Henry

Hi I'm new! E39 530d Touring M5 lookalike

Do the tail gate lights come off without removing the full inner tail gate panel

Every time I look at yours I want the wheels on mine !!!

Yer the rear lights are really easy to change on the touring, side ones you Just remove the inner panels that just clip into place, and tail gate ones you just open the tool kit panel and the lights are there! East peasy lol

I do like the wheels, had the full set refurbished by chips away, not 100% happy with there work but I'm hard to please! They still look nice so it's all good.

You should bring it to the Kent meet next week and the Uxbridge show in July ;)

I need to get the rust and wings resprayed before I go to any meets! Hopefully I will get them sorted soon just trying to find a decent body shop that doesn't charge a fortune! And is fairly local!

There are different ways to do it but easiest is to split it where standard back box is and run behind the diffuser, been on a while now and only problem I've had is that as rubbers have bed in its shifted slightly to one side so need to get that tweeked.

Had the car engine and gearbox remapping done today! Was running more power than standard before just from having the exhaust system done, so boosted the overall gains! 527nm torque and 171whp! Not sure what that converts to the bhp but all I know it's it's rapid now!!! Top end not really changed but gets there a lot quicker!

Little more info from the tuning company, the figures of 171whp and 527nm is what they have accurately measured at the wheels and they have estimated that the engine is actually producing 226bhp and 598nm !!!!

It does! Lol fitting a piper cross air filter, run it for a couple months, do a service and then do another dyno run!

From my experience on Petrol & Diesels I wouldn't bother with an aftermarket filter, they usually lose power. Ensure you have a clean OEM Filter and all will be good. ;)

C.

Yer I'm going to do another dyno run with filter to see if it actually makes a difference!

If doing so you are best doing two dyno runs side by side with different filters, this will ensure accurate results as atmospheric conditions will be exactly the same. ;)

C.

Installed new rear cup holders and 45watt Angel eye LED bulbs, cars going into get the wings resprayed on Friday then off to Snetterton evening track day on 30th, can't wait!