marko530d

pdc module unit replacement

Hi guys my pdc module is kaput ordered 1 off ebay same part numbers as my old one will it be plug and play or will it need coded and if so can I do it with inpa or dis ?

Thanks

Mark

What were your symptom s? The two leftmost at the rear are always on (audible and visual on screen) when I put it in reverse. 

Dunno if car has had a replacement previously but looks like mine was previously cut off ar the wiring loom and reconnected by new wire to the (poss new) module. Doesn't look factory fresh anyway haha 

Replaced 6 sensors all working few days later they all went off no clicking from any sensors use dis to check and I think it points to unit faulty. :sad:

Cheers. I better hurry up and get dis onto my laptop.......

If you get a PDC module technically it should be coded to the car but you will get away with not coding a module it it has come from a car with a similar spec to yours, e.g. If it had F&R sensors & yours only had rear sensors then you will get errors as the replacement module expects to see front PDC sensors.

Corny only takes mere seconds with NCS Expert.

If you get a PDC module technically it should be coded to the car but you will get away with not coding a module it it has come from a car with a similar spec to yours, e.g. If it had F&R sensors & yours only had rear sensors then you will get errors as the replacement module expects to see front PDC sensors.

Corny only takes mere seconds with NCS Expert.

Good to know. Is this the same for pretty much any module which is changed on the car, i.e. that it has to be coded?

Horsey

Yeah. Hopefully rebel.ranter will confirm the correct procedure. I think I have seen, on other forums, rebel.ranter provide guides/info regarding coding procedure.

Horsey

Found out why it's not plug and play the pdc unit that was in is fine and needs coded aswell it's from a 2009 model thanks to dis.

My car is a 2005 model so bought new (second hand ) unit for nothing still unsure how to code with ncs expert :-(

Edited by marko530d

You can use NCS Expert to code the new unit.

1. Open "Expertmode" profile.

2. Select F1

3. Then F3

4. Choose E60.

6. The. Select "Back".

7. Choose "Choose ECU".

8. Click PDC here.

9. Change job to "SG_Coderien".

10. Select "Execute Job".

Job done!

The process for most modules is similar with a few twists depending on the module. For example the Light Control module needs to have your VO/FA written to it. You'll also need to change/write your VIN to the replacement module using Tool32. The CCC then is actually 5 modules in one & you would need to code all 5 modules.

2. Select F1

3. Then F3

4. Choose E60.

6. The. Select "Back".

7. Choose "Choose ECU".

8. Click PDC here.

Job done!

The process for most modules is similar with a few twists depending on the module. For example the Light Control module needs to have your VO/FA written to it. You'll also need to change/write your VIN to the replacement module using Tool32. The CCC then is actually 5 modules in one & you would need to code all 5 modules.

Excellent, thanks for that. Have you created many guides for coding? I have come across your LM1 to LM2 guide.

Horsey

I did one for M-ASK to CCC retrofit & Dension 500/AVR install.

They all more or less follow the same procedures.

In addition what's already I've done Xenon retrofits, airbag module swaps, e90 LCI head unit retrofits, Bluetooth retrofit, ABS pump/module swaps, etc. just a hobby helping others out really.

I got a copy of E-SYS for the latest F Series Cars but I've not installed it yet. Looking forward to giving that a go.

I've an e63 630i & an e63 M6, they are e60s from an electronics point of view. Hence frequenting the 5 Series forums. A lot of commonality across e6x cars. Had an e39, that I should never have sold (in February). :(

2. Select F1

3. Then F3

4. Choose E60.

6. The. Select "Back".

7. Choose "Choose ECU".

8. Click PDC here.

Job done!

Thanks.pal