WRussell

Long-Lasting Sealant Preferences?

Thinking about putting some of this on and was wondering if people had any thoughts / preferences?

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/cquartz-uk-edition-paint-sealant/prod_1091.html - CQuartz

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/sonax-premium-class-nano-paint-coating/prod_1197.html - Sonsonax Premium

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/gtechniq-crystal-lacquer-c1-kit/prod_889.html - Gtechniq C1 + Crystal

My plan is;

Wash

Clay

Glaze with the DA (Black hole or 50.Cal)

Sealant (One of the above)

Layer on Wax (King of Glass)

I wouldn't be spending my hard earned on a sealant thats as delicate as the above, one strong seagull sh*t and they're done...

A coat of Ceramic Pro light would give you two years protection,

A few coats of CP-9H would give you scratch resistance and as above be chemical proof, My red E30 just laughs at Seagull crap now, maintenance washes are simple as well given that dirt just doesn't stick to it...

10421636_10155596535860144_5035370136226

11828782_10156045360730144_3872188529354

10984115_10156045360630144_5396887744321

Oh and don't top a glaze with a sealant, it needs to bond with the paint surface,

invest in correcting your paintwork before committing to a sealant otherwise you won't be getting the best solution,

All my opinion I know but you won't get longevity chucking 3 LSP's at your paint...

If you want any further advice just ask

Brgds/Chris

Chris is right   Nothing stands  up to the rigours  of use  like Ceramic Pro 9H  We currently have a Volvo V50 which is a 'daily runner"  It is 36 months  since we first coated  it.  Since then we have just washed  it.  In that time  there have been no more stone ships, no need for any polishing or detailing maintenance and in 3 minutes flat  you can have it looking as fresh as a daisy again.  Bird lime, acetone,  brake fluid and most other chemicals  just wash off .  Even the occasional shopping trolley scuff just polished out  not even damaging the clear coat.

Ceramic Pro Permanent Coatings* give

Protection against environmental fallout
Resistance to  all chemicals
Super Hydrophobic-self cleaning effect  meaning less and easier washing
9H Hardness - high abrasion resistance
High Gloss Finish.. as good as any wax
Anti Graffiti
SGS. Certified
* Ceramic pro is available from Approved Applicators only     They are situated  in  Middlesex  Suffolk  Inverness  North  wales  and Northumberland.  Manchester is coming soon  just check out the Nanoshine Group Ltd pages  or Ceramic Pro  to see the videos on u-Tube

no need for any polishing or detailing maintenance and in 3 minutes flat  you can have it looking as fresh as a daisy again.

I know the stuff is meant to be good but if it can slow down time as well..........now that is worth the money  :D

C2v3 is the dogs danglies. I find if you've got the time and dont rush then gtechniq is brilliant.

I've used this before. It's a good product and love their glass cleaner

I'm on hold ATM and had a quick look but can't find where to buy this stuff - it says you need to an approved user

Any suggestions appreciated

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and baad speeling

Hi Paul,

Contact Mike through the facebook link in my signature or telephone number for more info,

Its not a DIY application and therefore not generally available to the public, certainly worth the result though!

Hi, can you tell me please,do you apply polish than wax and than sealant?

Until now I only used Polish Resin and Carnauba Wax and if sealant that good I might give it a try! 

Thanks!

What about preferred polish? I've suddenly realised I haven't got anything half decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and baad speeling

Depends on your intended level of correction,

Super resin polish is full of fillers so the damage in the paint isn't removed, If you actually want to correct your paint you want to be either booking your car in for paintwork correction or taking the time to lean how to effectively use a DA,

Most people say, 'i'll give the car a polish this weekend" which in actuality translates to "this weekend I'll be using a cheap consumer product to hide all the nasty damage and swirling in my paint surface"

No disrespect intended to any that use SRP and wax, it works and does generally last a few months but the two should not be confused, you can top a sealant with a wax but to my mind why bother...

Spend a few hundred pounds having your paint work corrected, treat it to a nice long term protectant and smile every time you look at, but then I am a detailer and that is what you'd all expect me to say...

:)

I learnt how to machine polish a couple of years back and spent a good few hours on my old CLK, being black it would show any swirls and scratches easily.

The end result was around 12hrs to cut every panel then a further 2-3 with a glaze. Since doing that it's looked like new and come back after every wash as long as I stick with the 2 bucket method and keep the mitt clean. 

Megs ultimate,50 cal filler show glaze and ioncoat naviwax is a superb combo at cheap monies...

They will also last a lifetime as they come in decent sized amounts...

I also like Fusso king of gloss and 50 cal pentawax.....

For my old Champers (not GTR), I use a DA polisher with megs microfibre pads (Cutting and polishing).

After a proper wash, decontamination and claying, I use Megs cutting compound with cutting pad. Then Menzerna fine polish on a soft foam (Sonus) pad, and finsih off with either Megs NXT wax (Gloss look) or FK1000p (Protection around winter time) depending on gloss or protection I want.

Lately on the GTR, I tend to go with NXT as it makes the pearlescsent paint POP. ;)

So, in summary;

Clean

Decontaminate

Clay

Clean

Compund

Polish

Wax

Then admire your efforts :lol:

Is anyone else besides me / TPCL using Rupes compounds and pads? Well admittedly Menzerna as well depending on the job...

I really have been impressed by their performance