know that he should be on trial in the Hague..

But all the same, the Sun didn't even slow down to consider that the salute could have been anything other than a Nazi salute..

At risk of being sued, I'd say the Sun, like most papers, doesn't care if a story is real as long as it sells papers. But you have a point. Five years after the pic was taken, Chamberlain was giving his 'Peace in our time' speech. And has been slated ever since for being an appeaser. It is well known that some of the Royal family were pro German. Not surprising if you consider their family history. It is a very late publication of an unfortunate photo. Will this cause the Queen to abdicate? I am not even a Royalist and I hope not    

Load of shite this is. She was a young child AND it happened before anyone had any idea of how the hand action would become a nazi sign YEARS AFTER THE FILM. Fucking papers. Wouldn't even wrap my fish and chips in the sun in fear of tainting my dinner with shit.

The Sun is a joke and this story has no context. 

Not newsworthy IMO. 

BTW I am not even a Royalist!

Years ago when in primary school, we would make plasticine glasses and cigars and run round imitating Jimmy Saville....Did that mean that 25 six year olds condoned Paedophilia? By the suns logic, yes.

The Sun will survive, it has a history of being offensive.. It is, however scary how many folk actually believe what is written in the news papers.

I did Nazi salutes as a kid when playing war games with friends. It's the sort of thing kids do.

It's on a par with the Daily Express front page last week;

"1 IN 4 BABIES BORN TO IMMIGRANTS IN THE UK"

Oh just fuck off.

Spot on. The Sun is a terrible newspaper (not that you can even call it that). Let's call it a gossip rag. I hoped that it would have learnt after the News of the World issues, alas not. The sooner it is removed from circulation the better, in my honest opinion. I still cannot understand why anybody would want to buy or even read it.

Horsey

Edited by Horsey

The Sun has had the highest circulation of any national newspaper for years. Why? No idea. 

Meanwhile, Twitter reveals other Hitler sympathisers. Allegedly

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/07/18/sun-exposes-queen-as-secret-nazi_n_7824482.html

I am of the understanding that politics on car forums is never a good idea, so going to give this a body-swerve

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It always end up in a lot of huffing and puffing from folk who disagree, calling each other names and the topic gets deleted......Great fun! 

Other than to say that I'm a believer in the French solution to monarchy ;)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You guys had the chance to get rid of them a few months ago....But you knew where you were well off...;-)