Sdemon

Adding aux input along intravee

Hi pps. I have a Mini Cooper 03 plate with mk4 sat nav with harman kardon mini boost CD player. the intravee 2 is connected via the cd changer cable in the boot. I would like to achieve two further things:

1) additional aux input so that I can connect devices via aux. this doesn't have to go through the intravee per se. Would like to know the best solution for this

2) Bluetooth connectivity so that can play music via Bluetooth

Many thanks

An 03 radio should support the factory Aux input. This connects to the back of the radio and will give a new Aux source when pressing the Mode key. An alternative would be to use an Alpine KCA-410C or Intravee switch.

For Bluetooth the only viable solution right now is a connection via an Aux input, but look at the thread on using a Bluetooth device attached to the iPod dock connector on a KCA-420i.

Thanks Richard for your quick reply.

Are you talking about the thread where ppl are attempting to use the tune2air product and ultimately a member is trying to develop his own product?

Cheers

Sorry to drag up an old thread, I thought it would be better than starting a new one.

I have Intravee in my September 2000 E39 M5 (facelift, just!), will this cable fit straight in? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GDKGNLN/ref=asc_df_B07GDKGNLN58111665/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22146&creativeASIN=B07GDKGNLN&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310801248631&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4059539454021869020&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007124&hvtargid=pla-642512815327

I have the same interior/radio as below, just in RHD...

6c8d0e080adea8356ef16dc41f551d37.jpg

No.

Only cars built from September 2002 on have the 3 pin Aux connector behind the dash.

A 2000 car, if fitted with the original radio module, will not support Aux and won’t be pre wired..

Edited by RichardP

On 19/01/2019 at 09:02, RichardP said:

No.

Only cars built from September 2002 on have the 3 pin Aux connector behind the dash.

A 2000 car, if fitted with the original radio module, will not support Aux and won’t be pre wired..

Thank you!